Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Newbie Disney planner here! This will be my first trip so I am trying to get as memories in as I can. We really want to eat at Yachtsman Steakhouse but the only day it is fitting in with our other reservations is the day we arrive and the day we do Hollywood Studios. Is it at all possible to have a 6:50 dinner reservation, eat, and travel back to HS in time for Fantasmic? The other option would be our arrival day which we planned to be our Disney Springs day. The times were all between 7-8. How much travel time would that take? I want to be able to spend as much time at DS as I can since it will be the only day we go there. How much time is needed there? How late are the shops open? Thanks!
What are the showtimes for F! that evening?

Okay we'll be staying at POR in a couple of weeks which I know has boat service to Disney Springs. We have a 9:10am breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Does it make more sense to take a bus from POR to...the transportation center (whatever it's called) and monorail to the Contemporary? Or would we have to take a bus to MK and then figure out how to monorail to contemporary? OR- would it be easier/possible at that hour of the morning (I'm thinking 8 am or earlier) to boat to DS and take a bus from there to Contemporary?

(What I really want to do is Minnie Van from POR to Contemporary but I've heard the vans are harder to get early in the morning.)

Okay we'll be staying at POR in a couple of weeks which I know has boat service to Disney Springs. We have a 9:10am breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Does it make more sense to take a bus from POR to...the transportation center (whatever it's called) and monorail to the Contemporary? Or would we have to take a bus to MK and then figure out how to monorail to contemporary? OR- would it be easier/possible at that hour of the morning (I'm thinking 8 am or earlier) to boat to DS and take a bus from there to Contemporary?

(What I really want to do is Minnie Van from POR to Contemporary but I've heard the vans are harder to get early in the morning.)
  • The DS boats don't start until 10am.
  • The buses from DS to most resorts don't start until 11am.
  • There are no buses from the resorts to the Trans & Ticket Center (TTC).
  • You will need to take the bus to MK (buses start around 6:30-7am).
  • From MK, you can either walk to CR (about 1/2 mi.) or take the Resort Monorail.
  • If you want to be safe, start your trip at least 75 minutes before your reservation time.

There aren't any buses that go to or from the TTC - just take the bus to MK and walk to the Contemporary.

Online it says 8:30. That is the only time showing.
its gonna be tough.

You either walk about 15-20 minutes each way

Take the Friendship boat about 15 minutes each way

Eat dinner about 1 hour maybe 1hour 15

with all that said I would say you have at least 1hour of travel time that includes waiting for the launch plus 1 hour + for dinner

I would say that you would be cutting real close for F! and would probably be seated on the sides for the show but if you are ok with that then go for it

If it were me, I would take the bus to MK...be at the bus stop by 8:00, no later. Then off the bus at MK, and walk to the CR..takes under 10 mins. When you get off the bus, stay to the right. Those going to the park will go straight or to the left. You want to follow the sidewalk that runs beneath the monorail line. This puts the bus area on your right, MK on your left. Walk to the traffic lights, cross, and you're at the CR.

We're staying at the Polynesian and have reservations for Bon Voyage on our resort day (so we can't take the monorail to Epcot and then cut through the park). We won't have a car with us and have two children in car seats. I know Minnie Vans are an option for us, but what are the best ways for us to get there on Disney transportation, and how long will it take approximately? Thanks!

We're staying at the Polynesian and have reservations for Bon Voyage on our resort day (so we can't take the monorail to Epcot and then cut through the park). We won't have a car with us and have two children in car seats. I know Minnie Vans are an option for us, but what are the best ways for us to get there on Disney transportation, and how long will it take approximately? Thanks!
Take the bus to DHS and then walk or take the boat. I would allow 75 minutes.

I would use the Minnie van, especially since they can accommodate 2 car seats.

What is the best way to get from HS to TTC? Would it be best to take a bus from HS to MK, or to one of the monorail resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter