Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Thanks for the suggestion to check the bus arrivals board and line first. We've just switched our reservation to Pop but I'm sure the same would apply there. I'm guessing the ride will cost a little more but if still only approx $10 it's still a good option.

Do you know that there is free non-stop bus transportation between parks? The only exception is between Epcot and MK: the Epcot Monorail runs between Epcot and TTC, and monorail or ferryboat between TTC & MK. You should plan on at least an hour going between parks, with walking to the stops, waiting for the bus, and going thru the bag check and turnstiles again.

If you prefer not to wait for the bus and would rather use Uber/Lyft, both services can pick up & drop off at all parks, except, again, MK. From MK, you need to get either to CR (walk or monorail) or TTC (monorail or ferryboat) to access the rideshare services. At TTC and the other 3 parks, Uber/Lyft pick up near the taxi stands. Except for very peak times (after fireworks), there are always drivers waiting in a designated remote corner of the parking lot, so your vehicle should arrive within 5 minutes.

There's also no direct bus service between DS and the parks, nor between the water parks and resorts or most parks. Uber/Lyft pick up near the entrances to both water parks, and behind HOB and the Christmas store at DS.

Yes I always use Disney's transportation but this is my first time staying off property for part of my stay (having little luck getting a room on site for the entire time), so I was wondering about those times when I am not staying on property but will be going to the Disney Parks.

We are going to be doig the Christmas party on a night when we are not staying on property. Would it be best to try to catch Uber/Lyft from TTC or walk to the Contemporary resort and catch it there?

Yes I always use Disney's transportation but this is my first time staying off property for part of my stay (having little luck getting a room on site for the entire time), so I was wondering about those times when I am not staying on property but will be going to the Disney Parks.

We are going to be doig the Christmas party on a night when we are not staying on property. Would it be best to try to catch Uber/Lyft from TTC or walk to the Contemporary resort and catch it there?
I understand now; you're asking about getting between the parks and you're off-site hotel. There's no advantage to taking Uber/Lyft to a resort rather than directly to the parks.

If you're leaving MK at the end of the night, you might want to walk to CR to avoid lines for the monorail and ferryboat to TTC. The wait time for Uber at CR shouldn't be more than a minute or 2 longer than at TTC. If there's no line to get to TTC, it's a toss-up.

Is there a shuttle bus from AKL Kidani Village over to the main Animal Kingdom lodge? We are going to take an Uber to AKL-Kidani to go to Sanaa for lunch on our resort day, and then pop over the main AKL building to see the Christmas tree before moving on to our next stop of the day. So just wondering if there was a local shuttle between the two buildings?

Is there a shuttle bus from AKL Kidani Village over to the main Animal Kingdom lodge? We are going to take an Uber to AKL-Kidani to go to Sanaa for lunch on our resort day, and then pop over the main AKL building to see the Christmas tree before moving on to our next stop of the day. So just wondering if there was a local shuttle between the two buildings?
Not sure if this is still true, but it used to be that at least some of the theme park buses stopped at KV first and then Jambo during the afternoon.

There was also a shuttle van between the 2 parts of the resort that was run by bell services. I don't know whether or not that was limited to hotel guests.

You can also walk. There's a path that runs along the front of the KV buildings and then by the parking lot to Jambo. It's about a half mile walk.

Yes, there is a shuttle. It's a van. It's also a short walk. And all park buses stop at Kidani before picking up at Jambo House, so hopping on any park bus would get you there. Disney Springs buses run opposite, so don't get on one of those.

Yes, there is a shuttle. It's a van. It's also a short walk. And all park buses stop at Kidani before picking up at Jambo House, so hopping on any park bus would get you there. Disney Springs buses run opposite, so don't get on one of those.
Check with the bus driver to be sure the bus will be stopping at Jambo. This is always a good idea when traveling between stops within any resort.

Is there a bus that goes from Disney Springs to the contemporary resort? If so, how often does the bus run? Also, how long of a walk is the walkway from CR to Magic Kingdom? (Wondering if it is too much of a walk for the grandparents on our trip) We are staying off site on this trip and I thought about visiting Disney Springs before heading over to MNSSHP. (We plan to uber to Disney springs) Thanks!

Is there a bus that goes from Disney Springs to the contemporary resort? If so, how often does the bus run? Also, how long of a walk is the walkway from CR to Magic Kingdom? (Wondering if it is too much of a walk for the grandparents on our trip) We are staying off site on this trip and I thought about visiting Disney Springs before heading over to MNSSHP. (We plan to uber to Disney springs) Thanks!
Yes every 20 minutes. Walk is 1/2 mi. https://goo.gl/maps/vYeMmxESJfM2

I see the first post mentions how to get from 1 park to another. My hotel shuttle says on the website they will drop me off at the disney transportation center? Is there a post that mentions how to get from there to each park?

I see the first post mentions how to get from 1 park to another. My hotel shuttle says on the website they will drop me off at the disney transportation center? Is there a post that mentions how to get from there to each park?
  • Either Monorail or Ferryboat to MK.
  • Monorail to Epcot.
  • For AK & DHS, first go to MK, Epcot, or Poly (see below), then transfer to bus.
  • For DS, walk or Resort Monorail to Poly, then transfer to bus.
Returning to TTC from DHS, AK, or DS, take the bus to Poly if you want to walk to TTC, or to MK, Contemporary, or Epcot to take the Monorail to TTC. Do not take the boat from DHS to Epcot, as it goes to a different location than the Monorail station.

Last edited:
  • Either Monorail or Ferryboat to MK.
  • Monorail to Epcot.
  • For AK & DHS, first go to MK, Epcot, or Poly (see below), then transfer to bus.
  • For DS, walk or Resort Monorail to Poly, then transfer to bus.
Returning to TTC from DHS, AK, or DS, take the bus to Poly if you want to walk to TTC, or to MK, Contemporary, or Epcot to take the Monorail to TTC. Do not take the boat from DHS to Epcot, as it goes to a different location than the Monorail station.

Thank you! Going in less than 2 weeks and that seemed to be the most difficult part of planning.

Hi, I'm looking for the easiest way to get from MK to the Winter/Summerland mini golf course. Thanks!

Hi, I'm looking for the easiest way to get from MK to the Winter/Summerland mini golf course. Thanks!
While BB is open: Bus to AK, then bus to BB.
While BB is closed: Bus to CSR, then bus to BB.

When BB is closed, buses run only to/from Epcot & CSR.

I'm thinking about Beach Club, but we have 2 elderly folks (78 &82) and while I know there is an option to walk, that is really not practical for our group. Anyone know how far the walk to Yacht club to catch a boat to EPCOT or Studios is? Any good estimates on travel times to the 4 parks with MINIMAL (say 300' or less) walking? THANKS!

I'm thinking about Beach Club, but we have 2 elderly folks (78 &82) and while I know there is an option to walk, that is really not practical for our group. Anyone know how far the walk to Yacht club to catch a boat to EPCOT or Studios is? Any good estimates on travel times to the 4 parks with MINIMAL (say 300' or less) walking? THANKS!

When I stayed at the Boardwalk last time, there was one time when the Friendships were not running due to lightning. So keep that in mind. They may be forced to walk if the boats aren't running, or to wait until the storm passes. The walk was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated, but you do have to walk uphill a bit. I'm a slow walker and it took me about 15 minutes to get to the Boardwalk. Beach club is closer. With elderly folks, I wouldn't attempt it unless the boats are down. You want them to save their energy for the parks. So take a slower pace and enjoy the boat ride.

How far the walk is to the boat launch will depend on where your room is. When I stayed at the Boardwalk, I requested a room close to transportation, and that was a huge help. With the Beach club though, if they put you close to the lobby/boat launch, you'll have a longer walk from Epcot if the boats are down.

Thanks so much Clare, I really had NOT considered that.. Do they not provide bus alternatives when the boats are down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!