Official July 2018 Thread!

Just found this thread, as we hit 100 days till our trip today! We'll be staying at POP from 7/27-8/2. It's the first time DH and I will be back since getting engaged at Cinderella's Castle in 2011....and this time we have our own little 2 year old princess DD to bring with us. Can't wait :)

My wife and I are taking my mother for her first Disney trip from July 7th to July 20th. We'll be staying at Pop Century. Can't wait! Something funny about our trip payment dates, on the website it says we need to have everything paid off by June 7th, but on the trip book that they sent us, it says that the deadline is May 7th! I'm pretty sure that the real final payment due date is the one of the website, but I'm pretending that the May 7th deadline is the real one and then I'll just use May as a spending money saving month!

Funny you say this....I thought that our final payment was due on June 27th, but then I saw in the booklet that they sent it was May 27th. Now I look online and see the June 27th. Thanks for mentioning this!

Just found this thread, as we hit 100 days till our trip today! We'll be staying at POP from 7/27-8/2. It's the first time DH and I will be back since getting engaged at Cinderella's Castle in 2011....and this time we have our own little 2 year old princess DD to bring with us. Can't wait :)

So glad I saw this. We just hit 100 days too and didn’t realize it! Time flies!

My busy work season is over and I'm finally able to do some planning. I make fast passes next week! I'm really excited for the new TSL. The slinky dog ride looks adorable.

My busy work season is over and I'm finally able to do some planning. I make fast passes next week! I'm really excited for the new TSL. The slinky dog ride looks adorable.

Yay! That's exciting!!! My last super-busy work day in Sunday; I can see the Disney Planning on the horizon now!

I make fastpass reservations in less than 2 weeks and I am still not sure what to do about HS. We have 5 park days (with hoppers) and 2 water park days. I am planning advance fastpasses at HS, AK, EP, and MKx2. I think at HS I am going to go for Slinky Coaster and rope drop Alien saucers and Toy Story Mania. My back up plan is if we can't do all of the Toy Story rides, we could always go another morning before another park since EMH are at 7:00. We are staying at BC, so we would be close, but I really don't want to rope drop at 7:00 more than once!!! I also don't want to give up my second set of FPs at MK for one ride at HS. I hope this plan will work out!!!

I make fastpass reservations in less than 2 weeks and I am still not sure what to do about HS. We have 5 park days (with hoppers) and 2 water park days. I am planning advance fastpasses at HS, AK, EP, and MKx2. I think at HS I am going to go for Slinky Coaster and rope drop Alien saucers and Toy Story Mania. My back up plan is if we can't do all of the Toy Story rides, we could always go another morning before another park since EMH are at 7:00. We are staying at BC, so we would be close, but I really don't want to rope drop at 7:00 more than once!!! I also don't want to give up my second set of FPs at MK for one ride at HS. I hope this plan will work out!!!

We are going in July too, and I'm having a similar situation. I think your plan to go for Slinky and rope drop the other too sounds good, but I hear you definitely about not having to do 2 7am EMH...it is vacation after all lol

I'm going to go for Slinky fp and standby Alien saucers. Unless the line isn't too bad, we'll skip TSMM this trip. We're doing HS on 7/4 so I'm keeping my expectations low. I would love to RD at 7 am and take a mid day break at the resort before we go to Epcot for the night. I'm hoping my kids can stay up for the fireworks that night so rope drop might be too ambitious. I wish they were nap takers!

I'm going to go for Slinky fp and standby Alien saucers. Unless the line isn't too bad, we'll skip TSMM this trip. We're doing HS on 7/4 so I'm keeping my expectations low. I would love to RD at 7 am and take a mid day break at the resort before we go to Epcot for the night. I'm hoping my kids can stay up for the fireworks that night so rope drop might be too ambitious. I wish they were nap takers!
We are also going to Epcot that evening. I would love to take a break to swim at the resort before heading to Epcot.

Hello July Diser's

It's been a while..... My Daughter is graduating High School... WOW cant believe it..College this fall....

My Daughter Midori, Friends Lucy and Madison are going to their Happy Place July 22 through July 28 for their Senior Trip. Staying at All-Star Music....Flying Southwest and will arrive at 12:06 AM of the 23rd. Late arrival.

ADR - 23rd T-Rex 12:15 PM Lunch...

July is the only month we (2 adults) don't have to plan around , so July it is.

July 18-22 at the Yacht Club. ADR's at Beaches & Cream, Raglan Road, and Plaza Garden Fireworks Viewing for HEA. So excited. We went last August too and it was hot and crowded (Duh) but bearable with planning. It's my first time in Epcot-resort area and 2nd time at a deluxe resort (was a sucker and took advantage of that "incredible summer" offer they sent in the mail...) :figment::sulley:

Last edited:
So my July trip was booked at POFQ but I just returned from an amazing week long stay at the Poly so I switched my July trip to the Poly. I'm so excited! I don't think I'll ever be able to stay anywhere else again!
Please tell me what you loved about the Poly. We are staying there in July too.

So my July trip was booked at POFQ but I just returned from an amazing week long stay at the Poly so I switched my July trip to the Poly. I'm so excited! I don't think I'll ever be able to stay anywhere else again!

Do share details!

Please tell me what you loved about the Poly. We are staying there in July too.

Do share details!

We just really loved everything about the resort. I can't think of many negative things at all! We loved the boat to MK, the quick walk to the TTC with the direct Monorail access to Epcot. The grounds are beautiful. My DH and I honeymooned in Hawaii so the atmosphere reminded me of our honeymoon. Both my kids loved the splash pad and my DS loved the water slide at the main pool. DH and I had a date night (using Kid's Nite Out) and we had a blast at Trader Sam's, seriously laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time.

We stayed in a studio by renting points from friends but my next trip is booked in a standard room. We loved the studio, I'm hoping we like the standard room as well!

We were originally booked for Thanksgiving week, but switched to July so we could stay longer and celebrate my DS's birthday there. We are booked July 21-30 staying at CBR.

Here are our plans so far.....now just waiting to book FP:
7/21 - HS - dinner at Brown Derby
7/22 - MK - lunch at Liberty Tree, dinner at The Boathous
7/23 - AK - lunch at Tusker House ROL package
7/24 - Epcot - eat, drink & shop around The World
7/25 - HS - lunch at Mama Melrose Fantasmic pakage (we never do HS twice, but really want to be able to ride both TSSM and Slinky Dog)
7/26 - MK - dinner at Akershus & FEA dessert party
7/27 - AK - dinner at Biergarten
7/28 - Epcot - breakfast at Garden Grill, dinner at Teppan Edo (DS birthday)
7/29 - MK - dinner at LeCellier
7/30 - MK - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

Now I need to work on getting a cake dor DS's birthday.

We were originally booked for Thanksgiving week, but switched to July so we could stay longer and celebrate my DS's birthday there. We are booked July 21-30 staying at CBR.

Here are our plans so far.....now just waiting to book FP:
7/21 - HS - dinner at Brown Derby
7/22 - MK - lunch at Liberty Tree, dinner at The Boathous
7/23 - AK - lunch at Tusker House ROL package
7/24 - Epcot - eat, drink & shop around The World
7/25 - HS - lunch at Mama Melrose Fantasmic pakage (we never do HS twice, but really want to be able to ride both TSSM and Slinky Dog)
7/26 - MK - dinner at Akershus & FEA dessert party
7/27 - AK - dinner at Biergarten
7/28 - Epcot - breakfast at Garden Grill, dinner at Teppan Edo (DS birthday)
7/29 - MK - dinner at LeCellier
7/30 - MK - breakfast at 1900 Park Fare

Now I need to work on getting a cake dor DS's birthday.

Great ADRs! You have a lot of our favorite ADRs and some that we haven't tried yet but would like to.

I can totally relate! We were booked at the WL, but changed to the Polynesian. We thought we should try something different this year, but just couldn’t do it. So back to the Poly - it just seems like vacation to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!