*** Official June 2020 ***

Like you, my hubby does not care for Disney. So, it will just be the kids and I. Once of their cousins might be joining us too, I haven't figured out all the details yet. Since I will be traveling with teenagers and a early twenty year old, we will be staying in the parks late. I would love to get them up and out to the park but not counting on it. I will plan for one or two early days and then the rest we will play it by ear with fastpasses in late morning or early afternoon.

I am really enjoying traveling with my son now that he's old enough to carry his own stuff and can understand more of how everything works! DS and I are more of the "go back and take a mid-day break" people, while our friends are "cram as much possible into the day and then collapse after the vacation" people. So far it's always worked out great on our DLR trips - DS and I head back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and some "introvert time" as we call it, while the others hit the rides that we're less interested in. We'll see what happens when they hit WDW, though. The heat + humidity + size of WDW might do them in. We're usually rope drop to park close people at DLR, but I know from my past WDW visits that I can't keep that pace up for the whole week.

I am really enjoying traveling with my son now that he's old enough to carry his own stuff and can understand more of how everything works! DS and I are more of the "go back and take a mid-day break" people, while our friends are "cram as much possible into the day and then collapse after the vacation" people. So far it's always worked out great on our DLR trips - DS and I head back to the hotel for a dip in the pool and some "introvert time" as we call it, while the others hit the rides that we're less interested in. We'll see what happens when they hit WDW, though. The heat + humidity + size of WDW might do them in. We're usually rope drop to park close people at DLR, but I know from my past WDW visits that I can't keep that pace up for the whole week.
It is great that even though you go as a big group with your friends, you spend some time apart too. I am sure that helps as often people can get a bit out of sorts and even cranky with each other on long extended trips. I like your term "introvert time". I know my kids when they were younger and even now they need their down time. This down time just reenergizes them.

We officially booked this weekend! Well be staying at Coronado Springs, it will be our first time there! Today I decided to take some time and start planning what parks which days and thinking about dining plans! I'm trying to balance our favorite dining spots with new places; That's a tough one!

Is this it? https://www.masqueradedance.com/competition/2020-competition/

If so, where is Ft. Walton Beach in relation to Orlando?
Oops, maybe they are doing Hall of Fame or Star Quest this year? I know it’s in Orlando, but my DD isn’t in the higher competitive groups doing that competition. :confused3

Edit: asked another parent last night. It’s Hall of Fame nationals the week of July 5th.

We live in Minnesota and did Masquerade Nationals near home last year, so that’s probably where I got that from?

Anywho, DD is doing Dance the World which is through Walt Disney World and sounds like so much fun. She’ll be in a parade at MK and performance in Epcot’s World Showcase. They combine with a bunch of dancers that come from around the world. Not a competition, more of a dance experience. ☺

Last edited:

We started our WDW trips with 10-day do it all approach back in 2013. Our last trip a couple of weeks ago DD and I were down to 3 park days (no Epcot) and maybe 3/4 days with either an evening (AK), mid-day (HS) or morning (MK-MNSSHP) breaks/pool time. I like the breaks, it makes things so much more bearable and enjoyable. Especially in hot hot summer months. Pool time is so relaxing!

We started our WDW trips with 10-day do it all approach back in 2013. Our last trip a couple of weeks ago DD and I were down to 3 park days (no Epcot) and maybe 3/4 days with either an evening (AK), mid-day (HS) or morning (MK-MNSSHP) breaks/pool time. I like the breaks, it makes things so much more bearable and enjoyable. Especially in hot hot summer months. Pool time is so relaxing!

Agree! I decided years ago that it was better to soak in the experience and enjoy the trip rather than trying to get to everything. Our priority this trip will be the things we can't do at DLR, since it will be a first time WDW trip for the rest of the group. If we have time and energy, we can pick up the rides that overlap to see the differences, but we'll focus on the things unique to WDW. The result of that planning is that we're actually planning on spending less time at MK than most people would, because so much of what is there is also at DLR. Epcot and AK become higher priorities, and HS is a mix. It's a different way of organizing a trip than I've done in the past, but I think it will work well for us.
Right now we're focusing on figuring out where we can eat, given that one member of the party has some very strict dietary requirements, but doesn't like to make a big deal of it. We're going over all the menus and plotting out what will work, and figuring out where we can supplement with food we bring with us. Once we know which restaurants will work, then we'll sit down and figure out where we want to get our ADR's. The accountant in our group is having a blast making spreadsheets for everything! I'm happy to leave that to her - I'll just do all the research and send the info her way. lol!

Hi everyone. I'm making my first ever solo trip in June
8-13th June 2020, at WL!

We normally have gone in the winter, so, any handy hints and tips for travelling in June?

Hi everyone. I'm making my first ever solo trip in June
8-13th June 2020, at WL!

We normally have gone in the winter, so, any handy hints and tips for travelling in June?

I may also be making my first solo trip back to WL in June and am also sad, but excited....best memories ever of WL.

I may also be making my first solo trip back to WL in June and am also sad, but excited....best memories ever of WL.
Ooh, Maybe see you in territory lounge! WL is so special for me - I had my wedding dinner in AP in 2010 (ceremony at the YC) I'm super lucky to be planning this trip to reconnect with that, and collect some things to make 10th anniversary WDW hampers for my husband and the children. Sadly, he is too ill to fly that far, and, to take the children without him was a step too far, given the emotional baggage...

Ooh, Maybe see you in territory lounge! WL is so special for me - I had my wedding dinner in AP in 2010 (ceremony at the YC) I'm super lucky to be planning this trip to reconnect with that, and collect some things to make 10th anniversary WDW hampers for my husband and the children. Sadly, he is too ill to fly that far, and, to take the children without him was a step too far, given the emotional baggage...

The WL is so peaceful and full of beauty I know it will be a good trip for you! they have some special picture frames you should go and look at in the gift shop. And the small totem poles.

The WL is so peaceful and full of beauty I know it will be a good trip for you! they have some special picture frames you should go and look at in the gift shop. And the small totem poles.
Great ideas! I need some special WL souvenirs (it's his favourite resort too)

I'll jump in on the fun.
Currently looking at June 6-13 I think, and possibly at AOA in a suite. We haven't booked anything yet.

My husband and I are planning on going with my cousins and their kids on a family/anniversary trip. The kids are super excited to go with us already. (We're more of an aunt and uncle to them than cousins so we have a great relationship.) Hubs and I have never traveled with teens/kids before, nor a bigger group so it'll be interesting to plan. I'm usually the planner and he leaves it all to me. 😂 Hubs and I are also planning to get APs (for the first time) because we'll be going on a trip in May before this one with my friend for my 30th.

We've discussed all staying in an AOA suite. We've rented a house together, but obviously a house is much bigger. I'm concerned about four adults and two teens fitting in one of the suites.

Anyway, I'm excited to be planning with you all. If anyone has any tips about planning for a bigger group, please share them!

Our June trip is morphing again... 🤣

Me & DD11 - CBR 6/20-6/24
DH and DS14 - Pop Century 6/22-6/24
All - Beach Club 6/24-6/27 (kids have no idea about BC, so this part is a surprise)

We decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of renting a car for a beach day and to stay/shift offsite. So now we all have ME too/from Disney, are connected by the Skyliner when the boys arrive on 6/22, the boys plan to head to SeaWorld using Lyft on 6/24 while we use our 4th park hopper day in the parks, then we’ll chill at Stormalong Bay for 1-2 days. 🥰

Last edited:
ARGHHHHH!! So close and yet so far with being able to book Southwest Flights!!! They're out today through June 6th and we leave June 13th.....

and now I have to wait until Dec. 11th...

time to work on my ADR spreadsheet then!!

oh I wanted to ask -has anyone gone to the Villains After Hours Events?? They have ONE when we're there and it's the night before we leave - ugh - do I know if my family will be up for one last hoorah after going hard at Disney for the last 7 days???

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...79rhdLXfeX7tJuZOSihO9aueayTNlUhGMqcR6ieiO8fEM
decisions...decision...

I’ve had my vacation booked for several months before I got my pin code. Mine was up 25% off. It was 20% for the value where we are staying. I wanna say it was like 15% for the moderates, or at least Port Orleans where we sometimes stay and then 25% on the deluxe and above. It saved me right around $200 which isn’t a ton, but it does help.

So excited for our Graduation Trip! We are headed to the WL in a 2 bedroom lock-off June 6th-13th. Celebrating DS1 graduation with his Master's Degree and DS3 graduation from HS! Hoping that DS2 can join us as he attends a US Service Academy and his time is not always his own. DD is a definite and my DH and I couldn't be more excited! We invited DH's sister, however no commitment from her, yet. Our last trip was 2 years ago about this time, but some much has changed in HS and at our home resort. We stayed at the GF last time, so excited to be coming home to the WL. We have been DVC since 1999. Hard to believe!

Looking forward to planning with all of you! Thinking of booking the dining plan as my older kiddos, especially DS2, a rower, and DS3, a football player have huge appetites. Thoughts on the dining plan?

I've read above about some of your trips! So much fun and so many celebrations. I noticed that a few of you joined "Touring Plans". Is that on this website? Where do I find them? (I thought I was a Disney pro, I guess not! lol) Please share!

I've read above about some of your trips! So much fun and so many celebrations. I noticed that a few of you joined "Touring Plans". Is that on this website? Where do I find them? (I thought I was a Disney pro, I guess not! lol) Please share!
It's a separate website. They also publish the book "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World" which is how I heard of them years ago.

I love their room finder tool. They can fax in a room request which I have used twice with success at both the Polynesian and POR.

I use their touring planning tools as a guide to see if we can do/see what we want in each park, but often adjust as we get to each park (sometimes I don't even look at it). It helps me to plan around any ADRs and prioritize our do/see list, and what might get the ax.

I use the crowd calendars in conjunction with other sites like Kenny the Pirate to decide on which parks might be best for each day - that sometimes works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter