***Official June 2018***

My wife, myself, and two girls are staying at Fort Wilderness 6/9 - 6/19 in our camper. First time at the Fort since I was a child. Our 3rd trip as a family (Contemporary and Beach Club). Made all my ADRs this morning except for Teppan Edo, which is our favorite. Disappointing. Was also planning Spirit of Aloha Luau on Monday the 18th, but no shows on Sundays or Mondays. So looking for another choice on Monday (our last full day).

You're in, welcome aboard! That sounds like a great time! I'm not a camper or RV type of girl but I bet that's a great time anyway. Lots of love here for Teppan Edo, maybe I'll need to check it out sooner rather than later. We have Rose and Crown for now though. I haven't been there either and that seems to be a huge favorite.

OK, I saw on anther thread everyone was sharing some of the "firsts" that will be happening on their trips - and it looked fun so I stole their idea and thought we could share over here to pass the time!

I'll go first....:hyper2:

First time on the Anna/Elsa ride (it opened the day after we left on our last trip!!)

First time seeing all the Pandora stuff/rides in AK
(Hopefully) First time seeing the new Toy Story Land since I just know it will open a week before our trip....(one can hope right??) pixiedust:

First time staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas at WL

a few first time meals: California Grill, Flying Fish since it re-opened and Le Cellier (since 2009)

First time doing the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM TOUR !!!!! (so freaking excited about this!!!) :worship::worship::cool1::cool1::cool1: :dancer:

My youngest turns 16 in Feb so he'll be officially 16 in June which means we're all adults and can go on the tour!! EEEEKKK!!

oh, and DH and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the trip which is a first for both of us....:rotfl2:

What are some of the firsts you'll be experiencing on your trip??

That's a fabulous idea! The Pandora area is truly amazing. Even if you were not a big fan of the movie, you have to appreciate all the details they put into the land. The floating mountains are really cool in person. Flight of Passage is simply "must do" as Stacey might say. Try to go there once in the morning and once at night. The canteen has great food, although I'm sad the breakfast is only during "peak" periods now. The Frozen ride is definitely cute, but I think after 2 rides I've had my fill!

For us, I think our big first is first time staying at Polynesian Villas, so that's huge! Also the thought on the Rumors/News board swings pretty heavily on another Memorial Day weekend opening for Toy Story Land, if not then it'll be pretty close. Also we're (hopefully) doing our first DVC members event at Typhoon Lagoon, so that's a double first as we've never been there before. I've also booked California Grill for the first time and I'm hoping my kid doesn't go all Debbie Downer on me for it!

For us, I think our big first is first time staying at Polynesian Villas, so that's huge! Also the thought on the Rumors/News board swings pretty heavily on another Memorial Day weekend opening for Toy Story Land, if not then it'll be pretty close. Also we're (hopefully) doing our first DVC members event at Typhoon Lagoon, so that's a double first as we've never been there before. I've also booked California Grill for the first time and I'm hoping my kid doesn't go all Debbie Downer on me for it!

I told DH this weekend that I hoped that Toy Story Land opened up while we were there so while all the people are all packed over in that land we can ride Toy Story Mania, ToT and RNR as many times as we want!! :rotfl2:

our boys are 19 and 16 and won't really care too much about riding the rides in TSL (I don't think.. :rolleyes1) so we could walk through, see it all and then get out of the crowds!!

I told DH this weekend that I hoped that Toy Story Land opened up while we were there so while all the people are all packed over in that land we can ride Toy Story Mania, ToT and RNR as many times as we want!! :rotfl2:

our boys are 19 and 16 and won't really care too much about riding the rides in TSL (I don't think.. :rolleyes1) so we could walk through, see it all and then get out of the crowds!!

Yes, that's what we would do too. I'd like to try the coaster once if possible but I'm not gonna stress on it. My fear is it's going to attract all those people who thought everything closed at HS. So they'll be there gobbling up all my easy to get afternoon fastpasses. I will say the mornings we went to AK, everywhere outside of Pandora was a literal ghost town. We went on Everest so much it didn't feel fast anymore.

7 days until ADR day! I think I've got everything planned out how I want it. I know Ohana should probably be the first one I go for. This is my list:

Day 1: Frontera Cocina dinner
Day 2: Crystal Palace lunch, Restaurant Marrakesh dinner (new to us - on the fence)
Day 3: Homecomin dinner
Day 4: Boma dinner
Day 5: Ohana dinner
Day 6: 1900 Park Fare breakfast (new to us), Yachtsman dinner
Day 7: Sci Fi lunch, Cape May Cafe dinner
Day 8: Trattoria al Forno breakfast, Via Napoli dinner
Day 9: Cape May Cafe breakfast, San Angel Inn dinner (new to us - still on the fence about this one)
Day 10: Sanaa dinner
Day 11: no plans, probably order in Flipper's pizza
Day 12: no plans, probably go to Trader Sam's for apps
Day 13: Via Napoli dinner

My wife, myself, and two girls are staying at Fort Wilderness 6/9 - 6/19 in our camper. First time at the Fort since I was a child. Our 3rd trip as a family (Contemporary and Beach Club). Made all my ADRs this morning except for Teppan Edo, which is our favorite. Disappointing. Was also planning Spirit of Aloha Luau on Monday the 18th, but no shows on Sundays or Mondays. So looking for another choice on Monday (our last full day).
I was able to book Teppan Edo just now, so you might want to check again!

I was able to book Teppan Edo just now, so you might want to check again!

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I will see if we want to switch Le Cellier back to Teppan Edo. Le Cellier was our backup. That is why this forum is awesome.

We also booked the Wild Africa Trek at AK. Kids are big animal lovers so thought this would be cool to do. Expensive but this might be our last trip with the kids plus we are saving money on staying at FW with our camper.

Awesome thanks for the heads up. I will see if we want to switch Le Cellier back to Teppan Edo. Le Cellier was our backup. That is why this forum is awesome.

We also booked the Wild Africa Trek at AK. Kids are big animal lovers so thought this would be cool to do. Expensive but this might be our last trip with the kids plus we are saving money on staying at FW with our camper.
I can't wait till our son is old enough to do the wild Africa Trek he is an animal lover too!

I'm really considering booking the Wild Africa Trek since DD8 is finally old enough for it, it's just so expensive I think DH will freak out about it. I may wait and see what kind of bonus I get next year :rotfl:We did the Caring for Giants tour last year and it was awesome and cheap so we may do that again.

I'm really considering booking the Wild Africa Trek since DD8 is finally old enough for it, it's just so expensive I think DH will freak out about it. I may wait and see what kind of bonus I get next year :rotfl:We did the Caring for Giants tour last year and it was awesome and cheap so we may do that again.
We did, too, and just loved it. The baby was being SO SILLY and frisky, and I LOVED being able to talk to the CMs at length about their jobs. Heck of a bargain!!!

Ready for 3 am Christmas morning to book our ADRs for June!!! More relaxed trip this go around because we are staying CL so must haves so far are Ohana dinner, Sci-fi, Teppan Edo, and late dessert at BOG plus Illumintaions cruise reservations. While I'm doing that at 3 am the fresh cinnamon buns will be rising on the kitchen counter for Christmas morning.

Officially booked, no more "June 13ish" for us. Updated/Official dates now: June 18-29, Pop Century :yay::yay::yay:
My DD and I did actually do a happy dance when we booked! Ok, now gotta get myself squared away b/c our dining window opens on Wednesday.

I didn't catch it earlier, but I have your update now!

Ready for 3 am Christmas morning to book our ADRs for June!!! More relaxed trip this go around because we are staying CL so must haves so far are Ohana dinner, Sci-fi, Teppan Edo, and late dessert at BOG plus Illumintaions cruise reservations. While I'm doing that at 3 am the fresh cinnamon buns will be rising on the kitchen counter for Christmas morning.

I'm tired just thinking about that! Hope you get everything you're wishing for!

Going June 1-9 with my parents and my two sisters' families for a Grand Celebration - 15 of us total. My parents and my family are staying at BCV and my sisters and their crews are staying at AKV (Kidani). Took pretty much all of our 2017 and 2018 points, but worth it. Besides, 2019 is the next target date with SW Land opening.......

It is our 20th Anniversary and my parents' 50th Anniversary! Got the Chef's Table at V&A's on the 5th and have a MK Fireworks Cruise on our actual day on the 6th. It is also the first trip for all my nieces and nephews! I think I have planned out a good balance of together activities and separate/alone time to keep everyone sane. :)

Going June 1-9 with my parents and my two sisters' families for a Grand Celebration - 15 of us total. My parents and my family are staying at BCV and my sisters and their crews are staying at AKV (Kidani). Took pretty much all of our 2017 and 2018 points, but worth it. Besides, 2019 is the next target date with SW Land opening.......

It is our 20th Anniversary and my parents' 50th Anniversary! Got the Chef's Table at V&A's on the 5th and have a MK Fireworks Cruise on our actual day on the 6th. It is also the first trip for all my nieces and nephews! I think I have planned out a good balance of together activities and separate/alone time to keep everyone sane. :)

Alright you're in, sounds like quite the celebration! There's quite a few of us going at that same time so hopefully we all get favorable weather and sane crowds!

I love this thread! Please add us!
June 16-30 Grand Floridian (Me, DH, DD17)
We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary three days before the 30th anniversary the GF!
Two weeks at GF??????? HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I KNOW!! We are SO excited and have been looking forward to this trip for a long time!!!

I love this thread! Please add us!
June 16-30 Grand Floridian (Me, DH, DD17)
We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary three days before the 30th anniversary the GF!

Wow well, you're in! Hope you have a fabulous anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!