***OFFICIAL*** Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Spectacular & Dessert Party ***2019 JBJB Discussion Begins on Pg. 39***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not aware of an actual temp, but whenever the feels-like temp was expected to be in the 50s during a dessert party, it was usually moved indoors. I assume from that, that it's in the lower 50s.
I think tonight will test this lol

Time___Actual_Real Feel
6:00 PM 52° 50°
7:00 PM 50° 49°
8:00 PM 49° 47°
9:00 PM 47° 46°

We attended this party on 12/5. It was our first time to attend and our first time to see Jingle Bell Jingle BAM. We enjoyed both very much. The party location was fantastic (we were in the courtyard), and the atmosphere was festive. The food and drinks were my favorite of all the parties we've done so far (JBJB, FEA, SW, HEA, and Holiday Wishes). The gingerbread martini was incredible. If someone manages to get the recipe and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, I would be very grateful. I would love to make a batch for Christmas Eve. The spinach dip was my favorite savory, and the peppermint brownie and the flash frozen mousse were my favorite desserts, but there wasn't one food item I tried that I didn't like. That's saying something because I'm notorious for trying one bite of something and moving on if it's not great. I did try the hot chocolate martini and did not love it, though. The alcohol was too strong for my taste in that one, so back to the gingerbread martini for me! The ornaments were a nice touch and will help us relive this memory year after year. The CMs were wonderful. It was a little chilly our night, so they distributed hand warmers to everyone before we headed out for the show. Santa Goofy was a lot of fun and very sweet. The show was adorable and definitely put us in the holiday spirit. It was our second favorite holiday nighttime show that week with Illuminations/Holiday Tag in first place.

Only con - tables are closely packed. Too closely so for easily getting going back and forth to the food and beverages. Luckily everyone we encountered was very nice and scooted a bit to let people through.

Tip - Grab some hot mint tea before heading out to see the show. You'll stay a little warmer, and the mint will settle your stomach after all of that rich food.

Overall, this party moved in to first place for me. My rankings are now:

1) JBJB
2) FEA
3) SW
4) Holiday Wishes - terrace party
5) HEA - garden party

Edited to add: On our night, the viewing area was more packed than I've experienced it with the SW party. Everyone stood. The back left was already taken by the time we got out there, so we chose the back right off to the side and had a curb spot right by the stairs. We sat while waiting for the shows. We stood along with everyone else for the shows, and our view was very good. People moved forward a little when the shows started, and we had a decent amount of space between us and the rest of the group. I would choose that spot again without hesitation.

Last edited:
We attended this party on 12/5. It was our first time to attend and our first time to see Jingle Bell Jingle BAM. We enjoyed both very much. The party location was fantastic (we were in the courtyard), and the atmosphere was festive. The food and drinks were my favorite of all the parties we've done so far (JBJB, FEA, SW, HEA, and Holiday Wishes). The gingerbread martini was incredible. If someone manages to get the recipe and wouldn't mind sharing it with me, I would be very grateful. I would love to make a batch for Christmas Eve. The spinach dip was my favorite savory, and the peppermint brownie and the flash frozen mousse were my favorite desserts, but there wasn't one food item I tried that I didn't like. That's saying something because I'm notorious for trying one bite of something and moving on if it's not great. I did try the hot chocolate martini and did not love it, though. The alcohol was too strong for my taste in that one, so back to the gingerbread martini for me! The ornaments were a nice touch and will help us relive this memory year after year. The CMs were wonderful. It was a little chilly our night, so they distributed hand warmers to everyone before we headed out for the show. Santa Goofy was a lot of fun and very sweet. The show was adorable and definitely put us in the holiday spirit. It was our second favorite holiday nighttime show that week with Illuminations/Holiday Tag in first place.

Only con - tables are closely packed. Too closely so for easily getting going back and forth to the food and beverages. Luckily everyone we encountered was very nice and scooted a bit to let people through.

Tip - Grab some hot mint tea before heading out to see the show. You'll stay a little warmer, and the mint will settle your stomach after all of that rich food.

Overall, this party moved in to first place for me. My rankings are now:

1) JBJB
2) FEA
3) SW
5) HEA - garden party

Edited to add: On our night, the viewing area was more packed than I've experienced it with the SW party. Everyone stood. The back left was already taken by the time we got out there, so we chose the back right off to the side and had a curb spot right by the stairs. We sat while waiting for the shows. We stood along with everyone else for the shows, and our view was very good. People moved forward a little when the shows started, and we had a decent amount of space between us and the rest of the group. I would choose that spot again without hesitation.

I had to go back to a 2016 pm conversation between myself and a notorious former CM ;) My love for the gingerbread drink made me ask for the recipe back then and he asked the food and beverage people in charge of the party...here it is

Ingredients, Gingerbread Martini:
Whipped Cream Vodka, Gingerbread Monin, Half & Half garnished with gingerbread cookie rim (Use Gingerbread syrup for Gingerbread rim adhesive)

Mixing, Gingerbread Martini:
Fill a juice tower with with 18 oz. of Half and Half (about 2/3 of the Juice Tower), 12 oz. of the Gingerbread Monin (little less than 1/3 of the Juice Tower)
Have Beehive bowl with gingerbread Monin and Beehive bowl of the Gingerbread cookie crumble
Dip 9 oz, glass rim in the gingerbread Monin, then the cookie crumble, fill the cup with 1.5 oz Whipped cream Vodka, top with the Half and Half mixture.

I had to go back to a 2016 pm conversation between myself and a notorious former CM ;) My love for the gingerbread drink made me ask for the recipe back then and he asked the food and beverage people in charge of the party...here it is

Ingredients, Gingerbread Martini:
Whipped Cream Vodka, Gingerbread Monin, Half & Half garnished with gingerbread cookie rim (Use Gingerbread syrup for Gingerbread rim adhesive)

Mixing, Gingerbread Martini:
Fill a juice tower with with 18 oz. of Half and Half (about 2/3 of the Juice Tower), 12 oz. of the Gingerbread Monin (little less than 1/3 of the Juice Tower)
Have Beehive bowl with gingerbread Monin and Beehive bowl of the Gingerbread cookie crumble
Dip 9 oz, glass rim in the gingerbread Monin, then the cookie crumble, fill the cup with 1.5 oz Whipped cream Vodka, top with the Half and Half mixture.

Thank you so, so much!!!!!! You're the best!

We did this party on 12/4. Honestly, it was the highlight of the trip. We went all out this time, staying at 2 different deluxe hotels and booking several extras and this was my absolute favorite thing. We did the HEA after party the next night which was no comparison to the JBJB party. The party location is so pretty with the lighting, decor and upscale feel. I will agree with PP the tables are a bit close together, but the food and drink stations never had a line. We only had to wait behind one family for Santa Goofy as people went up throughout the event when the line was short. The fireworks viewing glasses were a nice touch, we got four different designs and the kids kept them and used them the rest of the week at the other nighttime shows.

My son loved the candied fruit and nut trail mix of all things. A CM noticed and brought him a to-go coffee cup filled with it, which he enjoyed during the show and the whole next day.

This also gave me the rather devious idea to go up to the bar and order 2 rum punches on the way out, which I poured into a to-go coffee cup

The view for the show was amazing. I felt like we were in the middle of the action and there was absolutely no obstructions to the view (unlike the garden for HEA which seemed to have topiarys and light poles every 3 feet). We did not rush out to the viewing area. I would say we were one of the last few groups to leave, but the viewing area had plenty of space left toward the back which was perfect. I also loved that we got to see both the Movie Magic show and the main attraction.

In short, I would not hesitate to do this again.

Only con - tables are closely packed.
Try passing out the ornaments with that setup.
My rankings are now:
1) JBJB
2) FEA
3) SW
5) HEA - garden party
Completely agree.
On our night, the viewing area was more packed than I've experienced it with the SW party. Everyone stood.
It's not that unusual, there are a couple of reasons for that occurring. The JBJB party is on average a larger party than the SW party. On some nights a few or a lot of non-party Guests are allowed in. Occasionally even the SW party is standing room only.

On some nights a few or a lot of non-party Guests are allowed in. Occasionally even the SW party is standing room only.
Just curious about this statement. Are you referring to the viewing area for the dessert party guests and that they allow regular guests into that area sometimes? Or are there other "special groups" allowed in?

Just curious about this statement. Are you referring to the viewing area for the dessert party guests and that they allow regular guests into that area sometimes? Or are there other "special groups" allowed in?
No, not day Guests. Depending on which party it is, it could be the people that took the SW tour or VIP Guests.

Try passing out the ornaments with that setup.
Completely agree.
It's not that unusual, there are a couple of reasons for that occurring. The JBJB party is on average a larger party than the SW party. On some nights a few or a lot of non-party Guests are allowed in. Occasionally even the SW party is standing room only.

You're right! Passing out the ornaments between those tables looked like it takes a good deal of skill! : )

One day maybe I'll try the ROL party and see where it falls in this mix.

I did see some SW tour people in the area with us. Standing worked well for us anyway. My old bones don't really love sitting on the concrete. Sitting on the curb was fine, but flat on the ground would have resulted in some protests from my skeletal system. I have to admit, though, I did feel a bit guilty to be standing on a raised platform with people behind me trying to view from a lower level. I hope we didn't block anyone's view.

My son loved the candied fruit and nut trail mix of all things. A CM noticed and brought him a to-go coffee cup filled with it, which he enjoyed during the show and the whole next day.

What a kind thing for that CM to do! Special touches like that create lasting memories, and Disney CMs are so good at spotting chances to do something nice.

Tonight I made the gingerbread martini from the recipe @yulilin3 shared and it's perfect! Loving it! Thanks again! My next bright idea is to find Jingle Bell Jingle Bam on youtube, stream over the tv, and have an at home dessert party. WDW withdrawal is bad this time.

Tonight I made the gingerbread martini from the recipe @yulilin3 shared and it's perfect! Loving it! Thanks again! My next bright idea is to find Jingle Bell Jingle Bam on youtube, stream over the tv, and have an at home dessert party. WDW withdrawal is bad this time.
Awesome.
Make sure to charge your guests appropriately or it isn't truly a WDW dessert party :D

Here are some videos from the Dis. I haven't watched the first one yet.

I attended the dessert party on Thursday, 12/20 and really liked it. We were moved inside because of the weather and I really liked it that way. Unless the weather is warm(ish) then outside just wouldn't be comfortable. (Also did the Fireworks part at MK on 12/22 and it was so chilly I was shivering while eating and that wasn't fun.) The desserts were just ok for me and enjoyed the savory items more. DD loved the spinach artichoke dip so much she took and layered it in a togo cup with the pita bread. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts