*** Official June 2020 ***

We essentially pulled the plug today. We will hold on to our res and FP's in case of a miracle until the last minute, but we came to the realization that it just isn't going to be the experience we are looking for. The masking in the heat (we're struggling with them here in spring in Maine, I can't imagine them in late June in Florida!) Add that to the other proposed protocols, it just seems to have sucked the life out of the magic. The super bummer is MAYBE we'll reschedule for May or June 2021 if my DD's college schedule allows. If not then, possibly early 2022. This was supposed to be our last big family vacation before the kids leave the nest, and the Corona Virus has ripped that from us. >:(
I totally understand your disappointment. DS18 is graduating this year- which stinks big time due to everything - and besides our April Disney cruise for his 18th birthday that got cancelled we now don't know if we'll be able to do what I think may be our last big WDW trip before he's off to college. And regardless of what anyone else thinks it's super depressing and upsetting. Yes I know we may be able to do more family trips depending on how he feels and what he ends up doing with his summers going forward; yeah yeah I know we can try taking a smaller trip somewhere. It still doesn't make it better! We rescheduled for Memorial weekend (gone) and June which I assume will be cancelled this week so are REALLY hoping and trying to stay positive that our originally booked July 4th trip holds. We go often so we aren't bent on cancelling if certain things aren't happening when they reopen but for those who don't go often that is understandably a bigger issue. Just be well, best of luck to your kids moving forward in their lives and I'm sure when the time is right you'll all get back ❤

We've pretty much given up on our 6/17 - 6/23 trip. Even if they do open, like many others have said it looks like it will have lost too much magic to make the trip worth it. I still can't bring myself to officially cancel the reservation and fast passes, I'm not really sure why, I think it just gives me something to hold on to and watch. We'll reschedule, but not until we know if and when we can go mask free. Good luck to the rest of the June 2020 and formerly June 2020 folk.

Last edited:
Well through June 13th is out-I feel like this time next week they will drop the axe for us June 19- I too will not rebook until I see how things play out. I would also like Space 220 and Ratatouille to be open........

We arrive the 13th but have yet to get the cancellation email we are expecting. I wonder if certain resorts will be test cases? Could be email is just delayed. Our Chef Mickey reservation did get cancelled for the 13th but we always knew it would. POFQ would be an ideal test resort.

We arrive the 13th but have yet to get the cancellation email we are expecting. I wonder if certain resorts will be test cases? Could be email is just delayed. Our Chef Mickey reservation did get cancelled for the 13th but we always knew it would. POFQ would be an ideal test resort.
Please let us know on this board if you do get an email-thanks!

Please let us know on this board if you do get an email-thanks!

Still nothing and we still have everything in the MyDisneyApp. POFQ is listed as a Disney Springs area resort too. I suspect we would cancel if the resort is open but not the parks. No guarantee we could even get into Universal at this point. I would love to be a Disney test family though and interact with every single ride queue! You know ... a dream is a wish your heart makes ...

Universal is opening June 5th!... there is some hope still alive.
I guess i could change my plans to go there.
That's what we did lol! We now have an onsite Uni stay for part of our original Disney stay, and are also booked at the Wyndham LBV just in case the resorts do not one with parks. Hope we know that soon but either way we're heading down!

Well , we are not canceling our June19-24 trip yet, but I made back up reservations at The Grove resort for those same days. I can cancel them if we find out by some miracle WDW will be opening. We know Legoland will be open. I am hoping Discovery Cove or Sea World will open. My DGS is 7, and we can't disappoint him with no trip at all, so we will be headed to Orlando. It could be a blessing, as we have never taken him anywhere but Disney. I don't think he is really old enough for Universal as he really isn't a Harry Potter fan (I know, I have failed!) but we will consider those parks if Sea World and Discovery Cove don't announce an opening soon. Disney will lose my money this summer-

Change of plans since 3:03 posted above! My son said he was tired of waiting in limbo and we needed to get something going for as sure a thing as we possible could with less than a month to go until DGS has been promised a wonderful vacay-so, we cancelled Disney and have booked Universal and Legoland. We are staying a what seems to be a great resort, The Grove. We booked the 1 day 2 park Universal ticket with the Express pass, even though we may not need it if capacity is limited. If Sea World opens, we will book there, but if not, The Grove has a cool water park attached for a resort day.

Change of plans since 3:03 posted above! My son said he was tired of waiting in limbo and we needed to get something going for as sure a thing as we possible could with less than a month to go until DGS has been promised a wonderful vacay-so, we cancelled Disney and have booked Universal and Legoland. We are staying a what seems to be a great resort, The Grove. We booked the 1 day 2 park Universal ticket with the Express pass, even though we may not need it if capacity is limited. If Sea World opens, we will book there, but if not, The Grove has a cool water park attached for a resort day.

I don’t blame you. All of the uncertainty is killer on keeping up spirits.
no matter what, it sounds like you have a great trip planned. Besides, even a non Harry Potter fan will enjoy that area of Universal.

Well , we are not canceling our June19-24 trip yet, but I made back up reservations at The Grove resort for those same days. I can cancel them if we find out by some miracle WDW will be opening. We know Legoland will be open. I am hoping Discovery Cove or Sea World will open. My DGS is 7, and we can't disappoint him with no trip at all, so we will be headed to Orlando. It could be a blessing, as we have never taken him anywhere but Disney. I don't think he is really old enough for Universal as he really isn't a Harry Potter fan (I know, I have failed!) but we will consider those parks if Sea World and Discovery Cove don't announce an opening soon. Disney will lose my money this summer-
My boys absolutely love studios.. its a very different kind of experience. We went for the first time when my son was 5. Yes they have a lot of thrill rides but they also have a lot of family and kids rides as well. My boys were not old enough for harry potter books/ movies when we went the first time but they loved meeting Captain America, spiderman and some other super heros and they had seen none of there shows or movies. Also minions, dr suess land , jurrasic park . When we got kicked out of Disney in March we went to the beach for a few days. Its funny if you talk to my boys about there Disney trip in March they will talk about the beach.

Gone. I finally just said I can't take the waiting any more. I canceled all the FP's and the res. 😢 Disney is cancelled through the 13th and waiting for "The email" was killing me. My DW and DS18 are disappointed, but not as much as my DD23 and I are about this. Hitting the "cancel the reservation" button was tough. All the planning, watching YouTube videos, time here on the Dis. GONE. We wont know what my DD's nursing program schedule is until at LEAST August before we know if 2021 is even a possibility. I want to thank everyone for their positive thoughts, kind words, and help. Hope to see you guys in here in 2021.

Sam

Well we are headed down to Orlando on Saturday. This was the 3rd trip Disney cancelled for us so we booked the Wyndham LBV for several days and have dinner reservations at DS most nights. We will hit up Legoland one day and City Walk one day. Maybe the wax museum and another mini golf place besides the one at City Walk. It would be nice if Splitsville opened too. Heard today the Lego Store will be opening Wednesday along with the previously announced WoD and the Co-Op so we will do some shopping. Pool time at the resort. Then we head to Amelia Island for a few days. My husband is furloughed that week so we are taking advantage.

We also have 6/27-7/5 booked and I'm hoping that one works out. If not, we will modify as well (husband is furloughed that week as well). Then we have 3 other trips booked this year (end of July, Oct, Nov) and might book another for August based on when school is starting back - I'm a teacher and they have a couple different scenarios on the board. We are APs and while I know we will get the extension, our passes originally expire June 8. So we do plan to renew around that time to get the renewal discount.

I also booked our trip for over the 50th, Sept 30-Oct 3, 2021.

Well we are headed down to Orlando on Saturday. This was the 3rd trip Disney cancelled for us so we booked the Wyndham LBV for several days and have dinner reservations at DS most nights. We will hit up Legoland one day and City Walk one day. Maybe the wax museum and another mini golf place besides the one at City Walk. It would be nice if Splitsville opened too. Heard today the Lego Store will be opening Wednesday along with the previously announced WoD and the Co-Op so we will do some shopping. Pool time at the resort. Then we head to Amelia Island for a few days. My husband is furloughed that week so we are taking advantage.

We also have 6/27-7/5 booked and I'm hoping that one works out. If not, we will modify as well (husband is furloughed that week as well). Then we have 3 other trips booked this year (end of July, Oct, Nov) and might book another for August based on when school is starting back - I'm a teacher and they have a couple different scenarios on the board. We are APs and while I know we will get the extension, our passes originally expire June 8. So we do plan to renew around that time to get the renewal discount.

I also booked our trip for over the 50th, Sept 30-Oct 3, 2021.
If you have not checked out this..
Go Orlando pass ... it was amazing i got ours on groupon not sure if they are still on there.
Its unlimited attractions for how ever many days you buy. Legoland, wax museum, titanic, wonderworks, plus so many others

If you have not checked out this..
Go Orlando pass ... it was amazing i got ours on groupon not sure if they are still on there.
Its unlimited attractions for how ever many days you buy. Legoland, wax museum, titanic, wonderworks, plus so many others
I'll look! Thanks!

I know I shouldn’t be, but I am SHOCKED about a July date. Wow. I guess my back up November trip is on.

Yes, it is now official, all June trips gone. So, now I just need to reset for June 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!