***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

finally finished our family's sweatshirts (first time I've had to make those) but still dragging on the tshirts. "tomorrow' hahaha we have SO much to finalize but it should make the last few days go quickly! Very glad we don't have park days planned for Sat/Sun with the probowl crowds! Hopefully MCO and ME are on point ;)

Leaving tomorrow morning! I just checked the forecast and the temps are looking a bit better than they were last night. Here's hoping they keep going up and we get to make a couple visits to the pool!

Leaving tomorrow morning! I just checked the forecast and the temps are looking a bit better than they were last night. Here's hoping they keep going up and we get to make a couple visits to the pool!

Nooooo!!! lol mid-low 70s is perfect! 80s it starts to become miserable. nothing like riding a rollercoaster and having the person in front of you spray you with their sweat... Ew... lol

YAY!! We leave tomorrow evening and my son CANNOT wait for the pool! He is a fish and we live in Nova Scotia so his swimming season is short.

Nooooo!!! lol mid-low 70s is perfect! 80s it starts to become miserable. nothing like riding a rollercoaster and having the person in front of you spray you with their sweat... Ew... lol

Ha! That's a good point! I'll take low 70s any day, but my 6 year old will not be thrilled if it gets into the low 50s/high 40s at night!

We leave tomorrow morning as well! We had a ton of freezing rain here in Ottawa so I'm really glad we weren't leaving today. I think our flight would have been cancelled for sure! I've been scoping out the weather for the last 2 weeks. Anything warmer than here would be great so mid 70's will be fantastic. We're hoping to be in the pool by late afternoon tomorrow. :)

I'm so bummed that Touring Plans seems to have under estimated the crowd levels recently. I was really hoping for low crowds for our first trip.
Me too. They have been quite a bit off all week. 4's and 5's up to 7!

Times are a'changin'

I'm so bummed that Touring Plans seems to have under estimated the crowd levels recently. I was really hoping for low crowds for our first trip.

Me too. They have been quite a bit off all week. 4's and 5's up to 7!

Times are a'changin'

I had hoped for low crowds too. We went in January 2012 and it was great! But unfortunately the slow times at Disney almost do not exist anymore.

We went in April 2016 and it was predicted 4s and 5s. Every day was 9s and 8s. Just go with reasonable expectations and a good touring plan, you will be fine.

Anyone know the answer to this? I'm curious too.

Well this is encouraging to hear! Thanks for reporting!

What crane??
Castle at MK has no crane around it as far as I remember from visiting on Sunday.

Crowd level wasn't too bad. I expected lower, but in general quite happy with the crowd level. I found Epcot the busiest, (they were giving out something to the Annual pass holders, so that may have contributed to the crowd level), AK very low and MK pretty good.
Fyi, I am comparing it to mid - end of Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!