Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Hi guys! Can anyone tell me about what time I should leave epcot for my 4:40pm BOG dinner reservation in MK? What is the expected travel time? How would I get there?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to read the thread but it's impossible to go so far back.....

My family and I have reservations for the All-Star Movies Resort. However, we have reservations at O'hana Breakfast at 7:35 the morning that we will be visiting Epcot. We were really hoping to be able to ride the monorail while visiting the World this time. However, we have never done so and was hoping that we could get some advice on the best way to get to the Polynesian and then to Epcot. We will have a car available, but are just wanting to experience the monorail. Thanks!
Several options....
1. drive to the TTC and park, then walk over to the Polynesian. It's a quick walk, under 10 mins. After 'Ohana, hop on the resort line, get off at the TTC. Then transfer to the Epcot monorail line. When you're done at Epcot, monorail back to TTC.
2. Take the MK bus from AS Movies. Then boat, or monorail, over to the Polynesian. Monorail, as above, to Epcot. After Epcot day, take the bus back to AS Movies.

I would recommend driving yourself to the TTC. That way, if there is an issue with the monorail (and there can be issues!!!), you can always just drive over to Epcot.

Hi guys! Can anyone tell me about what time I should leave epcot for my 4:40pm BOG dinner reservation in MK? What is the expected travel time? How would I get there?
I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I tried to read the thread but it's impossible to go so far back.....

A few options.
1. Leave Epcot by 3:00, take the monorail to the TTC, then transfer to the Express Monorail line, getting off at MK. You never know how long the waits will be so it's always better to leave plenty of time.
2. If you're in the back of Epcot (World Showcase), I would exit the park at the International Gateway, and walk over to Beach Club. Take the bus to MK from there. I would plan on leaving the park by 3:20ish. Again, you could get right on a MK bus at BC, or you could be waiting for 20 or so mins.

What time should I request a ride if I'm using Uber from ASMovies to Contemporary for a 7pm adr? Thank you.

I am looking for the best route from DS to MK
And from CBR to Poly
We do have one with limited mobility, who will be using a WC most of the time!
Thanks!

And from CBR to Poly
Thanks!

DS to MK - Bus to CR, then walk to MK

CBR to Poly - Bus to MK, monorail or boat to Poly

And from CBR to Poly
Thanks!

DS to MK - Bus to CR, then walk to MK
I would take bus to GF and then monorail to MK, to cut down on wheelchair pushing.
CBR to Poly - Bus to MK, monorail or boat to Poly
Boats to Poly don't take w/c, so it would have to be monorail.

I keep hearing that it's easier to drive to certain places, like AK or the water parks. But, do you have to pay to park if you are staying onsite? That would get pricey!!!

I keep hearing that it's easier to drive to certain places, like AK or the water parks. But, do you have to pay to park if you are staying onsite? That would get pricey!!!
Free parking at the theme parks for onsite guests. Water park parking is free for everyone.

Need help with driving from US to MK. Heard the monorail was under refurbishment, but what exactly does that mean?
This is the first in 12 years we are not staying on-site, so we have never driven, but Im told we need to park at T&TC. Isnt the monorail the only way to get to MK? And what time would it start running if MK opens at 9am?
Also can you tell me how much it costs to park there? Can you pay to park at Contempary and walk?
Thanks!

I will be park hopping from MK to DHS. We have a rental vehicle, is the quickest way to just drive from one to the other? monorail go between these?

Need help with driving from US to MK. Heard the monorail was under refurbishment, but what exactly does that mean?
This is the first in 12 years we are not staying on-site, so we have never driven, but Im told we need to park at T&TC. Isnt the monorail the only way to get to MK? And what time would it start running if MK opens at 9am?
Also can you tell me how much it costs to park there? Can you pay to park at Contemporary and walk?
Thanks!
MK parking is at the TTC, yes. From the TTC, you can take the monorail or a ferry to get to the MK entrance. I have no idea what the monorail being under refurbishment means, but I would imagine that if it were down completely for an extended period, disney would run buses between TTC and MK. Sorry, I can't help with the hours.

According to the Disney website, (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/ ) standard parking at the theme parks is $20 for one day's parking.

You can pay to valet park at the Contemporary, but I haven't had any luck with google finding out how much the valet costs for parking. I'm sure it's more than standard parking at the TTC.

I will be park hopping from MK to DHS. We have a rental vehicle, is the quickest way to just drive from one to the other? monorail go between these?
Are you staying on site? The quickest way to MK is to take a bus from your resort. The quickest way from MK to DHS would be to take a bus. But if you drove to MK, I doubt you want to find your way back just to pick up your car. Can you give us some additional details?

The monorail only goes between MK and Epcot. (I'm only talking in terms of what parks it goes to.)

Are you staying on site? The quickest way to MK is to take a bus from your resort. The quickest way from MK to DHS would be to take a bus. But if you drove to MK, I doubt you want to find your way back just to pick up your car. Can you give us some additional details?
we are staying offsite and driving to MK only for a day. Read someplace that the monorail is undergoing refurbishment, but cant find where I read the info.

we are staying offsite and driving to MK only for a day. Read someplace that the monorail is undergoing refurbishment, but cant find where I read the info.
Yes, the monorail is undergoing refurb. But, it's not down all the time, only at certain times of the day. And when it's not available, the ferry is always an option, as well as buses that will be provided.

However the monorail doesn't go directly to Hollywood Studios. It would be quicker to drive and park at Hollywood Studio after going to Magic Kingdom instead of taking monorail to Epcot and then take a boat or bus to Hollywood Studios. You could just bus from MK to DHS but then you have to bus it back to the car. I believe the parking is a one time charge so if you pay the 20 bucks to park at one park you can transfer the parking at a different park on the same day.

Last edited:
However the monorail doesn't go directly to Hollywood Studios. It would be quicker to drive and park at Hollywood Studio after going to Magic Kingdom. Then monorail to Epcot and then take a boat or bus to Hollywood Studios. You could just bus from MK to DHS but then you have to bus it back to the car. I believe the parking is a one time charge so if you pay the 20 bucks to park at one park you can transfer the parking at a different park on the same day.
I'm not sure who's question/post you are replying to. But, in any case..saying that 'the monorail doesn't go directly to Hollywood Studios' could give a false impression. It doesn't go anywhere near DHS!
The monorail has an express line, goes from TTC directly to MK, a resort line that stops at the TTC, Polynesian, GF, MK, CR, back to TTC. And a line to Epcot. When taking the Epcot line from MK, you have to get over to the TTC (via either the monorail or ferry) then transfer to the Epcot line. The Epcot line runs through Epcot, before stopping to discharge guests outside the gates to Epcot. There will be a bus to DHS from the front of Epcot, and a boat to DHS from the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!