**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
Planning your trip for Disney in 2018? You have found the official thread that will lead you to the most magical week ever! Let's get this party started because 2018 will be the most amazing year at Disney yet!

Y9NqM1Q.jpg

Wow I was looking for like a generic 2018 thread but I found this thread instead which is exactly when we are planning to go! How weird it that! LOL! We were suppose to go back to Disney in 2017 but plans changed so we won't be going in 2017, after I did all that planning for it! Oh well! Anyways I took about 6 months off from Disney and now I find myself 2 weeks from the end of 2016 and thinking about starting to plan for 2018 already! I mean I have basically 6 months to plan until Disney releases the 2018 prices...let the planning begin!

I was told by a reservations CM that there would not be a price increase on tickets this year. That I just need to make sure to buy my 2018 tickets before the end of Dec 2017. Have you heard anything else?

wow seriously? I have not heard anything, but I usually always book our trips the summer before, so I am planning on booking our March 2018 trip in June/July of this year...so hopefully there won't be much of an increase. That would be a total relief. We were suppose to go this year but our trip got pushed back a year. But when I went to book the trip for 2017 originally I went into sticker shock from the price increase, lol. It was a combination of things (my oldest son was now considered a "disney adult", my youngest son I had to pay for now, and the annual price increase) it just seemed to squeeze the life out of my wallet, LOL. Anyways I am prepared now for prices for 2018, but I hope to prices don't increase too much

So excited to have found this thread!!! We're planning for early March (maybe late Feb) 2018. It will be my husband, myself, and our daughter (who will be just shy of 4 at the time). None of us have ever been to Disney. We're leaning heavily towards POR. I'm anxious to get planning!!!

My fiance and I are leaning towards a March 2018 trip as well! I actually made plans for Feb 2017, then had to push those plans and ressies to April 2017, only to have something come up and to totally cancel the trip for 2017. Now that I got an A-OKAY from the fiance, I can't wait to start planning!

When is a good time to start planning?

I am thinking about a trip March 2018 we are typically Nov/Dec people and one trip in Sept. So this will be our first spring trip so any tips on what weeks to avoid when is a good time. What is a must see or must miss. I was honestly thinking about St. Patrick's day week. Thanks in advance.

My First ever trip to Disney World is booked for March 2018!!!!!

4 nights on the Wonder and 4 days in the park. 16 of us going to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary.

I am beyond excited. My kids are 4, 6 and 9 so it will be beyond amazing!!!

Joining in here, looking to book for March 9-14, 2018. This will be my DDs second trip (at 8 years of age), her first was May 2015 at 5.5 yrs of age. I've been in March previously, just a day visit or two, when working a month at SeaWorld and I don't remember crowds being terrible but it sounds like March now can be pretty heavy.

Our last trip was 2 yrs ago and my youngest son just mentioned going to Disney last night to my kind of "Disney'ed out" DH and he was like "Yeah let's go!" So I'm back to planning!! We've always been off season with the younger kid situation but last year w older kids middle and high school) we did the June thing and that was MISERABLE !!! So we've opted for the Spring Break trip. Same crowd level or lower by 1 on the 1-10 rating and 10 degrees cooler and less humidity. We're from Texas and used to the high heat - 90's in the summer is a treat when it's 100 here - but the "it's not the heat it's the humidity"...oh so true!!!

So interesting to hear about March experiences.

Following along and joining in. We are booked for a trip over Labor Day weekend but already looking at a return trip in March. I'm curious about the crowds as well during March-January and February are great but I know that crowds pick up in March so I'm curious to hear also.

Anxiously awaiting Disney to release 2018 prices so we can start booking, when does this normally occur?

Prices are being released on the 20th! Planning on going March 7-14th with a friend from college, and I can't wait!

I have changed our dates to March 2nd-7th. Hoping crowds will not rise too much during those dates.

I have changed our dates to March 2nd-7th. Hoping crowds will not rise too much during those dates.
They probably won't, I've heard that the first week or so of March is pretty dead. Plus, Easter this year isn't until April 1, and a LOT of spring breaks revolve around that holiday. You should be fine. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!