Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Thanks, about how long does that trip take?
I suppose it could be about 25 - 30 minutes. We haven't ever gone the whole distance. We usually get on at the Yacht Club and then head to the Studios or do the return trip. It's really not far to walk to Epcot from the Beach Club (where we would be). I'm sure someone else will be able to give you a more informed answer.

Mrs TT

It’s roughly 25 minutes to complete the trip and the boat is air conditioned. From HS, we’ll get off at Yacht/ Beach Club and walk to Epcot because it’s quicker, unless it’s very hor or our feet need the rest.

I have 8:35 BOG reservations and I hear the bus doesn’t arrive until 45 minutes before the park opens at 9. Will I make my reservation or should I uber it?

I have 8:35 BOG reservations and I hear the bus doesn’t arrive until 45 minutes before the park opens at 9. Will I make my reservation or should I uber it?
The buses start running at 6:30am. They are less frequent that early in the morning, so you might want to check the times (in the app or on the board at the bus stop) and then decide to call an Uber.

I have a Keys to the Kingdom tour in late September @ 8am. What would you suggest is the fastest and most reliable way of getting to MK? Do the buses run that early?

Hi all! I’d appreciate some advice. I have one solo day at the World coming up on 9/16 (I’m flying in a day early for a work trip in Tampa). I will have a rental car and my plan is to drive to DS with arrival around 10:30 am, assuming my flight is on time. I am hanging out at DS until around 3:15 and then I need to get to MK for my first MNSSHP! I’m planning on leaving MK around 11 pm or so since I have a work training class to attend the next morning in Tampa and I have to drive back there that night.

So my question is... what would be best?

Option 1 - leave the car at DS, take a bus to the Contemporary and walk over to MK, and then in the evening walk back to the Contemporary and catch a bus back to DS to get the car, or...

Option 2 - drive from DS to MK parking, take the ferry or monorail from the TTC to MK, and then the ferry or monorail back to TTC and the car.

I’m torn between the two... not sure what would be fastest or better that late at night. Any thoughts?

We are staying at POR and have a breakfast reservation at Cape May at Beach Club at 10:15am. What is the easiest way to get there? Should we just Uber/Lyft?

This is our off day, so we won't be coming or going to any parks.

We are staying at POR and have a breakfast reservation at Cape May at Beach Club at 10:15am. What is the easiest way to get there? Should we just Uber/Lyft?

This is our off day, so we won't be coming or going to any parks.
Easiest would be Uber. You could take a bus to Hollywood Studios and then take the boat to the Beach Club if you don’t want to pay for an Uber.

Yes you’ll always have to go through security when park hopping with maybe one exception; taking the monorail from Epcot to Magic Kingdom

So this scenario is: having been through security when entering Epcot (say, at the IG):
exit front of Epcot (still in secure area)--> straight up to monorail, monorail to TTC--> transfer to MK express monorail, exit monorail at MK into the secured area and enter park. Correct?

And this would be faster or slower than Lyft/Minnie vans, do you think?

Haven't been to MK since they moved the security!
Thank you!

So this scenario is: having been through security when entering Epcot (say, at the IG):
exit front of Epcot (still in secure area)--> straight up to monorail, monorail to TTC--> transfer to MK express monorail, exit monorail at MK into the secured area and enter park. Correct?

And this would be faster or slower than Lyft/Minnie vans, do you think?

Haven't been to MK since they moved the security!
Thank you!
A Minnie Van would be faster since they can drop you at the bus depot.

Can you take an ECV on a boat from Ft Wilderness (brunch at Trail's End) to MK? The TTC? or both... thanks :)

Here are my plans, please give any advice or suggestions.

Fri before Thanksgiving week.
Doing MK until 2pm. Going to HDD (4pm ressie) Plan to take boat over arriving early to be safe. After show, plan to rent golf cart and tour the lights at the campsites. Then we need to get back to BWV. Thoughts? Minnie Van, Lyft/Uber, Disney Trans...

Thanks in advance

Next Monday night, we'll be coming from our off-site hotel for a 7:45 PM dinner reservation at Monsieur Paul's. (Illuminations will be at 9, although we don't expect to see the show, just the crowds.) Would taking Lyft to/from the Beach Club be the easiest way to get in and out? (And is there a checkpoint where we'd be interrogated about why we're going to the Beach Club?)

I'll be watching HEA from the viewing platform at the Contemporary after dinner at California Grill. I need to get back to POFQ. I could:
  • uber from Contemporary to POFQ
  • walk to MK and bus to POFQ
  • take a bus to Disney Springs and boat to POFQ.
What do you recommend? I'm a direct kinda person so I'd usually think uber to POFQ, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get one right after the show ends, since so many others are likely to want one too.

POP to MK for Magic Behind OUr Steam Trains Tour. Tour starts at 7:30 a.m. We will have an ECV. What time should we be at bus stop?

Also, we have an ADR at Wilderness Lodge. What is best way back to Pop with ECV?

Here are my plans, please give any advice or suggestions.

Fri before Thanksgiving week.
Doing MK until 2pm. Going to HDD (4pm ressie) Plan to take boat over arriving early to be safe. After show, plan to rent golf cart and tour the lights at the campsites. Then we need to get back to BWV. Thoughts? Minnie Van, Lyft/Uber, Disney Trans...

Thanks in advance
If it hasn't moved in the last couple of years, the golf cart rental is at the Outpost, which is where the park buses and Uber/Lyft pick up. So if DHS is still open, you could take the bus there and then walk or take the boat to BW. Or you could just summon a Lyft or Uber.

If DHS and AK are both closed, you'd have to take a bus to DS, or just Lyft/Uber.

I'll be watching HEA from the viewing platform at the Contemporary after dinner at California Grill. I need to get back to POFQ. I could:
  • uber from Contemporary to POFQ
  • walk to MK and bus to POFQ
  • take a bus to Disney Springs and boat to POFQ.
What do you recommend? I'm a direct kinda person so I'd usually think uber to POFQ, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get one right after the show ends, since so many others are likely to want one too.
You should be able to get an Uber, but it will probably cost more than usual.

Walking to MK is an option, but prepare for crowds in the bus area.

Boats from DS close around 11pm,and may get filled up in the evening. You can get a bus from DS to any resort until 2am.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!