***Official June 2018***

Welp, we got back yesterday afternoon, and I'm back at work today. Folks, it is NOT magical. :sad:

Had SUCH a great trip. I'll second what everyone has said about crowds and weather and such: all manageable. We did lots of new stuff this time, got some nice pixie dust during the YC portion of the trip (Garden View with King bed!!! rollaway for the kiddo!), and are exceedingly grateful to Roxyfire and her awesome son for joining us on my son's inaugural RnR ride (spoiler alert: he LOVED it!!).

Because we're going on my son's 8th grade Europe trip in 2020, a VERY expensive prospect, we weren't planning to go back to Disney next June. But as we were walking World Showcase the day before our return, I said to DS, "I can't skip next year. I want to come back." He said, "You know, I'd be okay with staying at Hotel Crazypants (Pop) for a week if that's what we can afford."

So we're going back.

Disney Addiction: The Struggle is Real. :rotfl:

No Disney-ish greeting when we checked in to All Star Music. Told them on the reservation that it’s our first visit. Told the CM that at check in. He didn’t even say welcome or anything. Didn’t offer First Visit buttons. Didn’t ask if we were celebrating anything special.
Most CMs are different here. Like it’s more of a drudgery job clocking in and clocking out. Not even saying hello or anything. This was with many CMs over 3 days so far at 2 parks. By and large, though, it’s better at MK than at Epcot. Got First Visit buttons at the Emporium on Main Street on Sunday. It wasn’t until yesterday morning (after being here 4 days) that any CM acknowledged it (an All Star Music lifeguard who we were walking past)
That stinks. One of the things that makes WDW so special for us is the CMs. On this trip, we only went to MK one day and did the resort the rest of the time but all the resort CMs were spectacular and the boat captains were so wonderful. We definitely left some cast compliments.

We leave on Sunday and I have lots to do between now and then so I’m hoping the time passes quickly. I can’t believe we are this close to our trip.

Welp, we got back yesterday afternoon, and I'm back at work today. Folks, it is NOT magical. :sad:

Had SUCH a great trip. I'll second what everyone has said about crowds and weather and such: all manageable. We did lots of new stuff this time, got some nice pixie dust during the YC portion of the trip (Garden View with King bed!!! rollaway for the kiddo!), and are exceedingly grateful to Roxyfire and her awesome son for joining us on my son's inaugural RnR ride (spoiler alert: he LOVED it!!).

Because we're going on my son's 8th grade Europe trip in 2020, a VERY expensive prospect, we weren't planning to go back to Disney next June. But as we were walking World Showcase the day before our return, I said to DS, "I can't skip next year. I want to come back." He said, "You know, I'd be okay with staying at Hotel Crazypants (Pop) for a week if that's what we can afford."

So we're going back.

Disney Addiction: The Struggle is Real. :rotfl:

Well I hope that's the first of many rides! It's so cool that Europe is on the docket for an 8th grade trip, I had to wait until high school for that one! I don't know what they do here but I expect it'll be on the same lines as Six Flags or maybe the state capital (Springfield IL). At any rate, I'm glad we got to meet up and you guys had a fabulous time. See ya around next year!

Well I hope that's the first of many rides! It's so cool that Europe is on the docket for an 8th grade trip, I had to wait until high school for that one! I don't know what they do here but I expect it'll be on the same lines as Six Flags or maybe the state capital (Springfield IL). At any rate, I'm glad we got to meet up and you guys had a fabulous time. See ya around next year!
We rope dropped it two more times, the second ride happening the morning we left. They let us wait and get the front car, which DS just LOVED. I think we've created an addict. :thumbsup2

We check in tomorrow and I just got a phone call from Disney offering me the $10/night (minus one night) deal for declining housekeeping. I politely declined the offer because I have 4 kids and I'm on vacation!!! The CM then said that everything in my online check-in looked good so I should be able to go directly to my room when they text me my room number.

We check in tomorrow and I just got a phone call from Disney offering me the $10/night (minus one night) deal for declining housekeeping. I politely declined the offer because I have 4 kids and I'm on vacation!!! The CM then said that everything in my online check-in looked good so I should be able to go directly to my room when they text me my room number.
Wow they are calling now? Was offered at check in, as hadn't received room number at 4 pm, and I took it. But we stayed at cabins in FW so much more space to spread out in, plus kids are older and know they have to pick up after themselves. Did have daily "cabin checks" as the guy who came daily corrected me when I called them security checks.

Hope those arriving soon have fabulous trips! We are on road back home now.

Wow they are calling now? Was offered at check in, as hadn't received room number at 4 pm, and I took it. But we stayed at cabins in FW so much more space to spread out in, plus kids are older and know they have to pick up after themselves. Did have daily "cabin checks" as the guy who came daily corrected me when I called them security checks.

Hope those arriving soon have fabulous trips! We are on road back home now.

I hadn't heard of people being called either. I'm wondering if maybe they're now calling the people who qualify for direct-to-room check-in since they won't have to go to the front desk at all and may not be aware of the program. I almost didn't answer the phone because I didn't recognize the number.

We just got home last night from an AMAZING trip! It was so much better than I expected and we made so many awesome memories! Got to unpack, do laundry, grocery shopping, and download all the pictures, but I'll eventually get on here and do a trip report. Hope the rest of you June trippers have as much fun as we did!

Just got back late last night. It was a fun week. Took a ton of photos and I'm definitely going to do a trip report. I've started laundry and now have regular life stuff to take care of like going back to work tomorrow! I'm glad that we have a day off before DH & I have to return to work. My feet are sore.

For those doing trip reports please be sure to post link here so I can follow!
We are a few hours from home. Will be glad to be back. I loved our two week trip in 2015, which also included Universal, but it seemed too long this time, maybe because we've been so much to Disney this past year? Still had a ton of fun, and several new to us experiences. And we still have August trip, although that may end up just being me and son or me and DH (and maybe son), to get older DD and drive home with her. If we do two weeks next June my ideal would be a few days at Universal (we have APs there), few days at beach then a cruise of five days...

We got home last night from 9 nights/10 days, and we had a great time! Made several changes to our plan as we went, a few things didn't work out the way I expected, but its all good. We stayed offsite for the first time (Windsor Palms) and it worked out really well for us. The weather was much better (drier) than I expected, as we have been accompanied by a tropical storm for all 4 of our previous early June trips. Crowds weren't horrible, we only waited more than 30 minutes for FoP--we were planning to get in line right before closing, but we had done all 4 parks and rented a surrey bike at the Boardwalk in one day, and we were just done. We got in line at 9:15, posted wait of 2 hours, and we waited a few minutes over that. They kept making an announcement that they were having technical difficulties with a couple of the linking rooms, and when we got to the loading area, they were using 3 out of the 6. I normally wouldn't have gotten in a 2-hour line for anyone, but my DS17 has always disliked AK, and this is the one thing he asked to do again there. Besides, it was our last ride of a VERY long day, and we had nothing else better to do except go sleep :) Everything else was 30 minutes or less. We came across a few great CMs but no bad or grouchy ones.

I may do a trip report, not sure. Now to get ready for work...

I'm glad to see so many people having a great time thus far in June! For those of you yet to go, I'm insanely jealous and living vicariously through you! Sadly I have already been pricing flights and disney springs hotels and I really shouldn't be since we're going in October. I do really wish we had gotten a chance to see Toy Story Land. But oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes!

I'm glad to see so many people having a great time thus far in June! For those of you yet to go, I'm insanely jealous and living vicariously through you! I do really wish we had gotten a chance to see Toy Story Land. But oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes!
What she said. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Been back for 5 days. We went 6/9-6/15. It did rain some, but never lasted too long and never ruined our plans. We had a great time, 1st time with our granddaughter (almost 1) she loved the characters and did really well. Crowds were surprisingly very manageable, still lengthy waits for attractions. Did well with rope drop and FPs. Refillable popcorn bucket saved us some money, we all love to snack on popcorn. Cheap ponchos are great for Splash and Kali. We got lucky and snagged a 4th FP for TSM on the last day it was open.

We went back to the resort after our TS lunch every day, which really kept us from overheating. Had some great waiters/waitress. We enjoyed all our meals (RFC, LTT, VN, SciF, Plaza, Tusker B, Y&Y) Then went back out in the evening.

Don’t forget to drink lots of water, DH was just drinking coffee and soda and started feeling ill (aching all over, tired) he stayed at the resort Wednesday and Thursday evenings. I made him drink lots of water and he felt better by Friday.

I didn’t encounter any rude guests, everyone was being polite. DD and SIL did see a few rude guests though. CMs were fine but not super friendly.

Buses were okay most of the time, buses were not great at a Sports but not horrible either.

Opted out for housekeeping and got a $60 E gift card. That was nice.

Was not pleased with Memory maker this time, but if we go again with granddaughter will probably give it another try.

Trying to wait until 2021 to go back, will see if we can wait that long!!!
I already miss Mickey :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Got back late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. We had a great trip and my kids loved Flight of Passage. The only rudeness we encountered was a TSA agent at MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter