*** Official June 2020 ***

Not sure if any of you are on the Rumors board at all, but a few people have reported that CMs have told them that the reason they are not taking June reservations is because they are at capacity. So some are starting to speculate that this means that they may try to open at some point in June and already have the numbers they figure they can manage. Now I know phone CMs aren't always the most reliable, but there have been multiple reports of CMs using the same wording, so maybe a bit of truth to it. Fingers crossed!!

Not sure if any of you are on the Rumors board at all, but a few people have reported that CMs have told them that the reason they are not taking June reservations is because they are at capacity. So some are starting to speculate that this means that they may try to open at some point in June and already have the numbers they figure they can manage. Now I know phone CMs aren't always the most reliable, but there have been multiple reports of CMs using the same wording, so maybe a bit of truth to it. Fingers crossed!!
Well, a dream is a wish your heart makes and my dream isn't dead quite yet! LOL

I am still holding out hope. I did start planning a national parks vacation as a back up, so that I won't be too disappointed if Disney doesn't work for us this year.

This is my speculation. First June is not off the table and Disney is still hoping and trying. If June was off the table they would have told us a long time ago because Disney is not inconsiderate. Second if they can not open by June 21st-ish they will not open until after July 4th. I do not see them in anyway opening the week of July 4th as the first week open with no previous weeks experience to build off of.

My biggest worry is Disney does not want to worry about the debate around 4th of July fireworks and will stay closed to avoid it.

This is my speculation. First June is not off the table and Disney is still hoping and trying. If June was off the table they would have told us a long time ago because Disney is not inconsiderate.
I don't know if it's a matter of Disney being inconsiderate, but I do think they are still very unsure.

I was originally booked for May 2-10 and it was around the 15th of April that Disney began officially cancelling reservations/refunding tickets/removing dining, etc for dates in may. So the official cancellation came about 2 1/2 weeks before my reservation was slated to begin. If they are going to cancel, then the announcements will probably start in the next few days.

May was cancelled on a rolling basis, with stays in the first 10 days getting cancelled at once, then another phase about a week later for the next 10ish days and so on. This is all just an FYI from my experience with my May trip. There is a chance that they've only stopped reservations for June because they're at capacity, but I wanted to give you an insight on timing if you weren't aware of how they had been sending the cancellations out.

Yes I was aware which is why tomorrow or Thursday is such a big day. It could result in the cancellation of the first week in June.

If they keep the initial crowds lower, could they not do what SDL is doing and put placemarkers on the ground where you can stand to watch the fireworks? For me, no fireworks isn't a dealbreaker, but they could still have them if they wanted to!

This gives me such hope! We have a small convention (think fewer than fifty people in meetings, plus their families at a dessert party one night and banquet another) scheduled for June 20-23. Disney's convention coordinator keeps insisting to our association's event coordinator that this will happen, and we are contractually bound to continue with our plans. She has said we will be part of a "soft opening". If this also doesn't include the parks, there will be some unhappy families! The association had to send lists of which people could be seated together. I made backup reservations for room only in August in case this gets cancelled, so I can use our four day park hopper tickets. I have tweaked our plans on MDE until I have the perfect ADR's and Fast passes-Here's to keep on keepin' on !

I really think WDW will be open in June, I just am wondering what will be cut. I can handle no parades, no fireworks and having to wear a mask, but I need at least 3 of the parks to be open with most of the attractions open to make the trip worth it.

Like you, I'm fine with no parades or fireworks or even characters. Not sure how we feel about masks yet. I'd be okay requiring them on inside attractions, but not sure if we want to wear them in the hot sun.

Me and the kids would be okay if all parks but Epcot are open, but not sure if my DH would be. Might be a battle in my house...haha!

June 6 thru 13th trip canceled by disney...just received an email. Was second trip canceled so far I guess third time will be the charm?

Well, *&^)(*^&*^(&^!!!!! We got the cancellation e-mail just before lunch. We're going to start planning next years trip ASAP so we don't have time to get very upset about it. It will just make for a very long and boring week and a half "staycation" for me as my annual leave at work must be taken by June 30.

Well our convention coordinator says she feels sure Disney is going to pull the plug on our June 20-23 convention today. Disney told her we could keep our hotel rooms at convention rates if we wanted to come anyway. Very conflicted- But I am not canceling until I learn more. It is at the Boardwalk, and I hate that pool! I don't mind masks, no parades or fireworks, but if lots of rides and restaurants are not available, if more than one park is closed, and if that awful pool is closed because grandson wants a pool of some sort, we will probably rebook.

M
Well our convention coordinator says she feels sure Disney is going to pull the plug on our June 20-23 convention today. Disney told her we could keep our hotel rooms at convention rates if we wanted to come anyway. Very conflicted- But I am not canceling until I learn more. It is at the Boardwalk, and I hate that pool! I don't mind masks, no parades or fireworks, but if lots of rides and restaurants are not available, if more than one park is closed, and if that awful pool is closed because grandson wants a pool of some sort, we will probably rebook.
So Disney is saying they think they will be open, but just not to conventions? We have a trip starting ,6/22 and I am always looking for any insight into whether it might still happen.

M

So Disney is saying they think they will be open, but just not to conventions? We have a trip starting ,6/22 and I am always looking for any insight into whether it might still happen.
No, they haven't said that. They told her if they were open we could keep our room reservations at convention rates. They meaning their convention coordinator, the same one who has been insisting they would be open for our convention and all plans would proceed. Either Disney employees truly don't know anything yet, either because Disney doesn't know anything for sure or isn't telling them, or Disney is purposely being elusive to keep as much money for the longest period of time possible. This will really anger me if we later learn Disney knew within reason when they would open the parks and just didn't divulge that information. I really think they are waiting on Phase 2 to be announced, and open asap after then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter