Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

I tried to order a mini tiered cake thru guest services & received a reply stating... "They are not able to customize cakes." Why might this be?!? I've ordered several customized cakes in the past. I put a $50 limit for this cake which in the past has been $35. They also quoted me $47 for the generic mini two tier. It will be from Contemporary Bakery--- sent to WL. Any thoughts guys? lurkyloo?

I'm guessing you went through the wrong channels maybe? I would call the number for WL and see what they say. There has seemed to be less options for mini cakes, but I thought the Contemporary was still willing and able to customize.

I don't know if anyone can answer this or not, but here goes.

Does anyone know if you can buy the white chocolate castle cake toppers by themselves? Like, could we buy one down there next week to bring home? We are now considering a bigger, local wedding but still want the cake we had planned, and it was a Disney cake. We have a baker found who said she could do it no problem, but she can't do the topper for obvious reasons, lol. Also, if we CAN get it, does anyone know the cost?

It would be the small size, not the mini or the monster one. :)

Thanks!

Yup, it was my understanding that the big ones are all chocolate as well. I just meant they used them as cake toppers. I've seen the mini ones a lot for the mini wedding cakes, but I know the price on those...at least from some quotes I've seen from the gf...have gone up.
Someone else mentioned black frosting, not you. Was just trying to answer 2 questions at once :)

The cost for this cake was only $50 (and I believe all of the additional $15 was for the white chocolate monorail, so that would mean no charge for the ears).

Someone else mentioned black frosting, not you. Was just trying to answer 2 questions at once :)

The cost for this cake was only $50 (and I believe all of the additional $15 was for the white chocolate monorail, so that would mean no charge for the ears).P
Yes thank you for answering about the chocolate ears ☺

The cost for this cake was only $50 (and I believe all of the additional $15 was for the white chocolate monorail, so that would mean no charge for the ears).

Sorry...wasn't sure :) That price is on par with what we've paid for cakes of that size in the past. I was talking to a woman a year or so ago who wanted 2 of the mini ears for an anniversary cake and the GF wanted $75 just for two sets of the mini ears, although...I think they were the larger minis :rotfl:that they use for wedding cakes.

I did a little digging and I think I may have figured out a ballpark cost on the ears...I had a friend get one with the big ears topper from the Contemporary in Aug 2015, and I want to say it was $110 or $115. The cake itself was a basic 6" buttercream, so I suspect the cake was in the $35-40 range...making the big ears about $75. Who knows what 2 years of Disney inflation has done to the price :rotfl2:

I tried to order a mini tiered cake thru guest services & received a reply stating... "They are not able to customize cakes." Why might this be?!? I've ordered several customized cakes in the past. I put a $50 limit for this cake which in the past has been $35. They also quoted me $47 for the generic mini two tier. It will be from Contemporary Bakery--- sent to WL. Any thoughts guys? lurkyloo?

Guest Services can't help you order a custom cake. You need to call Private Dining at Wilderness Lodge via the number in Post #1.

I don't know if anyone can answer this or not, but here goes.

Does anyone know if you can buy the white chocolate castle cake toppers by themselves? Like, could we buy one down there next week to bring home? We are now considering a bigger, local wedding but still want the cake we had planned, and it was a Disney cake. We have a baker found who said she could do it no problem, but she can't do the topper for obvious reasons, lol. Also, if we CAN get it, does anyone know the cost?

It would be the small size, not the mini or the monster one. :)

Thanks!

Yes, the woman who makes those toppers for Disney sells them on her website and ships them anywhere that can be reached by overnight delivery. The small one is $125 + $45 for packing + the actual cost of shipping. Here's how you order them: http://www.themescometrue.com/WhiteChocolateCastleOrderForm.jpg

Guest Services can't help you order a custom cake. You need to call Private Dining at Wilderness Lodge via the number in Post #1.

Yes, the woman who makes those toppers for Disney sells them on her website and ships them anywhere that can be reached by overnight delivery. The small one is $125 + $45 for packing + the actual cost of shipping. Here's how you order them: http://www.themescometrue.com/WhiteChocolateCastleOrderForm.jpg
Absolutely perfect! Exactly what I needed! Thank you!!

We got them atop a mini cake last year. They were chocolate, though, not frosted.
img_6171-jpg.246349

I really want to order this as the welcome cake and have sent to out room. Do they still offer the chocolate monorail? How much was the monorail?

I really want to order this as the welcome cake and have sent to out room. Do they still offer the chocolate monorail? How much was the monorail?
I believe it was $15. Only available at CR (or resorts serviced by CR bakery).

Just returned from WDW and had 2 cakes prepared by Brian and the contemporary bake staff. Both were excellent!

The first cake was delivered to our table at California Grill. It became an early birthday cake for my grandmother who will be 80 on July 4th. I didn't have anything written on the cake as the purpose of the trip was also to celebrate her first visit, my mom beating cancer, and my sister's college graduation. I was able to order this just over 72 hours before our reservation. It was fondant with a white cake and chocolate buttercream. I had a white chocolate castle added on top. I was charged $44 to the table (and I believe I was able to use TiW on this as well).

IMG_0091.JPG IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0133.JPG

I posted earlier, but for the second cake, I worked with Brian via email to get a mini recreation of our wedding cake, Disney style, to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. It was delivered to our room at BLT on our anniversary. Here's the wedding cake picture I sent over: IMG_0040.JPG

And here is the vanilla on vanilla (with vanilla inside) Disney version:

IMG_0112.JPG IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0047.JPG IMG_0075.JPG

This was about $46 after the delivery fees. Both were excellent and I'm already craving them again!

Are the Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes actually "cake/yellow/white" inside or are they chocolate or white chocolate all the way through?

Thank you,
Jamby

Are the Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes actually "cake/yellow/white" inside or are they chocolate or white chocolate all the way through?

Thank you,
Jamby

I believe there is a picture here maybe a few pages back, but someone indicated it was cake and layers with frosting that was a little more of a fudgy texture.

ETA: I just noticed a picture of the inside of the cake is on page 1.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with ordering a Gluten Free custom cake? I spoke with the CR and they said they have vanilla and chocolate GF mixes available. Thanks!

Does anyone have experience with ordering a Gluten Free custom cake? I spoke with the CR and they said they have vanilla and chocolate GF mixes available. Thanks!

Yes. I had one from the CR bakery a few years ago. I believe they used the Namaste cake mix or at least that's what someone told me at the time. It definitely wasn't up to par with the gourmet level of gluten free cakes you can get these days but the chocolate cake was okay. I got a mini cake which had more frosting than cake and their frosting is delicious so it worked well.

Their bakery is obviously not gluten free but they take precautions as best as they can.

Is there an email address that we can send a request to at the GF for a cake at Narcossee's? Is Pat the contact person there or am I confused? Thanks!

Yes. I had one from the CR bakery a few years ago. I believe they used the Namaste cake mix or at least that's what someone told me at the time. It definitely wasn't up to par with the gourmet level of gluten free cakes you can get these days but the chocolate cake was okay. I got a mini cake which had more frosting than cake and their frosting is delicious so it worked well.

Their bakery is obviously not gluten free but they take precautions as best as they can.
Thank you for your response. We had a cake ordered and then found out my daughter can't have gluten. I didn't want to cancel the cake, she feels like everything she loves at Disney contains gluten, so I was excited when they said they offer GF. We went with chocolate, so I'm glad to hear it was ok. I'm in the company, put enough icing on anything and it's gotta be good! Thanks again, I will post a picture when we get back.

Is there an email address that we can send a request to at the GF for a cake at Narcossee's? Is Pat the contact person there or am I confused? Thanks!

I believe you have to call for GF. There is a number listed on page 1 of this thread.

We are staying at the Poly & I need a cake for early morning (8:30) for a photo shoot with my daughter for her birthday. We are dining at Cape May the night before..should we just order it from Boardwalk & pick it up to save on delivery costs? Or have it delivered to the room the night before? Does anyone know if they'll deliver in the morning?

Thanks!

We are staying at the Poly & I need a cake for early morning (8:30) for a photo shoot with my daughter for her birthday. We are dining at Cape May the night before..should we just order it from Boardwalk & pick it up to save on delivery costs? Or have it delivered to the room the night before? Does anyone know if they'll deliver in the morning?

Thanks!

They do deliver cakes to breakfast ADRs, but I'm not sure how they handle resort room deliveries. I'd probably have them deliver to the room the night before to play it safe. Then if something happens in transport it's on them and you won't have to worry about it arriving in time the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter