***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Excited to be joining you all in january!

We are doing 1/11 - 1/16 - one night at WL, 3 at the dolphin using points, and one night at CR!

Excited to be joining you all in january!

We are doing 1/11 - 1/16 - one night at WL, 3 at the dolphin using points, and one night at CR!

Yay and :welcome: to the January crew.

I have added your trip to the roll call and I hope you have a fun with all your resort hopping exciting.

I would say if you haven't seen Tim Trackers recent post
showing the new rooms and the new bar/snack stop over at the Dolphin it's worth a look; made me super excited for my next trip.

Also for anyone else who's in the Boardwalk area looking for something new to do, as I'm thinking of trying one of the smokey cocktails lol :thumbsup2

Yay and :welcome: to the January crew.

I have added your trip to the roll call and I hope you have a fun with all your resort hopping exciting.

I would say if you haven't seen Tim Trackers recent post
showing the new rooms and the new bar/snack stop over at the Dolphin it's worth a look; made me super excited for my next trip.

Also for anyone else who's in the Boardwalk area looking for something new to do, as I'm thinking of trying one of the smokey cocktails lol :thumbsup2

I did!! Such an exciting addition to try out!

Yay!! Finally booked our trip (had the flights booked months ago, lol, was waiting for January discounts to come out!)!!

Arriving in FL from PA 1/23, visiting the hubs’ best friend/family until 1/26, then driving up to DW and staying at CBR 1/26 to 1/30! We were just in Disneyland this past summer so this is a shorter trip than usual for us, but we’re so excited to be back in our happy place, no matter the length of stay!!

Have all my dining book and can’t wait to book our fastpasses...I love planning these trips!!

It's official. I am going on a solo trip from January 6th - January 12th!

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'll be staying at All-Star Music.

Yay so glad you decided to book your trip - I have added it to the roll call and I hope you have a fantastic holiday :thumbsup2

Yay!! Finally booked our trip (had the flights booked months ago, lol, was waiting for January discounts to come out!)!!

Arriving in FL from PA 1/23, visiting the hubs’ best friend/family until 1/26, then driving up to DW and staying at CBR 1/26 to 1/30! We were just in Disneyland this past summer so this is a shorter trip than usual for us, but we’re so excited to be back in our happy place, no matter the length of stay!!

Have all my dining book and can’t wait to book our fastpasses...I love planning these trips!!

Yay on your trip and yay on your Dining - I have added it to the roll call and I hope you have an amazing holiday :thumbsup2

Also know what you mean about the FP, Can't wait for my window to open as I will be on it "Like a car bonnet" (little UK phrase for you all) for FOP as a friend of mine just got back and couldn't stop raving about it.. So excited.

Yay, just booked EMM for me and my daughter on our MK day. My husband, MIL and younger daughter will sleep in and meet us at rope drop. My oldest and I both love PP and Mine Train and I'm so excited to be able to do those rides til we drop. The rest of our group won't appreciate paying extra to wake up early. And my youngest won't like Mine Train.

We are booked AoA Nemo suites for Jan 28 (DD's 5th bday) a Feb 1. First visit for my kiddos. I'm doing a happy dance today because I FINALLY nabbed my last dining on my ADR wish list! Now I can stop obsessively checking for cancellations and focus on my plans and FP+.

We’re booked jan 27-feb 4 at pop! My husbands first trip and we are very excited. We just bought a house and thought we’d need to cancel the trip, but a few changes (staying value, skipping park hoppers and only doing 1-2 TS) and we’ll be able to make it work. Interesting how almost losing a trip changes the priorities. I wanted to do the after hours event, dining plan, and stay moderate. Now I’m just thrilled to be going!

We are booked AoA Nemo suites for Jan 28 (DD's 5th bday) a Feb 1. First visit for my kiddos. I'm doing a happy dance today because I FINALLY nabbed my last dining on my ADR wish list! Now I can stop obsessively checking for cancellations and focus on my plans and FP+.

Yay congratulation on booking your trip and wow first Kiddo trip - they are going to be so excited and I hope you all have a fabulous time. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I have added your trip to the role call, also very jelly about your ADRs :thumbsup2 - as I really want to change my BOG, no luck so far.

I'm going to keep checking till my FP window opens then if I don't have it sorted I will admit defeat and keep the one I've got - (lol such a first world problem - my reservation is at an inconvenient time :sad: woe is me :rotfl:)

I need to start planning ADR's for my Daughter's Trip. I'm really trying to surprise her so I'm just going by what I know about her which is she likes Breakfast, Seafood and Fish, Sushi, Tea and Fancy Dinners. She's not big on the Character stuff or Photos so I'm not looking to a lot of those and I know since we are staying at Poly she will want to hang out there as well.

So far I have the following I would like to do:

Cape May Cafe Buffet
BOG
Grand Floridian Tea Service
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Kona Cafe
Morimoto Asia

Of course can't find a BOG Dinner but I can't seem to reserve the Afternoon Tea Service at the Grand Floridian either which I really would like to take her to :worried:.

Any other suggestions anyone has for January for 1 adult and 1 16 year old? We have 3 park days and roughly 2 days just to hang out.

We’re booked jan 27-feb 4 at pop! My husbands first trip and we are very excited. We just bought a house and thought we’d need to cancel the trip, but a few changes (staying value, skipping park hoppers and only doing 1-2 TS) and we’ll be able to make it work. Interesting how almost losing a trip changes the priorities. I wanted to do the after hours event, dining plan, and stay moderate. Now I’m just thrilled to be going!

Well congrats on buying a new home and double congrats on getting in a Disney trip - I have added the upcoming trip to the roll call.

I'm sure your DH is going to love it, it's great seeing Disney from a first timers point of view :thumbsup2

SO exciting!! :) We are going the same dates, and usually stay at Pop, but this is our one and only chance to stay at a family suite at AoA (before DD2 turns 3 and knocks us over the limit! haha ;) 5 kiddos makes it hard to find a place to stay)! I hope you both have an amazing time, and congratulations on the new house!<3 new house And going Home! :D

Just booked 1/14-1/20 at POP, hoping for a refurbished room. My wife and I have been to WDW about 6-7 times in the past, but January 2018 will be the first time for our 4 year old!

Totally excited to see him "experience the magic" for the first time, but crazily cramming to learn all about the logistical stuff that is new since our last visit: ADRs, Magicbands, MDE, Fastpass+. Enthused to check out the Epcot Int'l Festival of the Arts Festival too!

Is it too early to buy different magic bands? I know they say they are good for about 1year but sometimes things happen. Would I be able to get my money back or exchange them if i buy them now and they are not working come January?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter