***Official June 2018***

Officially booked a mother/daughter trip at BWV (rented points through a member on these boards) for May 29-June 5!
I'm waiting until Christmas to surprise DD that we're going. It's going to be so hard to not tell her and I'll have to plan in secret until then. :goodvibes

That sounds amazing! I wish I could surprise my son like that but it never works. Beach Club is on my short list of places to swap to at 7 months, maybe we'll see ya around International Gateway :)

Have not officially booked yet but leaning towards June 13 ish for at least a week. First summer time visit for the four of us, DH, DD will be 15, DS will be 12. We are Thanksgiving week die-hards but school schedules won't allow that anymore. I was also thinking about changing up our resort but everyone LOVES the Pop so shooting for our home resort again, some things are just tradition.

Would love input on water parks, November is too cold!!

June 2-9 for us! We are renting points for a studio at AKL KIDANI! the whole process was super easy and the company we worked with was great! It will be 4 of us myself, husband, and 2 girls ages, 2 and 7! It will have been, 2 June's ago since we last went when our youngest was a baby! So excited to start planning!!

Have not officially booked yet but leaning towards June 13 ish for at least a week. First summer time visit for the four of us, DH, DD will be 15, DS will be 12. We are Thanksgiving week die-hards but school schedules won't allow that anymore. I was also thinking about changing up our resort but everyone LOVES the Pop so shooting for our home resort again, some things are just tradition.

Somehow I missed your post, welcome! I don't have any info about water parks but I'm sure others do.

June 2-9 for us! We are renting points for a studio at AKL KIDANI! the whole process was super easy and the company we worked with was great! It will be 4 of us myself, husband, and 2 girls ages, 2 and 7! It will have been, 2 June's ago since we last went when our youngest was a baby! So excited to start planning!!

Welcome! Those are roughly my dates as well, it'll be so awesome for your 2 year old to meet some characters!

Welcome! Those are roughly my dates as well, it'll be so awesome for your 2 year old to meet some characters!
I'm super excited to see that! Mickey mouse is her favorite and if course last time she was too young to remember meeting him!

I'm super excited to see that! Mickey mouse is her favorite and if course last time she was too young to remember meeting him!

First stop Talking Mickey? I still haven't done that meet and greet yet and I keep hearing about how cool it is.

Hi everyone. We just booked 6/25-7/5. It will be myself, my DH and our 11 year old daughter. This will be our 4th trip and will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. We typically go in October but with our daughter in middle school we deciddd to do a summer trip this time.

We've been to both, and while we really liked BB, TL is far and away our favorite. You absolutely canNOT beat that wavepool, Crushin' Gusher and Miss Adventure Falls are absolutely awesome, the theming is gorgeous, and MINI DONUTS!!! Seriously, if you try them you'll know what I mean.

That said, if your kiddos are heavier into thrills, BB is probably the better choice as it focuses more on fast slides.

Either way, both lazy rivers are fabulous, and no matter what, you'll have a great time. :beach:

Joining! Booked our flights today for 21st June to 7th of July, staying at SSR.

HappyGrape / June 21 -July 7 / SSR / group of 3 (DH and ds age 11)

Traveling from Ireland this will be 4th trip to WDW. We did DisneyLand California this year and LA San Dieogo and many years ago we also did DisneLand Paris
2013 August - 3 week offiste
2014 October SSR & HRH 16 days
2016 October CBR

We had October 2018 booked, however when I looked into it we can't really go at that time. I love October weather food and wine and Halloween/Christmas decoration but what can you do, school takes priority! This morning I found out that there is no way we can go October next year. I managed to book flight for June and change our SSR dates!

I am worried for some comments I read about non stop rain in June, that is the busiest time of the year and it could be very hot. But also - days will be long, both water parks open, MK won't be closing at 7. I have read so much for October and had planned to re use old plans!

Last edited:
Tentative plans for first week (or two) of June. We became AP holders this summer thanks to a kiddo in the college program. My husband said (as we upgraded tickets on last day of August trip) "I guess this means we are coming back next summer too?":rotfl: We own a timeshare so will likely have at least a week offsite at a Marriott resort, and if I can talk him into it: 4-6 days onsite to start. We did that in June 2015 and worked well for us. No way can we take more than 5-6 days in same room, but suites/DVC 1 bedrooms are rather expensive! We did rent a studio at SSR in august and really enjoyed the resort. Hoping for some AP discounts before official booking.

We are going for Thanksgiving week this year for first time ever! Any tips? We are staying offsite, and with multiple trips planned not too concerned with hard to get ADR or FP+'s....But it has been on my bucket list to do MK on Thanksgiving day-plan to be there well before rope drop and leave around noonish...

Joining! Booked our flights today for 21st June to 7th of July, staying at SSR.

HappyGrape / June 21 -July 7 / SSR / group of 3 (DH and ds age 11)

Traveling from Ireland this will be 4th trip to WDW. We did DisneyLand California this year and LA San Dieogo and many years ago we also did DisneLand Paris
2013 August - 3 week offiste
2014 October SSR & HRH 16 days
2016 October CBR

We had October 2018 booked, however when I looked into it we can't really go at that time. I love October weather food and wine and Halloween/Christmas decoration but what can you do, school takes priority! This morning I found out that there is no way we can go October next year. I managed to book flight for June and change our SSR dates!

I am worried for some comments I read about non stop rain in June, that is the busiest time of the year and it could be very hot. But also - days will be long, both water parks open, MK won't be closing at 7. I have read so much for October and had planned to re use old plans!

You slipped in under the radar, sorry for not catching you sooner. This October will be our last for a while since my son will be entering Jr high (Grades 7 and 8) next year. I think it will be more hot than you may be accustomed to but there's great tips all over the Dis to help! And it sounds like we have a few June veterans as well. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Tentative plans for first week (or two) of June. We became AP holders this summer thanks to a kiddo in the college program. My husband said (as we upgraded tickets on last day of August trip) "I guess this means we are coming back next summer too?":rotfl: We own a timeshare so will likely have at least a week offsite at a Marriott resort, and if I can talk him into it: 4-6 days onsite to start. We did that in June 2015 and worked well for us. No way can we take more than 5-6 days in same room, but suites/DVC 1 bedrooms are rather expensive! We did rent a studio at SSR in august and really enjoyed the resort. Hoping for some AP discounts before official booking.

I added you to the list but I forgot to tell you welcome! So welcome aboard!

June 10-16/Beach Club Villa/Family of 4

Welcome aboard!

We are going for Thanksgiving week this year for first time ever! Any tips? We are staying offsite, and with multiple trips planned not too concerned with hard to get ADR or FP+'s....But it has been on my bucket list to do MK on Thanksgiving day-plan to be there well before rope drop and leave around noonish...

I would say that sounds like a perfect plan for Thanksgiving day, it gets a little crazy in the afternoon, eve. If you're not worried about the hard to get stuff you won't be disappointed, we like to do Sorcerers of the MK when lines get too long. And my daughter always has to have a turkey leg on Thanksgiving!!

Just booked the other morning for a split stay BC/CR , June 23 to June 30th!! BC will be new for us and we can't wait for CR again. Last trip was in 2014 so we are eager to get back at the end of the school year!!

Okay, here is an officially unofficial update:

WHO: Me, DW, DS15, DD10 (ages as of travel date)
WHEN: June 1-10, 2018
WHERE: Staying offsite at a Windsor Hills condo
TENTATIVE ITINERARY:
6/1 - Flying in to MCO out of Dallas Love Field. Time TBA. Renting a car. Dinner and shopping as Disney Springs if there is time.
6/2 - MK day. DD will probably do BBB. QS Lunch at Pinocchio's. Dinner most likely offsite or at condo (full kitchen ya know)
6/3 - EPCOT day. Not going to miss Soarin' this time. Afraid the kids might get bored with WS (other than the Frozen ride,) so I'm considering taking them back to the condo and hiring KNO to watch them while DW and I return to WS for a grown-up date night. Might make an ADR somewhere nice for dinner.
6/4 - HS day. This big 49 yr old kid will of course have to see and do all the Star Wars stuff (that he's not too old for:teeth:) Lunch at Pizza Rizzo's or somewhere. Must do the Chase Visa Star Wars character meet. Can't wait to ride ToT again!! Dinner most likely offsite or at condo.
6/5 - AK day. See all the cool new Avatar stuff possible. Didn't spend a full day here last time but we will definitely stay longer this time. Kids want Rainforest Cafe so we'll probably ADR that for dinner, then leave.
6/6 - MK again. It always takes two days to get everything in that we want here. Been thinking about trying to eat at BOG, but not sure the kids will like the food.
6/7 - USO/IOA day. Our first time here. I think we'll spend this day trying to see and do all the Harry Potter stuff in both parks.
6/8 - USO/IOA/VB day. Do anything we might have missed before. We might try to work in some time at VB as well.
6/9 - Make the long drive to Legoland. The kids love the Lego discovery center in our neck of the woods, so they want to do the real deal now. May have to find lunch elsewhere because I gather that Legoland food is horrible.
6/10 - Head to MCO and turn in rental car. Catch flight and return to Texas and "Face stupid reality again!" - Homer J. Simpson

Update time again. There will be a few changes, and probably more down the road as I peruse the available crowd calendars...

6/2 - Not sure DD will still want to do BBB. She recently told me what she wants to be for Halloween this year: Not a princess, but a sabre-toothed tiger! Don't know where she got such an idea, but she may be cooling it a little on her princess mania. We'll just have to see. Can't wait to try online ordering at Pinocchio's!
6/6 - I've pretty much decided against BOG. Instead, I want to do breakfast at Ohana. I think we'll walk from TTC to Poly and after we eat we can ride the monorail to MK. The kids will finally get to meet Mickey!
6/7 - I've heard Legoland is huge with locals and gets extra busy on the weekends, so we may do Legoland today instead of USO.
6/8 - Possible new USO/IOA day
6/9 - Possible new USO/IOA day #2. I'm debating on whether I even want to mess with VB. If the pool upgrades are finished at WH, the kids may be happy with that as far as fun in the water.

Another development that may make this trip interesting: I learned that, quite coincidentally, DS's marching band is planning on making a trip to Orlando about the same week we are! DS will not enjoy a 20+hr bus ride, nor will he be able to share a hotel room with 3 other boys, so he will not be joining them on the trip. However, if we can arrange to be at the same park as his team's scheduled performance (once their schedule is finalized) he may still get to play with his band. It would then be a question of who would be in charge of transporting his instrument and uniform. Of course, we'll be flying Southwest, with their awesome 2 free checked bags per passenger, so I don't think it will be a problem. Another one for the Wait-and-see-what-happens pile.

242 days to go!!!!:yay:

We are finally official. Our DVC contract closed a few weeks ago and we got our member number and points a little over a week ago. We booked immediately for Sun 6/3-Thurs 6/7. Just a short mostly resort only trip with one MK day (Tues June 5). We plan to hit Top of the World Lounge one night to view HEA, Sanaa one night (my DH's fave of last trip), Hoop Dee Doo, WCC for breakfast one morning (we did dinner this year), Disney Springs, rent a water craft possibly, pool time, the campfire/movie one night possibly and just checking out the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!