Official May 2018

Guess that most of us have our ADR's in place and now planning the FP's, while checking park hours, soft openings, ride closures, special events, early mornings, late nights, character meetings, bus schedules, hopper options, crowd levels, tour groups, and whatever else I may be missing :hyper:

Yes, wondering if TSL will open in May and how that plays our with plans.....Will the schedules change negating the PPO breakfasts.....but so happy to be in double digits so it is all good!

Looks like quite a bit is done though. They just have A LOT of landscaping. I'm curious though what the plan is going to be for TSMM once they're done with that window that they have it down to one track for. I'm hoping they'll at least open up fastpasses again. Right now our plan was to do Hollywood Studios on the 11th.

I'm really making myself crazy with the waiting and wondering about hours and TSL. Actually all of the planning has me on the verge of a breakdown!

Yesterday I switched some days and ADRs around, but I'm still not satisfied with that. I know that once the FPs are made that's it and I'm locked in. So of course I need to get all of this just perfect now so that it will work.

I currently have Epcot on a Wednesday-this is when we normally do Epcot. This year though we have a waterpark pass and would like to use it so I'm stuck on trying to decide which day for Typhoon Lagoon-Wed or Sat? If I put it Wed well then Epcot has to go to Saturday and that just doesn't feel right. But aren't waterparks more crowded on weekends? But on another thread it says avoid Epcot on Saturdays, especially if there is a festival.

Then I have the issue of wanting to see Pandora at night AND RoL-I don't think I can fit both in on the same night. I can take or leave RoL, but we have a newbie along who wants to see it. I had planned that 2nd evening at AK for the waterpark day, but I scored an awesome CG ADR that will allow us to see the fireworks from the top, so which do I want more? :crazy::crazy::crazy: This Disney planning stuff is fun right?

Ugh, I know what you mean! As far as Epcot if it were up to me I'd probably leave it on a Wednesday and do Typhoon Lagoon on Saturday. I'd be worried about all the locals coming into Epcot on Saturday, plus that's normally when they have the concerts for F&G so they'll be more people because of that too. We did Typhoon Lagoon twice on our 2016 trip. I honestly can't remember what days they were, but I think as long as it's not Memorial Day weekend you're thinking about you'd be fine :)

I'd take the CG ADR in a heartbeat! Nice snag!

Looks like quite a bit is done though. They just have A LOT of landscaping. I'm curious though what the plan is going to be for TSMM once they're done with that window that they have it down to one track for. I'm hoping they'll at least open up fastpasses again. Right now our plan was to do Hollywood Studios on the 11th.
It does, but it looks to me like some of buildings aren't done yet and that has to be done first. I'm by no means a construction expert, lol. I just hope they kick it into high gear :-)

BLT owners, staying at BWV May 14-19. Booked SSR at 6 months out, I'm a RAT stalker and BWV became available at 5 months (thanks to whomever cancelled) so I grabbed it. May is our favorite time to visit. Last year we were lucky enough to be there for DVC and AP previews of Pandora, hoping the same for Toy Story!

I have those tickets but going over Memorial Day. Still unsure what day to put down for TL/Epcot. One has to go on Saturday.

I know what you are talking about, Mom2stich, I'm also not complete happy with my plans because if you change one thing you have to change twenty others...Saw that there is Star wars galactic nights on our last evening, want to get tickets for this because we loved Star wars weekend so much. Do you think it will sell out fast?
Sometimes I just think I stop all the planning and just go and have fun, like 20 years ago.But NO, I love the planning to much. 96 days to go, happy planning to all of you!!:ccat:

WDW Prep School just posted that Toy Story Land will open June 30. So I guess it’s a no go for us May-goers :(!

I saw that! I don't know if I'm disappointed that we won't get to see it or relieved that the crowds shouldn't be awful while we're there.

Ahh well, maybe the crowds will be down a bit since everyone will want to go to TSL in late June might as well say July at this point LOL This happened to us at USO too lol we were there 2 weeks before kong opened LOL

Hey May-goers!! I'm from the June board and I have one big concern I'm hoping you guys can help me out with...since we now know that Toy Story Land will open June 30th have you heard if TSM will still be open before the Land opens? I heard they were closing it to re-do the front entrance and it would be closed for a set amount of time (I think it's a ~ 30 days) have you heard that TSM will be open for sure in May and beyond until the Land officially opens?

I just wasnt sure how probable it would be to have the one TSM ride open in a Land that wasn't officially open and the new entrance they've constructed is INSIDE the Land right, not outside anymore, right?

thanks!

Currently they have only one track closed, the original two are open. On April 9 to May 7 or 8 can't remember, the one track will be open and the other two will be closed to rework entrance. Nothing has been said what happens after. We all thought previews with a Memorial Day opening. Now with a June 30th open, who knows what will happen yet.

Currently they have only one track closed, the original two are open. On April 9 to May 7 or 8 can't remember, the one track will be open and the other two will be closed to rework entrance. Nothing has been said what happens after. We all thought previews with a Memorial Day opening. Now with a June 30th open, who knows what will happen yet.
THANKS!!

Joining in :dumbo:
We will be in at the WL April 30th-May 4th and at CSR on May 8th. It's our first trip and I cannot wait!!!!

I saw that! I don't know if I'm disappointed that we won't get to see it or relieved that the crowds shouldn't be awful while we're there.

This has been my conflicted reaction too! Something new for us to see next time. We still haven't seen Pandora or any of the new nighttime shows, FEA, or the new Soarin', so we have a lot to experience this trip anyway.

Is anyone else looking forward to your FP+ booking window as much as I am? 3/5 for me-- 15 days!

Last year, the first week of May had MK open til 10 pm... right now it is still 9 pm. I hope they increase hours!

Saw someone that posted over on the TSL page that someone staying club level tried to book a fastpass for toy story midway mania for 5/24 and was told that it will still be on standby. That's probably going to throw a wrench in our plans. Our HS day is on the 11th. I planned on booking it over to sign DS up for Jedi Training. I may just send DH and DD over to midway mania without us so at least some of us will get to experience it without having to wait forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!