***Official June 2019***

A friend of mine and I are going October 24 - 27 for her birthday. I was REALLY hoping it would open AFTER we were there. I cannot even begin to imagine the chaos that's going to ensue when it 1) opens and 2) opens with only ONE ride and 3) opens with only one ride and NO FPs. Frankly, I'd stay away from HS altogether on that trip, but unfortunately RnR is her FAVORITE and she's jonesing to ride SDD. Shoot me...

We are booked June 8th thru 14th. First visit for my DH and DS (will be 8). We are staying at the All Star Sports.

(We were originally scheduled for next week. We canceled due to my job and having to make sure company taxes were complete. We booked for DL for the June 8-14, but switched back yesterday to WDW due to star wars opening.

Ever get that feeling when your kids watch so many Disney movie that you just want to go to WDW? Then someone in your office goes to WDW and you feel like now you need to go? Well that's what happened to me this week... and I am wicked excited! But then I ran into the dreaded "I don't want to go" from DH. My initial reaction was "What do you mean you don't wan't to go?" But then i said "Meh, no biggie you can be replaced"... and that's just what I did. In his defense we are planning a huge relocation for his job so we have the whole selling of the houses (our and my parents because we do things in a pack of 6) thing, finding a new house in a state we have visited only once thing, and all the nerves that come along with getting a new job thing. For him the timing is just bad. For me, it's a vacation and I will ALWAYS make it work. With all that said, traveling will be me, my 3.5 year old son, my 18 month old daughter, and my 65 year old dad (my mom said no to going also because she hates boarding the dog *excuses*). I am very excited to take my dad (he is retiring April 30th) and the kids on this trip. Fingers crossed I can handle 3 kids lol.

So far I have only booked the airfare because literally with the accidental refreshing of the screen the price jumped $20 per person. I wanted to grab it while I could and I can deal with changes later if needed. Since my husband is military I am going to use my dependent spouse benefit and stay at Shades. We stayed there in 2016 and loved it. Can't beat the price and the size of the rooms. Dates are June 1-8. Now I have to get the park hoppers and wait for fast pass window to open. That will be soon, right?

I am hoping, going mid June before free dining, if people move their trips, it is during the FD window and doesn't impact us. The people who are all over everything SWGE probably weren't planning a June trip anyway.
Anyone concerned the August opening of SWGE is gonna have people canceling and rescheduling for June?!? I’m seeing a lot of people canceling their Sep trips.

Anyone concerned the August opening of SWGE is gonna have people canceling and rescheduling for June?!? I’m seeing a lot of people canceling their Sep trips.
I don’t know about June. I think it will probably be a mix of people postponing to see it and others going earlier to avoid crowds.
Before the announcement, I was looking at splitting my trip into a short flower and garden trip and to see Illuminations for my last time and then go longer later in the year, but I’m afraid crowds might be too much.

Ever get that feeling when your kids watch so many Disney movie that you just want to go to WDW? Then someone in your office goes to WDW and you feel like now you need to go? Well that's what happened to me this week... and I am wicked excited! But then I ran into the dreaded "I don't want to go" from DH. My initial reaction was "What do you mean you don't wan't to go?" But then i said "Meh, no biggie you can be replaced"... and that's just what I did. In his defense we are planning a huge relocation for his job so we have the whole selling of the houses (our and my parents because we do things in a pack of 6) thing, finding a new house in a state we have visited only once thing, and all the nerves that come along with getting a new job thing. For him the timing is just bad. For me, it's a vacation and I will ALWAYS make it work. With all that said, traveling will be me, my 3.5 year old son, my 18 month old daughter, and my 65 year old dad (my mom said no to going also because she hates boarding the dog *excuses*). I am very excited to take my dad (he is retiring April 30th) and the kids on this trip. Fingers crossed I can handle 3 kids lol.

So far I have only booked the airfare because literally with the accidental refreshing of the screen the price jumped $20 per person. I wanted to grab it while I could and I can deal with changes later if needed. Since my husband is military I am going to use my dependent spouse benefit and stay at Shades. We stayed there in 2016 and loved it. Can't beat the price and the size of the rooms. Dates are June 1-8. Now I have to get the park hoppers and wait for fast pass window to open. That will be soon, right?

We leave get there June 8th and our FP opens on April 9th.

Hi! Joining in - long time reader, first time poster :). Me, DH, DD5, and DD2 will be at the Grand Floridian June 9-14th. Originally we were going to wait for Galaxy's Edge and go in 2020 but decided to take advantage of DD being under 3. I'm happy to be joining along!

Welcome to the group! That's a good plan, and you could always upgrade to Annual Passes if you plan to come back within a year.

We are booked June 8th thru 14th. First visit for my DH and DS (will be 8). We are staying at the All Star Sports.

(We were originally scheduled for next week. We canceled due to my job and having to make sure company taxes were complete. We booked for DL for the June 8-14, but switched back yesterday to WDW due to star wars opening.

Welcome! It stinks you had to cancel your much closer trip but at least you have something else on the horizon. I'm a huge star wars fan but I think it's a good idea to wait a bit so I definitely can't blame you for avoiding it in Disneyland.

Well it might be a challenge but I'm betting you'll have a great time anyway! I bet your dad will do a great job of helping out too. And yeah I would get those tickets as soon as you can, I think your window would probably open on April 1st or close to it. Good luck!

I spoke too soon on my plan to stay the week at SOG. When I went to book, the 3rd and 4th were completely sold out. I booked 5-8 and was put on a wait list for the first part of the week. In a panic I called WDW reservations and went with Beach Club Club level for the first few days. It's way more than I was expecting to pay for lodging but if course it sounds and looks amazing. Now I don't know if I should take the rest of the week at BC, move to another Disney property, or just keeps things the way they are. I'm also debating the quick service dining plan. I know there are tons of threads on dining plans but in a nut shell, can I order any entree or is it limited to a certain amount or item? My kids are little and super picky but they like to snack instead of eat meals other than mac and cheese.

I can't decide if it will be more crowded in June now that they announced GE, or less. There are definitely two groups of people. Those who will wait for it and those who want to beat it. Will all of us wanting to avoid the crowds actually make it more crowded? :rotfl2:Oh well, our plans are set. I am glad to be going to WDW this summer instead of DLR though. I like to let everyone else figure out the strategies on these things. I just stood back and watched the Cars Land craziness and this will be worse. I'm still trying to figure out a strategy for Pandora and AK since that is new since we've been and AK closed at 6pm last time we went. Our FPs open on June 19th at 4am!!!! Yikes! Another change from last time. Last time I got to make them the night before at 9pm. So sad this got changed!

I spoke too soon on my plan to stay the week at SOG. When I went to book, the 3rd and 4th were completely sold out. I booked 5-8 and was put on a wait list for the first part of the week. In a panic I called WDW reservations and went with Beach Club Club level for the first few days. It's way more than I was expecting to pay for lodging but if course it sounds and looks amazing. Now I don't know if I should take the rest of the week at BC, move to another Disney property, or just keeps things the way they are. I'm also debating the quick service dining plan. I know there are tons of threads on dining plans but in a nut shell, can I order any entree or is it limited to a certain amount or item? My kids are little and super picky but they like to snack instead of eat meals other than mac and cheese.

With a dining plan you can order any entree on it but I would say if you're doing a Club level stay it's probably a bit overkill. I'm also admittedly not a big fan of dining plans because it doesn't really have that flexibility if you decide one day you want to skip a meal or eat at a table service (for example if you do quick serve plan).

If your kids aren't going to eat the meals consistently and just want snacks or share then you probably are a lot better off just going out of pocket. One thing you could do to budget is put a set amount on a disney gift card and then spend that first. They have a lot of those snackpacks at some quick serve places and those sound perfect for kids who just want snacky type foods. "small smoothie, apple wedges, carrot sticks, cheese crackers, apple-cinnamon snack bar and choice of small lowfat milk or small bottled water $6.19" is what is listed in it. I would even buy one for myself to snack on if I wanted something easy to carry around. But if they dont' like one or two of the items it might be better just to get a big pretzel or some popcorn too.

I can't decide if it will be more crowded in June now that they announced GE, or less. There are definitely two groups of people. Those who will wait for it and those who want to beat it. Will all of us wanting to avoid the crowds actually make it more crowded? :rotfl2:Oh well, our plans are set. I am glad to be going to WDW this summer instead of DLR though. I like to let everyone else figure out the strategies on these things. I just stood back and watched the Cars Land craziness and this will be worse. I'm still trying to figure out a strategy for Pandora and AK since that is new since we've been and AK closed at 6pm last time we went. Our FPs open on June 19th at 4am!!!! Yikes! Another change from last time. Last time I got to make them the night before at 9pm. So sad this got changed!

Thankfully there's a lot out there on Pandora. Also don't forget Toy Story land is open now too! If you're interested in either, I would try to make those Fastpasses for later in your trip and work backwards. Flight of Passage is the one in Pandora that has the long wait. Depending on whether you have hoppers or not you could also plan to go over to Pandora one evening and see how it looks at night which is totally different. I would also prefer making fastpasses at night but I get why the made the change.

Roxyfire- I think you are so right in saying the QSDP will be over kill. I took a look at some menus and did a rough estimate of what we would order and spend and I agree it would be hard to spend the $128(ish) dollars a day for the plan. Great idea about the gift cards. In fact I just found one in my wallet from our 2016 trip that still have $69 on it! Score. Thanks for the suggestions.

Roxyfire- I think you are so right in saying the QSDP will be over kill. I took a look at some menus and did a rough estimate of what we would order and spend and I agree it would be hard to spend the $128(ish) dollars a day for the plan. Great idea about the gift cards. In fact I just found one in my wallet from our 2016 trip that still have $69 on it! Score. Thanks for the suggestions.

Great start! I know the dining plan can be helpful in some situations but it sounds like for you it might just be more stuff to deal with. If you decide to stick with club level, you may find that they will be happy with some of the breakfast and snack offerings there.

Good idea about making FPs for the end of the trip first. I'll try for FOP first. Guess I should get up at 3:50 am so I can get logged in and be ready to go by 4. And, I guess we better give Slinky Dog a try at least once. It kind of looks like Gadget's Go Coaster but since we don't get to WDW often, I like to try whatever I can.

Good idea about making FPs for the end of the trip first. I'll try for FOP first. Guess I should get up at 3:50 am so I can get logged in and be ready to go by 4. And, I guess we better give Slinky Dog a try at least once. It kind of looks like Gadget's Go Coaster but since we don't get to WDW often, I like to try whatever I can.

I'm not familiar with that ride but it could be similar. I've been on it a couple times and it's very fun especially if someone is not big into crazy rollercoasters. We rode it at night which made it seem a bit more thrilling. The wait time ends up being a little more reasonable at the end of the night as well vs first thing in the morning.

The Barnstormer is pretty much Gadget's Go Coaster.

101 days - almost to double digits!

I keep checking the DVC website every day, just for fun (yes, I admit I have a problem haha), and all of a sudden the first two nights of our trip popped up at CCV, and there is a lake view available at BLT the first night. We've never stayed at either but want to try them. I'm really tempted! We are going to MK that first day so either would be more convenient than AKV (what we currently have booked the first 6 nights). What to do?? If we do change the first night or two, then which resort do we pick? I really just need to stay off that website!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter