***Official June 2018***

Y'all, my DH is so cute about Disney. Last year was his second trip ever, and his first in 35 years. He has social anxiety and deals with some other issues so he kind of avoided going to Disney for awhile, even though it is my favorite place! My parents were usually my travel companions (along with my boys once they came along). Anyway, my husband has now become one of the biggest Disney fans, and we bought into DVC after our return from our trip last June.

He goes around the house, making comments about how he is sooo ready to go back and today he posted our countdown on his FB page. I am so happy it worked out this way, but I also think its so cute! LOL

I wish I could love this post!! I have enjoyed reading your trip reports, you have a very beautiful family!! I understand on the social anxiety as I take care of my parents and my mother has developed that in the last couple of years.

7am EST!!
and it was a HOT mess...ugh....

I had a plan - a well laid out, not too difficult plan and it did not go so well....my first day I wanted a 7DMT FP+ at 9am or kinda early - first available...2:30pm! YIKES!

BUT, I found if I just booked the ones I wanted within a time sorta around what I had planned out I could then go back and change the times to more closely match my plans

and I almost got everything i wanted in the time slot I wanted - and if it wasn't 100% perfect then I got the 3 rides I wanted but the order was little mixed up but still worked!

GOOD LUCK!!

I had the same experience with trying to get the times and order of rides I wanted for our group of 6, but it all pretty much worked out. I was really surprised I could get some of the most important ones. Disappointed TSMM did not have the fp option, but if Toy Story Land isn't open this trip, that just gives me an excuse to book another trip, right?!?

Day 1
Check into POR 3-4pm (DH, DS2, both GF's, and I driving from SC and DS1 driving from Florida- both trips take about 6 hours)
Dinner at Boatwright's at 6:15
Get our reusable mugs
Get military tickets activated at park or DS

Day 2
DS2's 18th birthday
MK Day
Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:25
FP BTMRR 9:55
FP Splash Mt. 11:05
Lunch at BoG at 1:10
FP 7DMT 2:25
Dinner Pecos Bill's

Day 3
HS Day
Breakfast at Riverside Mills
FP RnR 10:30
FP ToT 11:40
Lunch at Sc-fi at 12:45
FP Indiana Jones 2:45
Dinner at Fairfax fare

Day 4
Non-park day
Breakfast at Boma at 9:30
Mini golf
Lunch at Riverside Mills or Sassagoula
Swimming at resort
Dinner at Art Smith's Homecomin' at 7:00
Shopping at DS

Day 5
EPCOT Day
FP The Land 9:35
FP Spaceship Earth 11:30
FP Frozen 1:15
Lunch & Dinner are a big ? Maybe snack around the world or one meal in Mexico and one somewhere else.
We've been during F&W or F&G the last 5 trips so I don't know how to eat at EPCOT normally!

Day 6
AK Day
FP Safari 10:35
FP FoP 12:00
Lunch at Yak & Yeti at 1:00
FP Kali River 2:55
Dinner at Pizzafari or Flame Tree
I am so excited to see Pandora, especially at night, and the Tree of Life Awakening and Rivers of Light!

Day 6
Park Hop Day
Breakfast at Capt. Cook's at Poly
Go to whatever parks and do whatever attractions we missed or want to repeat
I knew we were ending at MK so I did book FP's but may change based on where we go in the morning.
I figured if we don't get to everything we want on our 1st MK day we'd save Tomorrowland for this last day.
FP Peter Pan 4:30
Dinner at Tony's at 6:35
FP Buzz 7:30
FP Space Mt. 8:45

Now I'm just waiting on magic bands to arrive so I can decorate!

64 days!! Wow time has flown by! Well right or wrong, good or bad our days are planned out! The only uncertain is what day / time we are leaving! That will depend on DS work schedule for Thursday, June 14th. If he is off or gets off early we will leave that day, drive few hours then stop for night, leave the next morning, pick up DGD and finish trip to condo. Not including Thursday here is our schedule:
Friday, June 15th - travel day

Saturday, June 16th - Disney Springs late lunch/ early dinner T-Rex using Landry's card to get seated.

Sunday, June 17th - Sea World w/ all day dining and express pass

Monday, June 18th - Epcot

Tuesday, June 19th - Clearwater Beach book deep sea fishing, spend time at beach, shop

Wednesday, June 20 - Animal Kingdom

Thursday, June 21 - Magic Kingdom

Friday, June 22 - Gatorland / Condo swim. relax

Saturday, June 23 - Hollywood Studios

Sunday, June 24 - Universal Studios/ Island of Adventures

Monday, June 25 - DH's birthday, pick up cake, relax, Medieval Dinner Theater

Tuesday, June 26 - Magic Kingdom

Wednesday, June 27 - Daytona Beach

Thursday, June 28 - Deep Sea Fishing

Friday, June 29 - Shop, whatever day,

Saturday, June 30 - Travel home day

We planned the dates hoping Toy Story Land would be open but no such luck! Wondering if I should move HS day to a weekday instead of Saturday??!

If DS, DIL & DGS decide to vacation the last week we are there I'm going to meet them on deep sea fishing day to keep DGS (he will be 6 months) so they can go fishing since it is DS 30th birthday. They have friends that have offered their vacation home for them to stay on the other side of Clearwater.

I've set my phone calendar for each 30 day park to book fastpasses and have a list for each park. Hoping some good ones will still be available! It's getting real!!

I wish I could love this post!! I have enjoyed reading your trip reports, you have a very beautiful family!! I understand on the social anxiety as I take care of my parents and my mother has developed that in the last couple of years.
Thank you! And I am sorry to hear your mother is dealing with social anxiety. It can really cause havoc in day to day life!

My DH has always had a "good time" on our previous trips but our 2 boys would tend to fight/argue/bicker with each other on our earlier trips so going to WDW wasn't always the happiest place on Earth but after our trip in 2016 I thought we were taking a break until our youngest DS's graduation trip in 2020 - BUT DH SUGGESTED we go back to WDW this summer!!

You know how happy that made me and the boys and he seems super excited about it!!
I love that!!

Y'all, my DH is so cute about Disney. Last year was his second trip ever, and his first in 35 years. He has social anxiety and deals with some other issues so he kind of avoided going to Disney for awhile, even though it is my favorite place! My parents were usually my travel companions (along with my boys once they came along). Anyway, my husband has now become one of the biggest Disney fans, and we bought into DVC after our return from our trip last June.

He goes around the house, making comments about how he is sooo ready to go back and today he posted our countdown on his FB page. I am so happy it worked out this way, but I also think its so cute! LOL
So sweet!
My oldest DD and my son both have social anxiety issues. Something about Disney makes them both feel "safe" - heck my introvert daughter is going back for her 2nd DCP this summer! And my son has really stepped outside his comfort zone to try new coasters/attractions that he would have normally given a great big NO to previously.
Nice with the DVC-having a "home" to return to definitely makes a difference in comfort zones.

47 days and counting!

Here is our plan of attack:

Sun May 27- DH and I celebrate our 18th anniversary and pack hahah!

Mon May 28- Begin travel - normally stop around Valdosta, may go a little further, depends on how we fair in traffic and how early we get started.

Tues May 29- Arrival Day - If we get out early enough we plan to stop at one of the Character Warehouses on the way in, check in at POR and head over to Epcot, they have emh that night. FP for: Mission Space, Soarin, Spaceship Earth. Tentatively dinner at Liberty Inn, but we will be winging it.

Wed May 30- Magic Kingdom - Late EMH - Breakfast at CRT, FP for: Pirates, Big Thunder and 7 Dwarfs, Dinner Pinocchio Village Haus

Thurs May 31-Hollywood Studios -FP for : Disney Jr (2), Rockin Roller coaster (3), Tower of Terror, and Frozen Sing A Long, Dinner at Whispering Canyon

Fri June 1- Epcot - Breakfast at O'hana, FP for: Frozen Ever After, Turtle Talk, Figment, Dinner, maybe somewhere in the World Showcase or various snackage lol

Sat June 2- Animal Kingdom - FP for : K. Safari, Everest and FOP, Lunch at Flame Tree BBQ

Sun June 3- Check out of POR, Breakfast Bon Voyage at Boardwalk, Check in to Orange Lake, visit Disney Springs and City Walk - wash clothes and get ready for 2nd week!

Mon June 4 - Magic Kingdom, Lunch at BOG, FP for : Buzz, Barnstormer, Peter Pan, may park hop that evening, still up in the air.

Tues June 5 -Animal Kingdom, FP for: Primeval Whirl, Navi RJ, and Fest of Lion King

Wed June 6 - Hollywood Studios , Dinner at 50's Prime Time, FP for: Beauty & Beast show, Star Tours, Little Mermaid

Thurs June 7 - Morning Magic Kingdom with FP for: Enchanted Tales Belle (2), Space Mtn (3), Haunted Mansion, Splash Mtn, will hop over to Animal Kingdom that evening, the kids wanted to do both water rides, so they are hoping for a Kali fp at some point.

Fri June 8 - Late lunch or kitchen sink only at Beaches & Cream, FP for: Test Track, Living with the Land, and Nemo

Sat June 9 - Sad day, we check out of Orange Lake and begin the long drive home.

Kaleidodad and fam will be at WDW June 11-17! Split stay at BLT and Poly, going to all four parks. We got all our Fastpasses this morning, woo hoo!
:smickey:

Kaleidodad and fam will be at WDW June 11-17! Split stay at BLT and Poly, going to all four parks. We got all our Fastpasses this morning, woo hoo!
:smickey:
We are going for the exact same days but staying at Music. I hope you got the FPs that you wanted!!! We did!

We’re fairly happy with our FP selections. Decided to swap our Fantasmic dinner reservation for the Star Wars Dessert Party. Kids are big Star Wars fans plus we’ve done Fantasmic twice in the past. We are only planning one day at HS. Others parks are each getting two days. Then made ADR for 50s Prime Time. Have memories of going there as a kid.

Today was our fast pass day and I wasn’t able to get Flight of Passage for the two days that I wanted it. At first I couldn’t get it for any of our days but then I tried again on another day and was able to get a 6:40pm fp.

I couldn’t get 7 Dwarfs Mine train on the day that I wanted, either. It was a good thing that I had backup plans. I actually like the final plan better than the original. :)

Today was our fast pass day and I wasn’t able to get Flight of Passage for the two days that I wanted it. At first I couldn’t get it for any of our days but then I tried again on another day and was able to get a 6:40pm fp.

I couldn’t get 7 Dwarfs Mine train on the day that I wanted, either. It was a good thing that I had backup plans. I actually like the final plan better than the original. :)

I was kinda undecided on what to do our first night then my son asked if we can go to Animal Kingdom and do Flight of Passage our first evening. This was just before FP day so I was like "uhh maybe, but let's not get our hopes up..." So of course that day, 60 days out, there was absolutely nothing. No surprise there. I was able to get some for later in the week without issue. I ended up refreshing every couple hours or so and ended up finding 2 at the exact perfect time, 4:15 pm. I've never clicked so fast, haha.

I was kinda undecided on what to do our first night then my son asked if we can go to Animal Kingdom and do Flight of Passage our first evening. This was just before FP day so I was like "uhh maybe, but let's not get our hopes up..." So of course that day, 60 days out, there was absolutely nothing. No surprise there. I was able to get some for later in the week without issue. I ended up refreshing every couple hours or so and ended up finding 2 at the exact perfect time, 4:15 pm. I've never clicked so fast, haha.
I was kind of stressed when I couldn't get any FoP fps. I went from planning to get FoP for two days to hoping I could get at least one fp. Thank goodness I was finally able to get it. I think the fact that we arrive on a Tuesday and have a 4 night stay makes it harder to get FoP when we want it.

I was kind of stressed when I couldn't get any FoP fps. I went from planning to get FoP for two days to hoping I could get at least one fp. Thank goodness I was finally able to get it. I think the fact that we arrive on a Tuesday and have a 4 night stay makes it harder to get FoP when we want it.

Yeah I can totally see that. Thankfully people change their plans all the time so frequent checking can be good. Our fall trip is 3 days so I'll be curious to see if we can grab something in high demand.

Yeah I can totally see that. Thankfully people change their plans all the time so frequent checking can be good. Our fall trip is 3 days so I'll be curious to see if we can grab something in high demand.
Ours was 2, then 3, then finally 4 nights with DHS on our 4th day. I'm hoping I'll be able to grab some SDD FPs. Fortunately I will only need 1 or 2 because my oldest doesn't ride coasters at all so he'll do TSMM with one of the adults (probably my DH) and I'll have to see what my youngest wants to do. His fave is Barnstormer and he gets to try out 7DMT this trip and really wants to. But when I showed him a video of SDD he said he did not want to ride that! It certainly cant be any worse than 7DMT...but logic isn't working at this point.

Now that they are inviting so many off site hotels to make fast passes 60 days out it's going to make it even more difficult to get what you want!

Now that they are inviting so many off site hotels to make fast passes 60 days out it's going to make it even more difficult to get what you want!

Honestly I didn't notice any difference. Flight of Passage, Frozen Ever After, and 7 Dwarves have all been notoriously hard to book for a while. Even in HS where there's very few useful FPs there was decent selection for the mornings. I think maybe the only problem would be some times being picked over but it's pretty easy to adjust over time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!