****Official May 2019 thread****

Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the ride’s track is re-routed and slightly shortened. Per Disney, it will “reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019.”

This is due to the new Tron roller coaster construction

I am about to pull the trigger on a late April-May AOA trip but can't decide on dates. Any variable other than the cheerleaders to consider? What factors did you consider?

Planning for May 22nd through the 31st - two rooms at Pop Century for the five of us (gotta have two bathrooms). College graduation present for my twin daughters!

So happy I found this thread! Booked my family's 1st time ever to WDW trip for May 5-10 at BWV! This will be a pretty big family trip: me, DH, DD8, DD7, DD3 along with my mom, brother, sister, her bf and nephew. Whew! We're going to be celebrating my oldest 2 DD's birthdays that fall at the end of April and end of May. They have no idea we're going and I can barely hold it in:banana:

We are booked for AK Kidani Village for May 11th-18th! I'm so excited! We are going to celebrate our oldest daughters high graduation. My sister and niece are joining us and its their first time at Disney!

Hey all! I'm running the June thread but the majority of the WDW portion of our trip is in the last week of May. We're traveling with friends for the first time and rented a 2 bedroom villa for both of our families to share. It's a big splurge but gonna be a great time. Looking forward to chatting with yall!

Roxyfire: May 26-June 2 CCV 2 Bedroom

Helloooo! I’m becoming an annual pass holder at the end of this year and I’ve got two trips tentatively planned.

In May, I’m doing a Mom and daughter trip to celebrate her college graduation. I haven’t booked anything yet but our dates will be May 13th thru May 17th. I look forward to following along on everyone’s planning.

Lets get this party started!!!!!!

Who’s with me?

Dates and Resorts:

Hezzy04: April 25-May 3, POR
Otten: April 25-May 5, Universal/Poly/AKL
Viking7641: April 26-29, Cabana Bay, Apr 29 - May 6, Pop
DTW2WDW: May 3-12, off-site
samsonjs: May 3-13, CSR
Lexx1214: May 4-11, POP
Daniela Rose: May 4-12, Contemporary
thelegacy27: May 5-10
sazida: May 5-11, AKL/BLT
ShelbyK: May 5-11, AKL/BWI
KNovacovschi: May 6-10, POP
Mellymc: May 9-18, AKL
DisneyBliss7: May 11-18, Kidani
LemonBreeland: May 13-23, Bonnet Creek
Mermaid Princess: May 14-18, Grand Floridian
Iowamomof4: May 14-23, POP
sjb95u: May 15-20, Poly
robeck: May 16-23, Poly
Marissa227: May 19-25, AKL Kidani
Jerry2: May 18-25, Swan
chesiregoofy22: May 22-31, Pop
ssmerdel: May 26-June 2, AK Villas (hoping for Beach Club)
khmorgan: May 28-June 4, Contemporary
garnwwr3229: May 30-June 5, Pop

News:
*As of June 10, Character Spot at Epcot will now be a Tier 1.
*September Disney Jr Live is closing at Hollywood Studios. A Disney Jr Dance Party will take its place.
Thanjs

Is early May a good time to go crowd wise? The last two trips I've done the end of the January and then the first half of February.

Please update my name in the roll call... dates are the same and I’ve booked Boardwalk Villas.

Also, I’m completely reworking our itinerary because my daughter has informed me that she MUST see Illuminations every night!

We’re both going to miss it.

Will be able to confirm tomorrow after I’ve checked that work will let me have the time off buuuut...

11th May - 19th May
Port Orleans French Quarter
First time ever on Disney property, 6th visit from the U.K. - fingers crossed for me that I can get the time off and it’ll all be booked by this time tomorrow :lovestruc

Please add us to the list! We are confirmed for April 27-May 4 at BWV. Just DH and I, celebrating our 20th anniversary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!