***OFFICIAL Disney Youth Programs YES Thread***

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
:teacher:

Welcome to the Official Disney Youth Programs Thread!! Otherwise known as the "YES" or "Y.E.S." program (Youth Educational Series)

This official thread has been given the stamp of approval from the Moderators of the DIS, and I will updating it as frequently as possible. Please post questions, experience or knowledge here! :goodvibes

About Disney Youth Programs:
Disney Youth Programs is a collection of unique, enriching experiences designed to engage young minds and show students the path to making dreams a reality. These practical learning programs use the impact of Disney storytelling, the dynamic Cast and environment of the Disney Parks, and the power of hands‐on learning to spark creativity and unlock the hidden potential within your students.

Official Website: http://www.disneyyouth.com/
Official Phone Number: Call 1-877-WD-YOUTH

What is Disney Youth Education Series?
Disney Youth Education Series is a collection of over 25 field studies that take place within the Disney Parks. All programs in science, arts and humanities and leadership and careers are designed to enhance classroom lessons with an emphasis on developing critical skills. Most programs last from 2.5-3 hours, are accredited and meet National Standards. Programs are available to students Age 8-grade 12 and are offered at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts year-round, with the exception of select blackout dates.

What is Disney Homeschool Days?

Disney Homeschool Days is a special educational presentation given twice a year for homeschooling students and their families. Each presentation is unique and offers students the opportunity to learn from and ask questions of our professional Disney Cast. Past topics have included engineering, animal sciences, nutrition, animation, Imagineering and more.
Disney Homeschool Days is available only at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.

What is College Edition: Disney Youth Education Series?
College Edition: Disney Youth Education Series is a collection of three college level adventures designed to help students explore career opportunities and practice their critical thinking, leadership and collaboration skills. Using the backdrop of the Walt Disney World® Resort, students are immersed into our operation for a demonstration of how valuable principles learned in the classroom are applicable in a real-world business setting. Programs are offered year-round, with the exception of select blackout dates, only at Walt Disney World® Resort.

What is Individual Enrollment: Disney Youth Education Series?
Individual Enrollment: Disney Youth Education Series allows students who are not part of group the opportunity to participate in a Disney Youth Education Series field study.
Disney Youth Education Series is a collection of over 25 field studies that take place within the Disney Parks. All programs in science, arts and humanities and leadership and careers are designed to enhance classroom lessons with an emphasis on developing critical skills. Most programs last from 2.5-3 hours, are accredited and meet National Standards. Programs are available to students Age 5-grade 12 and are offered at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.

I really wanted to have a thread devoted entirely to the YES programs at Disney. I did search upon search on the DIS to find out we didn't have an official page! I am hoping this will greatly help any and all of you who are interested in or would like to keep up with the program. :thumbsup2

I am so glad to find this today. I have been checking this out since I began homeschooling my DD10 last year. I know they have a homeschool edition, but the times didn't coincide with when we wanted to/could visit, so I'm thinking of the individual enrollment and priced a week. While I know the prices included two classes, I think the discount has waned quite a bit in recent years, yes? Seemed like more than we paid for a week with dining, but I could be wrong. However, that really isn't the point. I'm really interested in the courses for my DD and figuring how to work it into our budget!

Thank you for the awesome information! What the best way to get from Pop to MK. For a class at 7:15am? TIA

Thank you for the awesome information! What the best way to get from Pop to MK. For a class at 7:15am? TIA

Generally, buses usually start running around 6:30 to MK. You should be able to make it no problem. Otherwise, I'd take a cab, or drive it you have your car. Check at the desk when you arrive to see when bus would be leaving. If it isn't until 7, definitely take a cab.

I am so glad to find this today. I have been checking this out since I began homeschooling my DD10 last year. I know they have a homeschool edition, but the times didn't coincide with when we wanted to/could visit, so I'm thinking of the individual enrollment and priced a week. While I know the prices included two classes, I think the discount has waned quite a bit in recent years, yes? Seemed like more than we paid for a week with dining, but I could be wrong. However, that really isn't the point. I'm really interested in the courses for my DD and figuring how to work it into our budget!

You will find much more information in the YES thread that has been going on for years. You may also want to check out the Homeschooling threads.

I am hoping to do individual enrollment for Jan 2015. I have 4 kids (15, 9, 7, 5) and don't think I will be able to get them all in the same class. A few may just not be able to take a class, depending on schedules (I don't want the whole trip taken up with classes). I know that I have to be there for the younger three, so if I do a class for one or more of them, what can I do with the siblings during that time?

For our 2012 trip I had booked some cool things for DS6 to do and was looking for something that DD14 could do. She was too old for most kid activities (most max out at age 12) and too young for most of the tours. I stumbled across the YES program and my DD did the Discovering Marine Life class which she enjoyed a lot. The only issue that we had was that we couldn't find the group for a few minutes because it was pouring rain so they couldn't meet at the flagpole!

Next month DS16 and her 2 friends will be taking the Fundamentals of Photo Storytelling: Images with Impact class and DS8 will be taking Synergy in Science. The teens are excited to have World Showcase to themselves to take pictures of (and to take pictures of each other. Insert some selfies too!). DS loves Science so this is the perfect program for him!

Of course the ticket price discount is awesome but these programs are so uniquely educational, the kids love the fact that they get to be backstage (how many regular visitors get to do that!?) and did I mention educational? I'm a huge fan of the programs and wish they would offer more!

You will find much more information in the YES thread that has been going on for years. You may also want to check out the Homeschooling threads.

The mods were happy to allow me to start this Official Thread...as I couldn't find many others that were very encompassing! They all seem to be spread all over the place and I had a hard time finding any information using the "search" option here.

I am hoping to do individual enrollment for Jan 2015. I have 4 kids (15, 9, 7, 5) and don't think I will be able to get them all in the same class. A few may just not be able to take a class, depending on schedules (I don't want the whole trip taken up with classes). I know that I have to be there for the younger three, so if I do a class for one or more of them, what can I do with the siblings during that time?

We would have to do individual enrollment right now, as well. Some of the classes cut off right at the next age mark, so it does get tricky to schedule them. I was going to have DH take DS7 to one class while I hang out with DS5, or take him to another class. Are you going with just you and the kids?

:goodvibes:thumbsup2

I agree...I'm trying to figure out how to work in the classes, as well. We aren't exactly locals, we are about 6 hours away, so it has been tricky trying to coordinate a "group" trip. We are looking at the individual enrollment classes, as well. What rather stinks for us is we are Annual Passholders. We get to go to all the Parks! So, with the individual enrollment, we would have to pass for the cost of a day ticket regardless.

My hope for this thread was to have a more specific information thread (like the resorts have!) to help with basic YES information. I could not find any other yes thread other than a bunch spread out all over the forum. With the moderators blessing, this official thread was born. You're welcome to search wherever you like for yes information, however, I will be adding more information to this thread periodically through research, experience, and other members trip information. :goodvibes

I am in the process of coordinating an educational trip, for high school students and their parents, to WDW during April vacation. The plan is to have the students participate in 3 YES programs during the week, take the Walt Disney Magic tour one morning, and spend the rest of the week touring the parks. Any feedback on the YES sessions would be helpful. I have two different educational tour companies, and 1 Disney travel agent, bidding on the package. All three companies think that more than 2 sessions might be too taxing. I am also seeking information on one of the tour companies, Brighitspark. I've used the other two travel agencies, so I am aware of their reputations. Any information on BrightSpark, who advertises YES packages, would be very helpful. If this trip goes well, I plan on offering it yearly, possibly with different YES experiences each year. Thank you for your attention to this post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter