Official July 2018 Thread!

Thanks for the suggestions! I have FP’s for Space Mtn, BTMRR and HM. I haven’t done those rides in several trips because my kids are too little (or afraid). We’re doing EMM so I’ll get plenty of rides on 7D! I definitely want to get some yummy snacks and do some shopping. People watching sounds like a great idea too! We’re staying at Poly so I was thinking about possibly ending the night at Trader Sam’s for a drink. I believe Tambu Lounge is closed or it’s going to be closing soon for a few months.
I forgot about Tambu Lounge. :( My DH told me a while back that it wouldn’t be open for our vacation. What a bummer!!!
Trader Sams is good too!
So when I read your post I thought about myself. My DH & DS golf a couple of times on our trips and I usually have 4-5 hours to myself too. As a matter of fact that will be tomorrow.
Have fun!
And the Poly is my favorite!!

Much better day today. BF at Garden Grill. First time here and very good. Got to ride soarin before the masses. Rode all our FPs. Did a little shopping in Japan and went back to BWI for a rest and a swim. Heading to Biergarten for dinner (DH fave) and then illuminations (my fave). Nice day!

Does anyone else have the summer meal deal (one free meal a day). I’m curious if it includes the specialty/alcoholic drinks. I don’t really care about alcoholic, but my dd would love getting slushies with her meals.
Reporting back.
I didn't end up getting a special drink with any of my qs points but asked when I got there, and she said it's exactly the same as the regular qs dining plan point hope that helps!

This makes me laugh because we aren’t doing the parks before our DCL in November & my DH keeps waivering. I keep pricing out tickets just in case. I guess we’ll be doing this for the next 5 months. A money tree would be awesome.
So I’m following back up... we did go to the park - Magic Kingdom. Three days before our flight to MCO, I heard about the After Hours at Magic Kingdom special ticketed event. It looks like an event they do maybe a few times a month it’s only certain dates... the only date during our stay was June 28 (10pm - 1am event). This is very different than the Halloween or Christmas party ticketed events. They basically open the park for these tickets only and they cap the number sold. Avg daily ppl st park is 55000+, and the cap is 3000 for this I think.

The 28th was the night before our cruise, but we were already staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in the area and no plans other than hitting the pool that day. I did some research, watched a ton of videos, and decided to go for it. The cost for our family of five was a *little* less than a one day ticket for each of us, but here’s the deal… It was amazing! You can enter as early as 7- so technically, could have booked FP if I had been more on top of it, but didn’t. Everyone was lining up for final parade/shows when we arrived at 7:15, so we walked around, did a few rides and wait times were dropping by 9 pm. Once the park closed at 10, it emptied out and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. Wow!!!

We walked on every ride and rode rides multiple times. I couldn’t believe it. Because of the summer heat and time of year we were there (peak!) this made sense for us. Not sure I would recommend to anyone staying several days and doing all parks. But the age of my kids (12,9,4) all the big kids want to do is coasters and they aren’t too interested in characters anymore so with this we could run around and ride rides so many times. Our splash Mountain photo is my husband and my 12 and 9 year old only... priceless!!

A fun perk with these tickets you get unlimited bottled beverages (soda/water) and ice cream desserts... so we ate Mickey Bars and had so much fun! I took photos of the queues in Small World, Space Mountain and Ariel... astonishingly empty!!

Again, our situation was unique and this fit the bill with the date it was offered. Would recommend it without hesitation!!

Cheers!!
E

We are doing DAH on Saturday (21st). I'm really looking forward to it.
I knew it was always an option for my trip, but did not really plan on attending. My friend I was traveling with was really tempted to add-on 1 day to her hopper ticket so we could go to MK on our departure day, but I suggested DAH instead. It was great! I have never seen the park so empty. After 30 minutes, practically everything was walk-on. The Speedway had the worst waits the entire night, but I think that is just the nature of the loading process for that ride.

Here are some screenshots for wait times as of 11:48pm:

1 (1).jpg 2.jpg 3 (1).jpg

The 5/10 minutes were just the duration of walking through the queue. By this point, I did not wait for anything.

We just go here today. Love our room! Had a great lunch and beaches and cream. That’s when it went downhill. We were going to HS for just a few hours to do our FPs. I’m not kidding, every ride was down! There was some sort of electrical problem. We were waiting on star tours and we thought it was pretty hot in the line. Well then we had to evacuate and checked and all rides were down due to some AC/electrical issue. That’s what the CM at guest relations said anyway. We went back to the resort and went swimming and the kids had a great time At the pool. I’m sure tomorrow will be better but it is Friday the 13th yikes!!

I hope you got magical fast passes out of that. We got some for the ones we missed.

I hope you got magical fast passes out of that. We got some for the ones we missed.
Thank you! Since we didn’t get to ride our three FPs they did move them to our other HS day. Only 2 showed up in MDE but that’s ok we will still have plenty to do that day. Glad you got some too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter