***** Official * July 2017 * thread! *****

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm all booked and ready to go on my first ever DW vacation in July! :banana:

Who else is going???? Let's plan and chat together!
:hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2:

Let me know if you'd like to be added to the roll call below.

Roll Call

6/24 - 7/8 Ferrentinos BC-CL/Poly-CL
6/25 - 7/3 patclairesmom
6/27 - 7/5
ammama POFQ
6/27 - 7/9 Mackenzie McCarthy Pop
6/28 - 7/9 DisneyFamily17 SSR
6/29 - 7/6 hilaryjudsong WL
6/29 - 7/11 strmtrooper96 CSR
6/30 - 7/6 LisaCM614 BLT/BWV
6/30 - 7/8 dpswift POR/Poly
6/30 - 7/8 Chasesmom Disney/Universal
6/30 - 7/16 Klayfish
7/1 - 7/5
Wood Nymph BC
7/1 - 7/7 LvsTnk Poly
7/1 - 7/8 Avarella Poly-CL
7/1 - 7/8 Dom Poly
7/1 - 7/8 zebrastreyepz Pop
7/1 - 7/10 Dismamx2 POFQ
7/3 - 7/8 dnllmz CSR
7/3 - 7/13 DVC Jen Boulder Ridge
7/4 - 7/9 Eddie512 Poly DVC
7/4 - 7/18 ddluvsdisney Offsite
7/6 - 7/13 Zippa D Doodah Pop
7/7 - 7/11 ShyMiss Pop
7/8 - 7/16 katsmom4 BWV
7/8 - 7/17 The Fox Menagerie BC/The Dream/GF
7/9 - 7/14 KarinKaye POFQ
7/9 - 7/15 armomof3lvsdisney AllStar Movies
7/9 - 7/16 WDW_Paul SSR
7/9 - 7/17 lauralarissa DVC Boulder Ridge WL
7/10 - 7/12 DoctorWhoGirl POR
7/10 - 7/16 Mermaid@Heart82 AofA
7/11 - 7/18 debjk4 Pop
7/11 - 7/19 TISHLOVESDISNEY Loews/BC/Poly/AKKV
7/13 - 7/31 KSL Poly DVC/BWV DVC/Homewood Suites by CruisePort/DisneyDream/BLT DVC
7/14 - 7/21 Newcastle Poly
7/14 - 7/22 KNJWDW Poly
7/15 - 7/21 Aumom Pop
7/15 - 7/22 DaisyMom09 Swan
7/15 - 7/29 SaharanTea Sports
7/16 - 7/22 FrancoFun POR
7/16 - 7/22 SaraSpringIsHome BWV
7/16 - 7/22 Matoskah Poodle Fort Wilderness
7/16 - 7/23 1911 POR
7/16 - 7/25 LMDisneygirl Pop
7/16 - 7/26 capegirl Shades of Green
7/19 - 7/25 will5mom Poly
7/20 - 7/25 C.C. Langley CBR
7/21 - 7/28 ThistleMae
7/21 - 8/08
peace_all POR/BWV/BLT/LRP/BCP/Poly
7/22 - 7/27 Mainemama Poly
7/22 - 7/28 Partysaurus Rex WL
7/22 - 7/29 karalecia26 ASSp
7/22 - 7/30 Tootles75 POR/Swan
7/23 - 7/29 Dizn3y Dad Pop
7/23 - 7/30 tofubeast BWV
7/24 - 7/29 pepe.depew Contemporary
7/26 - 8/1 LaurenT AKL Kidani
7/27 - 8/3 Christinaxo BC
7/27 - 8/4 Vaninou POR

Let me know if any updates need to be made.

Please add us to the list! July 15-24 katybugsmom POP
Thanks!

We got our second set of Magic bands yesterday. We start driving on the 29th
Still waiting for our second set to ship! Baseball is over, dance recital is done, kids are done with school so now when I'm not working I can start our packing lists!
I keep having this nightmare that I made the wrong Fast Passes! Disney planning anxiety dreams, this is new :rotfl2:

We got our Magic Bands today! (Am I the only one that stalks the tracking status on their bands?) So now to keep myself occupied, I am looking at my ADRs to see if I want to change them up:rolleyes1 It's not like I have nothing else to do - I work part-time, I have regular house things to do, we have 2 out-of-town lacrosse tournaments before we leave, kids, pets......, but I always find time for WDW planning:flower:

12 days until we embark on our super long journey to Disney! (Not checking in until 7/22.) we have all of our trip planned, except 2 nights to spend somewhere between the Sanford train Station and a key midway down the Gulf. We already have our 5 nights planned at Disney, and this would not be within 14 days of that stay (so park tickets aren't happening.) We have beaches covered later in the trip. Where would you guys go with 3 active kids(5-12)? The 5 year old is in a different league of attention span than the older kids. Hoping for something somewhat affordable. (Also ruled out Universal, though we have never been.)

For those who've done both, would you recommend the Star Wars dessert party or Fantasmic? I have booked the Mama Melrose lunch package, and with gratuity they would cost about the same.

For those who've done both, would you recommend the Star Wars dessert party or Fantasmic? I have booked the Mama Melrose lunch package, and with gratuity they would cost about the same.
I have never had troubles getting a seat for Fantasmic! so for me it doesn't feel 'worth it' to spend money on a lunch package to get the seating. We're doing the Star Wars dessert party for the first time this trip. We're going on the 4th of July so it felt 'worth it' to spend money to ensure we had a decent view without having to camp out!

2 more full days of school and 2 half days. I think I can. I think I can. I just keep saying this to make it through. We went to the zoo for our field trip today and I'm exhausted.
June 26th can't come fast enough!!!
We have Narcoossees dinner ADR for 4th of July fireworks. I really wanted Cali Grill but haven't been able to get it. Maybe I'll get lucky- the day before, who knows. I can only wish right?

Hands down the Star Wars dessert party. We did this last summer, and we really enjoyed it. Granted, you are not getting a sit down meal, but overall it is a cool experience, and we had a lot of fun. There is a very informative thread devoted to this desert party that was extremely helpful when I was planning last year.

We have Narcoossees dinner ADR for 4th of July fireworks. I really wanted Cali Grill but haven't been able to get it. Maybe I'll get lucky- the day before, who knows. I can only wish right?
I love the view of the fireworks from GF. I think it is much better than the view from the CR. :)

What a frustrating night! Got an alert that the balance on our vacation was due in two days and logged on to pay it--and WDW rejected my credit card 3 times for no apparent reason. Tried to call tonight when I got home from work and electronic phone system couldn't process it either. Transferred me to hold for 30 minutes, before an agent came on who was very sweet in that Disney way but....still couldn't help me. Said she was getting an error message she'd never seen before saying it was having trouble "building the basket." She put me on hold to see about transferring me to guest services--and the wait was TWO HOURS. She said she'd never seen it so long before (it was my lucky night I guess) and when I asked if they could simply take my info and call me back at their convenience, the answer was no. She suggested I try again at 7 am tomorrow when the phone line first opened because "they have pixie dust behind the scenes that makes things magically work!"
Grr arrgh, I sure hope she's right.

What a frustrating night! Got an alert that the balance on our vacation was due in two days and logged on to pay it--and WDW rejected my credit card 3 times for no apparent reason. Tried to call tonight when I got home from work and electronic phone system couldn't process it either. Transferred me to hold for 30 minutes, before an agent came on who was very sweet in that Disney way but....still couldn't help me. Said she was getting an error message she'd never seen before saying it was having trouble "building the basket." She put me on hold to see about transferring me to guest services--and the wait was TWO HOURS. She said she'd never seen it so long before (it was my lucky night I guess) and when I asked if they could simply take my info and call me back at their convenience, the answer was no. She suggested I try again at 7 am tomorrow when the phone line first opened because "they have pixie dust behind the scenes that makes things magically work!"
Grr arrgh, I sure hope she's right.

Good luck getting through today! And don't fret. They won't cancel your trip. They want your money! :teeth:

Good luck getting through today! And don't fret. They won't cancel your trip. They want your money! :teeth:

Oh they sure do! Lol. Guest services was able to process my order using a "back channel" right quick. I never got a clear answer on what went wrong but someone did say they get the building a basket error when you have the my disney experience app open in more than one place (computer + phone) so maybe that was the problem.

Who knows who to call or email if your magicbands haven't shipped yet and you leave in less than a week?!?

Who knows who to call or email if your magicbands haven't shipped yet and you leave in less than a week?!?

Just wondering, but are you sure you didn't decline magic bands for this trip? I'm pretty sure there is an option to do so in MDE.

I imagine they could help you by calling their main number. There are a few FAQs on their website as well.

Just wondering, but are you sure you didn't decline magic bands for this trip? I'm pretty sure there is an option to do so in MDE.

I imagine they could help you by calling their main number. There are a few FAQs on their website as well.
Positive they were not declined, my disney experience says 'hurry shipping soon'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!