Official July 2018 Thread!

We are also going to be there july 3-11. I was hoping Toy story land was going to be open Memorial Day weekend. Now, that it's not going to open until June 30th, I'm very nervous about the crowds. HS definitely needed some new attractions and we were looking forward to seeing the new land, but with the already high summer crowds, I'm afraid it may make HS too crowded for us. I could try for a fast pass later in the week and maybe it won't be too bad. I'm just not sure if it's worth the stress. Lol

We are also going to be there july 3-11. I was hoping Toy story land was going to be open Memorial Day weekend. Now, that it's not going to open until June 30th, I'm very nervous about the crowds. HS definitely needed some new attractions and we were looking forward to seeing the new land, but with the already high summer crowds, I'm afraid it may make HS too crowded for us. I could try for a fast pass later in the week and maybe it won't be too bad. I'm just not sure if it's worth the stress. Lol
We are skipping it this time around for that exact reason.

Take advantage of the EMH that were released yesterday if you are staying onsite. We were at Pandora last year a week after it opened and the EMH really made it possible to tour the new land and ride the rides without FP. HS has EMH each morning from 7-8. Fridays from 10pm to midnight.

Take advantage of the EMH that were released yesterday if you are staying onsite. We were at Pandora last year a week after it opened and the EMH really made it possible to tour the new land and ride the rides without FP. HS has EMH each morning from 7-8. Fridays from 10pm to midnight.
I was really hoping dhs would have EMH every night like AK did last year for pandora. We only have 3 days at disney and I have dhs planned for our arrival day. I doubt we are able to get fp for any of the new stuff with it being such a short trip and it being our first day

I’m excited and terrified that the opening is so close to our trip. I thought we’d have a little buffer with the May opening. We’re doing a triple split stay (because we’re crazy), but fortunately the longest leg is at Beach Club Villas, which should give us easier access to DHS. Boardwalk would have been even better, but my kids are terrified of the pool. :laughing:

That's pretty much exactly how I felt - I thought there would be a little buffer too! We'll probably brave the area, as there are a couple people with us who are not frequent visitors, but I am nervous about the crowds!

Me and My Gang are there the same time too.... We go the same time each year... Last year were able to ride FOP 4 times because I scored FP as soon as it came online! Keep your eyes open for the FP! They will probably be doing a soft opening a couple of weeks before the June 30th official!

I was really hoping dhs would have EMH every night like AK did last year for pandora. We only have 3 days at disney and I have dhs planned for our arrival day. I doubt we are able to get fp for any of the new stuff with it being such a short trip and it being our first day
That's a great idea. I'll have to look at the new hours and see what we can do

We're doing a mommy daughter trip July 2018 and staying at the Poly. It's been 6 long years since we were last at Disney and we can't wait to go back. We started going every summer when my youngest was 3 and stopped in 2012 when my mom got ill and left traveling very difficult. Now my oldest is 17 and we decided to have one last big trip to see the mouse before she heads off to college.

July 25 - 29 POFQ (unless a summer discount comes out... then maybe OKW or POR) with my SIL. I have a conference for 3 days, she's coming to hang out and relax, then we'll hit the parks in the evenings and catch all the shows that her boys couldn't stay awake for last Feb! Plus Soarin' - because she's the MOST hysterical person on Soarin' ever (my DH tried to video tape her last time, just because her screaming etc is so funny, it was a good thing my almost 13-DS was sitting on her other side, not her 5-DS :rotfl2:

Just adults, no pressure to do it all - I love short adult-only trips!

I have been waiting for DD's school calendar for the 18-19 school year to be announced before we booked anything. Just came out yesterday so it looks like we will be going July 30th - Aug 7th. I am also waiting for Summer/AP discounts to be released as well. Then today it was announced that there will be charges for parking at your resort if you are a guest who drives! We drive. Very aggravating as this has always been free. This goes in to effect March 21st. Part of me just wants to book a room at rack rate now and then modify when discounts are released to avoid the parking fees. On the other hand discounts are offered when rooms need to be filled...... Have most of you July folks booked already or are you waiting for discounts to be released like me? This whole charging for parking thing is a real nickel and dime bummer. :sad1: I hate to book now and add to the whole hoping for a discount even though I am already booked thing but I really DO NOT want to pay to park at my resort!

I have been waiting for DD's school calendar for the 18-19 school year to be announced before we booked anything. Just came out yesterday so it looks like we will be going July 30th - Aug 7th. I am also waiting for Summer/AP discounts to be released as well. Then today it was announced that there will be charges for parking at your resort if you are a guest who drives! We drive. Very aggravating as this has always been free. This goes in to effect March 21st. Part of me just wants to book a room at rack rate now and then modify when discounts are released to avoid the parking fees. On the other hand discounts are offered when rooms need to be filled...... Have most of you July folks booked already or are you waiting for discounts to be released like me? This whole charging for parking thing is a real nickel and dime bummer. :sad1: I hate to book now and add to the whole hoping for a discount even though I am already booked thing but I really DO NOT want to pay to park at my resort!
How much are they charging for parking now? That's really disappointing to hear. We are flying this year because it's just me and my oldest, but we usually drive.

So ridiculous!!! I am mad about this parking fee too. Sometimes we drive and sometimes we fly. This year we are flying. I feel like they are slowly taking away all of the benefits of staying onsite. Now with some of the neighbor hotels getting the same FP booking window privileges, I am asking why we need to spend so much to stay on-site. Don’t get me wrong, I love staying on property, but all of these changes are making me very frustrated.

We are already booked for July 7-16 at the Beach Club with a bounce back offer. In the past, I have just booked and then modified the reservation when discounts were offered.

Anyone know if hours are going to be extended for MK? I'd like the extra hours so we can take a longer break from the heat in the afternoon, but so far it looks like it's just 9-10. I know they've been extended in the past, but last year they didn't because Avatar had extended hours. With TSL opening late June I feel like HS will have extended hours and MK might not get any

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter