Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

So, all the details you need are in Posts 1 and 2, including the direct phone numbers for Private Dining at resorts that provide them. Cake orders are placed through Private Dining, not the main resort phone number (though you can always call that number and ask to be transferred to Private Dining).

Here's the cake pic without the X for you!

Safari%20Cake%202%20Tier_zpsvwle6uhg.jpg

THANK YOU so much for your help. I love this cake!

I'm a bit confused or I will be disappointed. WL bakery called me today after having left a message yesterday. I wanted a 6" chocolate cake with vanilla custard and fresh strawberry filling. I wanted a Flower and Garden theme using roses and lilies. They don't do lilies so I went with the roses on a white fondant cover on the cake. I asked for red roses and a mustard and ketchup rose (yellow in the center and red on the ends) yeah, that's too much for them. So I asked for red and pink roses with Happy 30th anniversary on it. My cost $41? So, either the cake will be as simple as it gets or I will get so much more for my money. I'll post a picture after we get home on May 9th. I got a Haunted Mansion cake 8 years ago from the Contemp. bakery, what a cake! Was worth every dime.

So I have been through all 80 pages of this thread and didn't see anything so...

Has anyone been able to get a Guardians of the Galaxy themed cake?

We will be at California Grill in July for my son's 16th birthday and we would like to order a custom birthday cake. I was hoping to get something Guardians.

TIA,

Who did you talk to at the Contemporary? Chef Brian made me this cake with sculpted penguins a few years ago:

CA_Grill_09.jpg

CA_Grill_11.jpg

CA_Grill_14.jpg

CA_Grill_12.jpg

CA_Grill_21.jpg

That is a really cute cake! Spoke to George. Asked about the safari cake first. When I was told no, I asked about painted white chocolate characters. Told that they no longer paint them, they only do the gold accent?! Trying to come up with another idea.

That is a really cute cake! Spoke to George. Asked about the safari cake first. When I was told no, I asked about painted white chocolate characters. Told that they no longer paint them, they only do the gold accent?! Trying to come up with another idea.

Based on info from other users in this thread, George is the Private Dining contact, not a pastry chef. If it is important to you, I would push to either be put in touch with a pastry chef via email or to have him run your idea by a pastry chef before he dismisses it.

Based on info from other users in this thread, George is the Private Dining contact, not a pastry chef. If it is important to you, I would push to either be put in touch with a pastry chef via email or to have him run your idea by a pastry chef before he dismisses it.

You are correct, he is from Private Dining. I took your advice and emailed him asking him if he could run the idea by a pastry chef. I will keep you updated. :)

Now I am really confused. He emailed back saying that he will ask but said that because of copyrights/proportions of the
characters, they can’t?! I am asking for a generic safari theme like the cake that you posted and sent three pics of such cakes. Ugh.

Now I am really confused. He emailed back saying that he will ask but said that because of copyrights/proportions of the
characters, they can’t?! I am asking for a generic safari theme like the cake that you posted and sent three pics of such cakes. Ugh.

Sounds like he knows the stock answers but not when to apply them. I wouldn't worry about it — the pastry chefs know what they can and can't do.

Sounds like he knows the stock answers but not when to apply them. I wouldn't worry about it — the pastry chefs know what they can and can't do.

Well it’s a no go. He said “nothing sculpted”. 2d image of Lion King was offered.

Well here's how it came out. It was absolutely delicious but I wish I didn't get talked into the Chocolate Ganache Glaze and Chocolate Curls.

It was Chocolate overload with the Choc Buttercream underneath and the Cookies and Cream Mousse filling. I think I would have preferred it with a bit more color. As a reminder it was ordered from the Grand Floridian and came to $82 with all charges delivered to Ohana. 6" cake by the way.

As a side note I tried to confirm the cake when I checked in for dinner but they couldn't find any trace of it. After we were seated a Manager came out and said to my wife before I could get her attention don't worry we found your cake. She looked at me and my jaw hit the table. She quickly realized that she spoiled the surprise and hurried away. She came over later with a fresh flower Lei for my wife saying how sorry she was. My wife felt really bad for her gave her a hug when when left and told her not to worry about it.

20180419_165305.jpg .

Has anyone ordered a custom cake from one of the Epcot restaurants serviced by outside vendors? We're celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday, and the night we are dining at Nine Dragons makes the most sense for us to tote leftover cake back to our resort. I'm curious what those look like--the prices are reasonable, and there's no charge for a screen printed character or inscription. Any pictures or experience?

Well it’s a no go. He said “nothing sculpted”. 2d image of Lion King was offered.

Ugh... I wonder if @CakeManBri isn't working at the Contemporary anymore...

Has anyone ordered a custom cake from one of the Epcot restaurants serviced by outside vendors? We're celebrating my daughter's 4th birthday, and the night we are dining at Nine Dragons makes the most sense for us to tote leftover cake back to our resort. I'm curious what those look like--the prices are reasonable, and there's no charge for a screen printed character or inscription. Any pictures or experience?

The only one anybody's ever posted in a Cake Chatter thread is this one obtained via San Angel Inn (which uses the same outside vendor as the other non-Disney restaurants in Epcot):

SanAngelMexicoEpcotCake6inch.jpg

So if you get one, it would be awesome if you'd post pictures here!

The only one anybody's ever posted in a Cake Chatter thread is this one obtained via San Angel Inn (which uses the same outside vendor as the other non-Disney restaurants in Epcot):

SanAngelMexicoEpcotCake6inch.jpg

So if you get one, it would be awesome if you'd post pictures here!

THANK YOU! :D
Having at least somewhat of an idea of what to expect is better than nothing. I will definitely come back and post! (We're not going until December, so it will be a while yet...)

Any luck in ordering this cake? I tried to order something similar but the Contemporary said that they do not sculpt any animals. Bummer!
I'll be ordering in June. I have some other ideas for a cake as well...just google "Lion King Cake" and up pops a lot of ideas! LOL!

maybe the sculpted pieces are just taking too much time to create, even for the price offered?

It is possible. I have read through all of the “Cake Chatter” posts on the Dis and a couple of other forums. It always seemed that when you requested a non-Disney theme, they went the extra mile due to no worries about copyrights, scale, etc. but i guess not anymore.

Never ordered a custom cake before but this summer I'm gonna need two. First trip is in early June and my husband's birthday is on June 1st which is also our first day there. We're having an early dinner at 'Ohana and staying at the Polynesian and I'm thinking about getting him a Chip and Dale themed cake.

The second cake is for a huge family trip we're taking in Aug. It'll be our 25th wedding anniversary on the 28th and we're having dinner at the Contemporary. I want to do something fantastic but I honestly have no ideas at all. I think a Tamatoa (the shiny crab from Moana) themed cake would be glorious but I'm not sure how to connect it to a 25th anniversary. This whole creativity thing is not something I'm great with.

I figured I'd get rolling on the June cake now but how early should I order the one for Aug? *back to browsing cake pics*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter