*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Depends what you enjoy. I really enjoy the workshops but they are not for everyone. We should be notified what is available the next month or so. Then they have a wide variety of exhibits such as living statues, put yourself in the picture, a wide variety of snack food which is great if you are on the dining plan since each one counts as a snack even if they are $10 to $12 if paying for them. Check information on last years information on the food blog and you'll get the idea.
Good info, thank you! The festival could make up for the ride closures. I’ll check out the food blog now..we’ll have snack credits ready to spend!

Just read on BlogMickey that Splash will be closed Jan 6-Feb 27. I am a strong advocate for "a ride being down won't ruin your vacation," but this one hurts lol.

Just read on BlogMickey that Splash will be closed Jan 6-Feb 27. I am a strong advocate for "a ride being down won't ruin your vacation," but this one hurts lol.
Aw that's a shame 😔, I've yet to try it. I'll be in mk on my last day when it should be open so might try it then but wouldn't want to get too wet as will have a flight to catch. Might make a FP and deicide on day.

I'm also one for not letting it ruin my holiday, we are going to dlp in a few wks and 2 of their main rides will be closed too but I know we will still have a fab time 😁

Aw that's a shame 😔, I've yet to try it. I'll be in mk on my last day when it should be open so might try it then but wouldn't want to get too wet as will have a flight to catch. Might make a FP and deicide on day.

I'm also one for not letting it ruin my holiday, we are going to dlp in a few wks and 2 of their main rides will be closed too but I know we will still have a fab time 😁

You should absolutely try it! It is one of our favorite and you really don't get too terribly wet. Just make sure you sit on the left when you are seated. There is a waterfall at the end that you sometimes get stopped at for a while and that is where the big time wetness happens lol.

Have an amazing time! It is one of the great things about Disney, there is so much to do that a ride or two being down just means you get an opportunity to do other things; or things that are new to you that there is never time for cause you are riding the big/favorite ride 100 times!

For Jan/2020 we have Splash Mountain down...Test Track down...
Just giving up of one day in Walt Disney and adding one more day at Universal´s Endless Hotel.
Big mistake of Disney close two of the bests rides at same time. Epcot in Jan.2020 will be with a lot of construction already that brings a lot of disadvantages for guests, and the company closes one of the best rides? What should I do in Epcot with a 4 years boy? Walking, Eating and breathing dust all day?!?

Fingers crossed they don't close any more. Those are two of our must-do's. A couple more and we'll be cancelling to reschedule.

Oh no! My son was already ready to boycott when TT was announced...Splash going down = mutiny! Cancelling isn't an option in our case, but agree that any more and it might warrant a day or two at Universal.

I know there's no way to know FOR SURE, but typically when do they stop announcing additional rehab closures?

Also, is there ANY chance that MMRR's "February Open" rumor means February 1? We're only there through the 2nd.

Splash almost always has a refurb in Jan/Feb, just never know for sure when. It stinks but it does make sense to close it during the chilliest months!

I was about to post the same thing. We have been going Jan/Feb for the past few years and Splash has always been closed. I don't mind since it's not my fav with that drop, but it does make sense with how cold it can get.

Just bought by MK DAH for 1/20 and was about to buy my park tickets too but got to thinking...what are the possibilities of the Mid-Day Magic offer being extended for Jan? Those would def work for us but only about a month till FP+ time so I need to get some tickets soon.

I’m having a panic attack. Was just looking at my plans in MDE and half my ADRs are missing! There’s a message at the top saying they can’t display all of my dining reservations and to check back later. See below. They’re not gone, right??!

Attachments

• 633B4471-C9C7-4A9F-B586-1988181DF241.jpeg
    633B4471-C9C7-4A9F-B586-1988181DF241.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
I’m having a panic attack. Was just looking at my plans in MDE and half my ADRs are missing! There’s a message at the top saying they can’t display all of my dining reservations and to check back later. See below. They’re not gone, right??!
I don't think so. Hope not! I'm getting the same message.
My Story Book at Artist Point fell off today and it's still missing this evening. But if I go to search dining reservation times, it says "see your existing plans..." my reservation shows in the pop-up. Try checking there and see if yours is listed (I panicked this morning because late last night I was searching to try to mod the time and it was gone this morning. I thought maybe I'd canceled it by mistake!)

I don't think so. Hope not! I'm getting the same message.
My Story Book at Artist Point fell off today and it's still missing this evening. But if I go to search dining reservation times, it says "see your existing plans..." my reservation shows in the pop-up. Try checking there and see if yours is listed (I panicked this morning because late last night I was searching to try to mod the time and it was gone this morning. I thought maybe I'd canceled it by mistake!)
Thanks! You are making me feel a little better. Hopefully it’s just a glitch. We work so hard to get the ADRs! 🙃

Thanks! You are making me feel a little better. Hopefully it’s just a glitch. We work so hard to get the ADRs! 🙃
I know, right?!
My ADR is back this morning. Did yours show back up? Hope everything is back where it should be for you :)

We often go in January as we are this year, and Splash Mountain is closed more often than not. It was open last year when it wasn’t down with problems, so we got to ride it then for the first time in awhile. We did DAH in MK last year and Splash was down the whole evening.

Hello all, I'm hoping some of you wish to chime in. I'm planning a trip for my parents aged 68 & 69. Staying at Dolphin (found a very good rate) 1/5-11. They purchased 5-day park hopper passes with plans for a midday break each day. They haven't been to WDW in about 5 years, and they are hoping to focus more on attractions new to them. With the Fastpass+ booking day quickly approaching, I've been working on devising an optimal strategy for them, but since it is a bit unorthodox, I thought checking with more seasoned Disney fans would be a good idea.

General Assumptions: With SWGE, and the Tiered FP+ rules at DHS, advance FP+ reservations there are not particularly helpful, as the only Tier 2 FP+ worth booking is Star Tours (they want to skip Fantasmic this time). Therefore, the better strategy is to Rope-Drop this park over multiple days, take a 2-3 hour midday break for lunch and rest, and then move on to a 2nd park with 3 FP+ reservations. Also not a whole lot of value in Epcot advance FP+reservations in comparison to MK and AK. Therefore, plan would be to book FP+ reservations for 3 days at MK and 2 days at AK. This would be the daily itinerary, with a 2-3 hour break for lunch and rest between parks:

1/6 HS, MK
1/7 HS, AK
1/8 HS, MK (PM EMH)
1/9 AK (AM EMH), EP
1/10 MK (AM EMH), EP

Although if necessary I may have to shuffle days around to acquire Avatar FP+ reservations.

AK FP+ reservations for AM itinerary would be Avatar, Safari, and Everest (with a plan to rope-drop to Avatar, then Navi), and PM FP+ reservations would be Avatar, Safari, and Rivers of Light

MK FP+ reservations would be
7Dwarfs x 2
Thunder Mtn x 2
Peter Pan x 2
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear

Splash Mtn will be closed and they don't like Space Mtn (crazy... I know but I guess that's what happens when you get old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).

I know no FP+ for Epcot is a bit bold, but Touringplans rates those days as a 3/10 and 1/10 for crowds at the park and I figure there's a decent chance they can snag one of the last FP+ slots for Frozen or Soarin' once they finish their AM park and worst queue prob won't exceed 45 min those 2 evenings.

I am very curious to hear the thoughts and opinions of the seasoned travelers in this group, and please let me know especially if you disagree with the plan and see any major flaws.

I am very curious to hear the thoughts and opinions of the seasoned travelers in this group, and please let me know especially if you disagree with the plan and see any major flaws.
Moved you to the January 2020 group. 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter