Official Goofy 2016 Thread

J3nn78

DIS Veteran
So who is in for Goofy next year? I was supposed to do it this year, but DH developed bursitis in the fall and had to defer. I didn't want to run without him so I deferred as well. I am kind of bummed because we signed up for Goofy because it was the anniversary year and we can only defer to the same race, but oh well. Goofy it is!

I did the Marathon this year and the family came down to support me (had nothing to do with vacationing at Disney I'm sure!)

Afterwards I said I would not be doing it again unless someone did it with me. My daughter signed up for the half and I'll be doing the Goofy, running the half with her and the Marathon on my own.

I ran this year, considering doing it again (or maybe Dopey) next year. Goofy requires less time off from work, so is more likely. I had a great time this year!

I am definitely in for Goofy or Dopey, I keep going back and forth... I think I just want one more shot at runDisney before I move on, and why just get three medals when I can have six?! But the money, time, repeated early mornings... I might stick with Goofy after all.

I'm in. We'll have our three kids with us, otherwise I'd consider the Dopey. I just can't imagine making four straight 5:30 a.m. starts. I'm good with two and am planning on having the time of my life. I definitely will not look for a PR in either race but will take my time and enjoy every mile!

We are contemplating another trip down to see the Mouse, and after some running friends said that they will be gong down for the Dopey, I am thinking of either Dopey of the 10th Goofy. I was envious of all the Dopey runners at our last trip where I ONLY did the marathon, and I did Goofy in '12. I'm not sure how I feel about four mornings of getting up at 3. When I did Goofy, I felt like I was in that movie Groundhog Day with the early bus rides and hanging out at the start. The extra $190 is another consideration. First I need to get through the Boston Marathon and then I will have seven days to decide....

The 10th Goofy was this year, so it sounds like you're in for Dopey. Besides, you don't have to get up at 3 four days in a row. You get to sleep in an extra 30-45 minutes for the 5k. :)

The 10th Goofy was this year, so it sounds like you're in for Dopey. Besides, you don't have to get up at 3 four days in a row. You get to sleep in an extra 30-45 minutes for the 5k. :)

Why does the Run Disney website say that 2016 is the 10th Anniversary of the Goofy?

Because the intern who updates their web site forgot to change that part. It's leftover from this year.

Well it's sad that the Goofy 2016 thread hasn't seen any action since March, so here goes... I stayed home from work on Tuesday just to make sure I get everyone in (me for the Goofy, and my son and daughter for the half). Glad I did it since the half sold out before 5 pm. I also learned a friend of mine is going to run the full, so I'm going to have company the whole weekend. (My only other disney race was the 2015 marathon, which I did solo). How is everyone else's Goofy plans shaping up?

I, personally am in a panic!! Curse DIS running blogs!! I have gotten swept up in the excitement and am registered for Goofy- never having run a marathon, and only having done the princess half last year- sound W&D this Novemebr. I have been in a panic ever since I het the "pay" button!!
Lol!!
Counting on you guys to get me through since you got me into it!!

Hello, I joined in 2007; spent a lot of time lurking and never posting. Anyway, after a 3 year hiatus from WISH, Disney Races, etc, I'm in for another Goofy…#7.

In for my third consecutive Goofy.
I was the first person to buy a beer after the half in 2014 and 2015, so I have a legacy to protect.

10920937_10205434518084257_7671343856957333163_n.jpg

Pro tip: Have your Magic Band with you. The craft beer cart accepts them.
Pro tip #2: Buy a beer & souvenir mug at the expo. Put it in your checked bag on race day. Enjoy 1/2 price refills after the race in the lot.

Pro tip #2: Buy a beer & souvenir mug at the expo. Put it in your checked bag on race day. Enjoy 1/2 price refills after the race in the lot.

YES. This is what I'm talking about.

ro tip #2: Buy a beer & souvenir mug at the expo. Put it in your checked bag on race day. Enjoy 1/2 price refills after the race in the lot.

Wait WHAT?!?!?! I've done more disney races then I can count. Where is the beer? I have to start hanging out at the finish more often.

During marathon weekend, the beer trucks are in the back left corner of the parking lot, right next to all the photo stops with the characters.

During marathon weekend, the beer trucks are in the back left corner of the parking lot, right next to all the photo stops with the characters.

That's good to know, because after the marathon, I will need #AllTheBeers.

That's good to know, because after the marathon, I will need #AllTheBeers.

IIRC, there were 4 craft beers available. That'll make your post-marathon legs feel better. Note that I'm not counting the swill (Bud Light, etc.) since that's not really beer. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter