*** Official June 2020 ***

Hello! Planning our first family trip to WDW 5/30-6/7. (Our DD has never been!)
We have a split stay between Coronado Springs and AKL Kidani.
We have our ADRs and this will be my first time using the Dining Plan. I am so excited! :flower1:

Our arrival day is Mon 6/29. I will make ADRs Jan 1. I’m already freaking out that since it’s July 4th week and we are arriving on Monday instead of Sunday I won’t be able to get many. Hoping for:
Ohana
MK garden dessert party for July 3
Oga’s Cantina
Chef Mickeys
Be our guest lunch
Spice road table

Any thoughts on my chances?

Our arrival day is Mon 6/29. I will make ADRs Jan 1. I’m already freaking out that since it’s July 4th week and we are arriving on Monday instead of Sunday I won’t be able to get many. Hoping for:
Ohana
MK garden dessert party for July 3
Oga’s Cantina
Chef Mickeys
Be our guest lunch
Spice road table

Any thoughts on my chances?

I think you will be fine! The only one you might have a bit of trouble getting, if any, will be Ohana. Are you trying for breakfast of dinner for it? And if you don't get it when you initially try, keep trying, it will more than likely show up eventually. You can also set a Touring Plan reservation finder for any ones you don't get.

I think you will be fine! The only one you might have a bit of trouble getting, if any, will be Ohana. Are you trying for breakfast of dinner for it? And if you don't get it when you initially try, keep trying, it will more than likely show up eventually. You can also set a Touring Plan reservation finder for any ones you don't get.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I'm trying for Ohana dinner. We don't get to go to Disney often and being that I'm a bigger fan then my family this may be our last trip :( I wouldn't be me if I didn't stress. :tongue:

I was able to book the week before you arrive just now and had lots of good times and availability for a party of 4 at Ohana and Ogas. I saw availability at Chef Mickeys and Akersauraus too for dinner. So, hopefully you will be able to get everything you want.

Had trouble with online reservations this morning but thankfully was able to call and get what I wanted. Of course now the confirmation numbers won't link to MDE but at least I have the reservations and will deal with linking them later.

Last edited:
We were upgraded this week to Coronado Springs. We originally booked a handicapped accessible king room at All Star Music but because of the renovations, they will no longer have King rooms available there. I’m pretty excited to try Coronado Springs!

We were upgraded this week to Coronado Springs. We originally booked a handicapped accessible king room at All Star Music but because of the renovations, they will no longer have King rooms available there. I’m pretty excited to try Coronado Springs!
I really like Coronado Springs! I stayed there last summer and we'll stay there as part of our upcoming split stay. Enjoy!

Room only and "free dining" discounts have dropped for our dates this morning. We just rebooked DH/DS at Pop Century standard view and shaved off about $65 for their 2 nights while DD and I are at CBR with Dance the World, and then booked BC garden/woods view and AKL pool view (need to decide which - AKL saves us an additional $200) for our extra 2 nights.

Any thoughts on AKL vs. BC? Both pools look amazing, but at BC we could rent cabanas and it's a good proximity to HS for me and DD... We have spent time at both, but never stayed at either. AKL just looks tropical and we aren't planning on going to AK this trip so that might be a good way to get our animal fix?

:cool1:

Hi all. My DH (52) and I (51) will be in the park on June 3-9th. We are also thinking of attending the Villains After Hours although we have not bought the tickets yet. My question is if we should bring a lightweight jacket or sweater with us. How cool does it get at night in early June? The Villains events lasts until 1am if I remember correctly. Any advice about the jacket?

Hi all. My DH (52) and I (51) will be in the park on June 3-9th. We are also thinking of attending the Villains After Hours although we have not bought the tickets yet. My question is if we should bring a lightweight jacket or sweater with us. How cool does it get at night in early June? The Villains events lasts until 1am if I remember correctly. Any advice about the jacket?
I’ve been in early June and it was very hot until late at night. I never needed an additional layer! Maybe bring something very light just in case?

Since you are concerned about it then might as well bring it. Better to have it in your room rather than wishing you had packed it.

You more than likely will not need another layer. It is so blazing hot and sticky there during the day and the evening, if it cools much, is still quiet warm. If anything, I would say a light sweatshirt (t-shirt thickness) for when going into A/C, but you may also want to plan a poncho for the potential of rain. Outside will be nice and warm, potentially even 'sweaty' still at night. I lived there Jan-July, and have vacationed a few times in August and October, you won't need anything thick like a sweatshirt.

It wouldn’t hurt to pack one, but you probably won’t need it. It does get cooler after the sun goes down, but generally the heat from the pavement will keep you warm for a while. I’ve never been in June before, but I’m expecting it to be in the 90’s in early June from what I’ve read. And Florida is very humid too which makes it feel hotter. I have been many times in March for Spring Break and only needed a jacket at the end of the day about half the time. I usually pack one jacket, one pair of jeans, and one lightweight long sleeved shirt in case of freak weather in March, but it’s never been cold enough to need the shirt and jeans even in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!