Official May 2018

I'm hoping I get an ADR for BOG for our May trip. I haven't been able to get one for our November trip. ADRs have been really hard because of free dining.

I got one for our may trip...it's 4 PM dinner but it's BOG

My daughters cheer team just qualified for the competition in May so we are going back. Our official dates are May 2-8, probably staying at CBR. A bit earlier than planned since we have a cruise in August but hey, I won't complain. I managed to secure some pretty good ADR's but with the competition, I'm not sure what we can actually do. Either way, it will be a blast.

Last edited:

Question to my fellow May travelers - thoughts about a soft opening for Toy Story Land - want one or not?

We are there the end of the mointh , at fist I was hoping not, now just hoping for extended EMH to enjoy it open like Pandora got last year. Really just want an announced date so I can plan with it or not opening.

Just got BoG dinner! It's 4:15 but it's BoG! Gotta love the touringplans reservation finder:cool1::dancer:
I've been to BoG for breakfast but never for dinner, so I'm pretty excited!

Hello! I've not been to this thread in a bit, life was so busy and I ended up having total knee replacement surgery on my right knee the week before Thanksgiving, I am 6 weeks out from that, ironically 5 months out from Disney. I am likely to have my left knee replaced sometime in Jan, no date scheduled yet. Anyway, outside of that I am looking forward to our trip. We have finalized some details, we are now doing a split stay, we will be at POR May 29-June 3 and Orange Lake Resort June 3-9. We are doing 10 days at the parks, well more like 9.5 but it will be fine. We are not doing a park day on June 3 since that is our checkout/check in date.

I have dining booked, we're doing a few character meals and that's about it.
May 30th -9:10 am CRT Breakfast
May 31st - 5pm Whispering Canyon
June 1st - 8:45 am O'hana Breakfast
June 3rd - 8:55 am Bon Voyage Beakfast
June 4th - 12:20 pm BOG Lunch

My youngest saw a Disney planning video and now wants to do BBB, umm yikes. I may try and see if I can get her in after CRT on the 30th but I know it's not likely at this point. I will prob just do the cheap package and bring her own dress. We will see. :) I am still waiting for May/June discounts, because that could sway it her way LOL.

Hello! I've not been to this thread in a bit, life was so busy and I ended up having total knee replacement surgery on my right knee the week before Thanksgiving, I am 6 weeks out from that, ironically 5 months out from Disney. I am likely to have my left knee replaced sometime in Jan, no date scheduled yet. Anyway, outside of that I am looking forward to our trip. We have finalized some details, we are now doing a split stay, we will be at POR May 29-June 3 and Orange Lake Resort June 3-9. We are doing 10 days at the parks, well more like 9.5 but it will be fine. We are not doing a park day on June 3 since that is our checkout/check in date.

My youngest saw a Disney planning video and now wants to do BBB, umm yikes. I may try and see if I can get her in after CRT on the 30th but I know it's not likely at this point. I will prob just do the cheap package and bring her own dress. We will see. :) I am still waiting for May/June discounts, because that could sway it her way LOL.
If you can't get her in at BBB, Ivy Trellis is supposed to be a really nice alternative

I'm leaning toward April 28-May 5 for a tenth anniversary trip. Never been at that time of year. I did go the first week of June in 2014 and it was surprisingly pleasant, though I braced for the worst: lovely weather, not too humid or rainy most days, and crowds were fine with a touring plan.

Would love any input on early May. What do you guys think of the crowds and weather at that time? Thanks!

Question to my fellow May travelers - thoughts about a soft opening for Toy Story Land - want one or not?

I'm torn. I would love to see it when it first opens but also don't want to deal with the craziness because we're taking a short trip and it would probably eat up a lot of time. But I would love to know if it will be open when we go.

I made my ADRs while I was on my phone in Disney. The app was glitching on me the whole time and I'm finally sitting down to see what was actually booked. I have 2 Be our Guest dinners on 5/27 10 minutes apart (4 people). I only need one, does anyone need another. I also made my Ohana on the wrong night so I have one of those on 5/27 too, anyone need it? It's at 6:40pm. Apparently I must think I'll be really hungry on the 27th but not hungry on the 28th because I didn't make a reservation on the 28th. lol Anyway, we may have to cancel our Memorial Day weekend trip due to dh's job. I started to look for the 4th of July and was able to get a BOG dinner for the 1st so at least I'll have that if we need to move our dates.

My DW and I are booked for May 4-11 with 2 cousins and their parents. We are so excited, this will be my 3rd trip. Last time was for my honeymoon in April 2015 and the first time was with this same group :cool1:

We are staying in a villa offsite and will be splitting our time between Disney and Universal. What would your advice be on ADRs for this time of year? Last time for our honeymoon the DW and I were able to get a table at Le Cellier as walk-ins for lunch.

We moved our trip up a week to get the room discount so our new dates are 5/27 - 6/03. We are staying at CSR; which will be our first stay at this hotel. My son loves a pool with a slide so we are giving it a try. I was able to get all the ADR's we wanted and I'm happy about that especially since we changed our dates at the 5 month mark!

We moved our trip up a week to get the room discount so our new dates are 5/27 - 6/03. We are staying at CSR; which will be our first stay at this hotel. My son loves a pool with a slide so we are giving it a try. I was able to get all the ADR's we wanted and I'm happy about that especially since we changed our dates at the 5 month mark!

We stayed at CSR last July & my kids really enjoyed the pool with the slide. The ruin is really cool too.

Well, it's officially official. I'm leaving DS behind and going on a girl's trip May 5/15-19 staying at Pop. We finally booked last night. 130 more days until I'm back in my Disney bubble, Dole Whip in hand!

I'm leaning toward April 28-May 5 for a tenth anniversary trip. Never been at that time of year. I did go the first week of June in 2014 and it was surprisingly pleasant, though I braced for the worst: lovely weather, not too humid or rainy most days, and crowds were fine with a touring plan.

Would love any input on early May. What do you guys think of the crowds and weather at that time? Thanks!

I have never been at that time of year, but that is when I'll be there too. I have read it's actually very nice since it's still on the quiet side (schools aren't out yet) and the weather is supposedly nicer/not as humid than even compared to the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it!

I have never been at that time of year, but that is when I'll be there too. I have read it's actually very nice since it's still on the quiet side (schools aren't out yet) and the weather is supposedly nicer/not as humid than even compared to the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it!

That's what I've been reading too. We're booked for May 4-12. I absolutely can't wait. I'm sure Epcot will be beautiful with the Flower and Garden Festival too!

Well I added one more reservation lol

June 7th 6:15pm Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - I keep hearing great things about it, so I thought I'd book and then decide if I want to keep it after researching it more! Any one want to tell me about their dinner there??

So it's official, I need to cancel the May trip. I have ADRs to drop for BOG, Garden Grill, Ohana, and Chef Mickeys. I listed them in the ADR drop thread for May if anyone needs any of these let me know. I'd be happy to coordinate with you.

Good luck with your planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter