***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

@BeautyMom I have added you to the roll call and glad you've got your Jan trip sorted and I'm sure that the CBR construction work won't be too disruptive :)

Have to say very impress with the planning, and I will keep my fingers crossed you get all your ADR!!

Also I'm loving all surprises for the Kiddies as the first time I ever went to WDW (way back in the distant past) I got it as a Christmas Present and it was so exciting :thumbsup2

Just booked for Jan 19-28 at Pop Century!!!

And I've already changed our plans to Jan 20-28. The flight times just worked out better due to work/school.

Planning on 6 park days and 1 off day at the hotel/Disney Springs. We've done 6 park days the last two trips as well with 3 days at MK and 1 each at the other parks. My guess is that we'll do it the same way this year, but I may have to discuss that with the family and see what their thoughts are. We don't do (haven't done in the past) park hoppers as I guess I feel like they're plenty to do at each of the parks for a day (or more) so bouncing around doesn't feel like it's worth it to me.

Haven't looked at which ADRs we'll book yet, but we don't have too much time before the window opens so I'll have to start thinking about that. We'll probably do one each day I would guess.

@rich1516 I have added you to the roll call yay

We don't do (haven't done in the past) park hoppers as I guess I feel like they're plenty to do at each of the parks for a day (or more) so bouncing around doesn't feel like it's worth it to me.

The parks definitely have enough to do, but if you get your ticket with your holiday in the UK (instead of getting them at the gate) they automatically come with park Hopper.

So apart from my first couple of trips think we've always done park hopping, So now for me it would seem really weird if I didn't.

@rich1516 I have added you to the roll call yay

The parks definitely have enough to do, but if you get your ticket with your holiday in the UK (instead of getting them at the gate) they automatically come with park Hopper.

So apart from my first couple of trips think we've always done park hopping, So now for me it would seem really weird if I didn't.

Oh that's interesting, I didn't realize the park hopper was included there. I guess if it was automatic and didn't cost extra, we'd use it some. Like after a day at HS, I wouldn't mind hitting MK for some late night rides and EMH.

Hubby and I will be there Jan 30-Feb 3, staying at BWV. We stayed there last jan for the first time and fell in love with the Boardwalk. Cant wait!

Do I need more posts before I can be tagged/added? I need to work on that...I'll start thinking of some questions to ask, haha

@tinabina919 I have added your trip to the Roll Call as well!!

On a side note I have been thinking more about my ADRs and I am thinking of doing Prime Time 50s Cafe as I heard the staff will tell you off if you don't behave; might be just the thing for my FIL as if he starts acting up they can keep him in line lol :rotfl:

@tinabina919 I have added your trip to the Roll Call as well!!

On a side note I have been thinking more about my ADRs and I am thinking of doing Prime Time 50s Cafe as I heard the staff will tell you off if you don't behave; might be just the thing for my FIL as if he starts acting up they can keep him in line lol :rotfl:

Lol!

That's going to be one of our ADRs, I think.

Do you guys do the dining plan? I can't decide if we want to do the DDP or the DxDP :sad:

Do you guys do the dining plan? I can't decide if we want to do the DDP or the DxDP :sad:
I'm staying at the Dolphin so can't get it :sad1:

Although because we're hiring a car, as well as Dining at Disney we plan to venture out a couple of nights and check out what Orlando has to offer - Well probably mainly, Cross Road, Celebrations and International Drive areas as I know how to get there lol :rotfl:

And I've already changed our plans to Jan 20-28. The flight times just worked out better due to work/school.

Our flight times stunk this year. We were flying in on the 20th and the only Non-stop was at 12:45 so we switched to flying in Friday night the 19th...only going to disney would make us book an extra night hotel just to have a full "first day" HAHA

So today I start my "Disney Diet". I have to lose a few pounds before this trip (and for my life in general, but this trip is going to be my motivation for now). I don't want to get to Disney, my first time, and be miserable walking around, feeling self conscious with the pictures, etc. Soooo here I go! I can do this! My goal is to lose 20 pounds for this trip.

Finally decided yesterday on exact dates.

1/23-1/30 - POR

6 days at Disney and 1 Day park hopper at Universal, just so the kids can see Harry Potter World.

Our girls have been one time when they were 4 and 6 and don't remember a whole lot, so now that they are 8 and 10, this will be a much more fun trip. Any tips or tricks are appreciated for my girls...I want this to be one to remember. My 8 year old and myself have a birthday in February so we are going to celebrate there because they will be in school during that time....I don't think anyone will care that we are celebrating one month early =)

Itinerary:

2 days - MK
2 days - Epocot
1 day - AK and HS

Can't wait....now gotta figure out where we are going to eat!!!!

1/23-1/30 - POR

6 days at Disney and 1 Day park hopper at Universal, just so the kids can see Harry Potter World.

Our girls have been one time when they were 4 and 6 and don't remember a whole lot, so now that they are 8 and 10, this will be a much more fun trip. Any tips or tricks are appreciated for my girls...I want this to be one to remember. My 8 year old and myself have a birthday in February so we are going to celebrate there because they will be in school during that time....I don't think anyone will care that we are celebrating one month early =)

Itinerary:

2 days - MK
2 days - Epocot
1 day - AK and HS

Can't wait....now gotta figure out where we are going to eat!!!!

I also plan on 1 day at Universal with my 10 year old daughter. Her friend did that in the spring. Friend's mom said 1 day was plenty of time to see all the HP stuff. I think she said they were done by 5pm. Can't remember how they got there though - cab, Uber or if they had a car.

1/23-1/30 - POR

yay - I have added you to the roll call.

We're also planning on a day Hopper day at Universal, want to show the inlaws all the cool HP stuff and get a duff beer lol.

Your girls will love it .

Also had the inlaws visit these past couple of days and finally got them on to My Disney Experience - taking them through it was an experience (think I've just recovered)

I did eventually get them to link to my account and have told them they don't need to do anything else and if they have a question just to ask and to please not to try to do anything in the app.

I know I sound harsh but I've already had to spend 30 mins on the phone to Disney as my FIL managed to have a problem with his account within only a few minute of setting him up, but the lovely lady on the phone told me to have a magical day so made it all better lol

Just thought I'd post this,

Although not sure how many of you are planning on going to a water park in January,

I might, if we get a really hot day, but I saw on the "Major WDW Projects Completion Dates Thread" that:

Blizzard Beach is going to be closed until 6th January
Typhoon Lagoon will be closed from the 7th January until 17th March

I finally booked!!! My sister and I are going to stay in Pop C. from the 20th until the 3rd of Feb. So excited!!! And with a little luck my other sister will be able to come too!:tigger:

We're doing shopping for a couple of days, 2 days at Universal and the rest in WDW! We've never been so we want to do everything (I know we cant, but still!)

I've heard that a tip for planning the ADR's is to book the "Hard ones first" - the problem is, I've never been, so I dont know which ones are harder to get than others!! Could someone help me out with a list or some names?

:tink:Thanks!!

Yay @MelinaYasmin I have added you to the roll call :welcome: - as for the ADR hardest for me last time was BOG for Dinner - I had to check everyday for 2 months until I got booked in,

So this time I'm going to try again I'm hoping as January it a bit easier but fingers crossed.

Also @TheCakePopLady well done you keep it up!! :dogdance:

I will be trying to diet myself but I have few days off for fun next week so will be starting on the 10th July

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!