***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I need to start planning ADR's for my Daughter's Trip. I'm really trying to surprise her so I'm just going by what I know about her which is she likes Breakfast, Seafood and Fish, Sushi, Tea and Fancy Dinners. She's not big on the Character stuff or Photos so I'm not looking to a lot of those and I know since we are staying at Poly she will want to hang out there as well.

So far I have the following I would like to do:

Cape May Cafe Buffet
BOG
Grand Floridian Tea Service
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Kona Cafe
Morimoto Asia

Of course can't find a BOG Dinner but I can't seem to reserve the Afternoon Tea Service at the Grand Floridian either which I really would like to take her to :worried:.

Any other suggestions anyone has for January for 1 adult and 1 16 year old? We have 3 park days and roughly 2 days just to hang out.

I have had excellent luck recently snagging ADRs via Mouse Dining. I've used the Touring Plans reservation finder, too, but much prefer Mouse Dining. You can use either to try for a BOG reservation. As for the tea, I don't think you can use a reservation finder, but I would keep calling WDW dining daily. Hopefully a spot will open up. If you can't get one at the GF, I have heard that the Waldorf Astoria puts on a nice tea. Even if you don't have your own car during your trip, you could use Uber or Lyft.

Just booked 1/14-1/20 at POP, hoping for a refurbished room. My wife and I have been to WDW about 6-7 times in the past, but January 2018 will be the first time for our 4 year old!

Totally excited to see him "experience the magic" for the first time, but crazily cramming to learn all about the logistical stuff that is new since our last visit: ADRs, Magicbands, MDE, Fastpass+. Enthused to check out the Epcot Int'l Festival of the Arts Festival too!

Yay on your trip, I'm going with my 4 year old too (although he's been a couple of times before) your little one is going to love it :tigger: and you're all are going to have so much fun.

Also is never to early (in my opinion, I started in Jan :rotfl:) to start planing so download your MDE and get yourself going as it's only around 33 days (really bad at math so this could be wrong) until your FP window opens and you can snag all your favourite rides :thumbsup2

I have added your trip to the roll call and @tinabina919 I've updated yours as well

I have had excellent luck recently snagging ADRs via Mouse Dining. I've used the Touring Plans reservation finder, too, but much prefer Mouse Dining. You can use either to try for a BOG reservation. As for the tea, I don't think you can use a reservation finder, but I would keep calling WDW dining daily. Hopefully a spot will open up. If you can't get one at the GF, I have heard that the Waldorf Astoria puts on a nice tea. Even if you don't have your own car during your trip, you could use Uber or Lyft.
Surprised the moderator hasn't ********* out Mouse Dining. They did that to me on another post. I also had a great experience with them over touring plans and found my last ADR.

I am going from January 19 th to February 2nd and it will be a split stay at AS Music and Port Orleans French Quarter.
This is my first stay at POFQ so that is exciting and I am most looking forward to the boat transportation to Disney Springs. Wish it could all be at a moderate but the Canadian exchange rate is a big factor in choosing a resort.
I always say a day at Disney in January is much better than a day in my wintery province.
See ya soon Mickey!

Last edited:
An amazing flight deal popped up so suddenly we are going to WDW Jan 14-24! Will be staying at Pop for part of it. Surprising the kids on Christmas morning. Last year we surprised them that we were going to DL 2 days later.

An amazing flight deal popped up so suddenly we are going to WDW Jan 14-24! Will be staying at Pop for part of it. Surprising the kids on Christmas morning. Last year we surprised them that we were going to DL 2 days later.

What a coincidence - we have the same itinerary! pixiedust:

Lol - those who are observant will notice several of our recent trip dates coincide. :rolleyes1

DD's birthday is January 9, so we hope to surprise her then. This whole trip was planned in less than 60 minutes, all based on an amazing deal on flights!

Shhhh . . . Don't tell anyone but I won a trip to Disney World! That's the good news. The bad news is that I still don't have my flight info and I'm afraid I'm not getting it until after FP windows open up. I did request the earliest available flights (Houston to MCO) so I'm hoping we should be IN the MK around 3:00 pm. (We're staying at the Grand Floridian.) Travelers - two middle aged sisters and one 13 yo boy, going on 21. Here's my plan so far:

MONDAY 1/8 - Arrival Day
Go straight to MK, may or may not catch the 3pm parade that is now at 2pm
FP #1 - Splash / Thunder / Space
FP #2 - Haunted House / Tea Cups / SDMT
Dinner
8:00 pm - Happily Ever After

TUESDAY 1/9 – EPCOT (9am – 11pm)
QS breakfast
Test Track / Soarin'
FP Tier 2 - Spaceship Earth and ???
Pixar Movies (My son LOVES Pixar shorts)
QS lunch
FP Tier 1 - Frozen Ever After
Tour World Showcase
Dinner
9pm - Illuminations
9pm - 11pm – EMH @ EPCOT

WEDNESDAY 1/10 – MK / HS
Breakfast
AM - Magic Kingdom
Lunch
dinner
PM - Hollywood Studios
FP Group A - Fantasmic
FP Group B - Star Tours / Indiana Jones (No one in group rides ToT or the roller coaster)
7:00 pm – Fantasmic!
8:00 pm – Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular (maybe)

THURSDAY 1/11 - AK (9am - 8pm)
QS breakfast
FP Tier 1 - FOP
FP Tier 2 - ????? and RoL
lunch @ Sanaa
QS dinner
6:30 pm – Rivers of Light
back to hotel for drinks on the beach and watch the electrical water pageant

FRIDAY 1/12 - Departure Day
9:00 am - breakfast @ Grand Floridian Cafe

What are you specifically wanting help with/advice for? Dining? FP choices? :)

Definitely need (1) QS dining recs at MK; (2) how FP would work on Wednesday since we are park hopping from MK to HS; (3) recs on which FP to get for Tier 2 in AK. I have been twice to DL since 2013 but I have not been to WDW since 2010. I swear they have completely reinvented the parks and I feel like a newbie all over again!

Definitely need (1) QS dining recs at MK; (2) how FP would work on Wednesday since we are park hopping from MK to HS; (3) recs on which FP to get for Tier 2 in AK. I have been twice to DL since 2013 but I have not been to WDW since 2010. I swear they have completely reinvented the parks and I feel like a newbie all over again!

1) BOG is a reserved quick service but it's awesome for lunch. Pecos Bill is good, too. I don't eat QS usually but those are the two I've had good experiences at.
2) You can only make advanced FP in one park per day. My advice is to pick the rides in one park that are the busiest.
3) I like Kilimanjaro Safaris and Kali River Rapids. It might be too cold to ride Kali River Rapids but you never know!

Feel free to PM me with any questions! Hope this helped!

Sorry people especially @TheCakePopLady @Toad_Passenger @amandaleigh2 and @TRS19 I have now added you all to the roll call.

Yay lots of January Peep!!

If I have still missed anyone off who is ready to go on the roll call please let me know, as I want to make sure that's as up to date as possible just in case any Disser want to meet up.

People do meetups?!!!! Now I need to go back to the roll call thread and see if anyone is there at the same time I am!

I just got back last night from an awesome week long trip!
I won't be able to take vacations during the summer or school breaks anymore because of my job.
DH says I should do a solo trip and I'm thinking about January. What would be the better weeks?

I chose the second week in January. The Christmas crowds are gone, the marathon is over but the long MLK weekend crowds are not there yet.

In January, do you need a FP for ROL? What is everyone’s plan to see that? The dining package is out of our budget.

In January, do you need a FP for ROL? What is everyone’s plan to see that? The dining package is out of our budget.

Wondering the same - we are doing epcot during the day and heading to AK at night for the show and maybe dinner - so unless we can get a day-of FP, we'd have to just walk up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter