****Official May 2019 thread****

Did my ADRs this morning and got pretty much everything I wanted! So glad to cross one more thing off my list lol. Here are my picks

1900 park faire dinner
Garden grill breakfast
CRT lunch
Trattoria al forno breakfast
Sci fi dinner
Tusker house breakfast
BOG lunch

Lots of character meals but this is our first trip and my girls are 8,6,3 so I'm sure they'll love it!

We’re on the dining plan too and we use some credits for breakfast. The character meals are still expensive so I think it’s worth it.

I don’t use credits for crt though bc I don’t think it’s a good value to have to pay two credits for.

I’m stuck in 2 minds. In a way I think it is worth it to get the photos with Cinderella - do you still get the printed ones if you have memory maker or are they all loaded onto the photopass? Just the experience of going inside the Castle for the first time and for my birthday is almost enough in itself although I’m a little underwhelmed with the lunch/dinner menu. And you don’t have to tip on top with using the credits which would probably bring the total up to the amount of 2 credits? Ahhh this is such a hard decision

I’m stuck in 2 minds. In a way I think it is worth it to get the photos with Cinderella - do you still get the printed ones if you have memory maker or are they all loaded onto the photopass? Just the experience of going inside the Castle for the first time and for my birthday is almost enough in itself although I’m a little underwhelmed with the lunch/dinner menu. And you don’t have to tip on top with using the credits which would probably bring the total up to the amount of 2 credits? Ahhh this is such a hard decision

We didn’t get a printed photo, only the one uploaded in our memory maker. Hmm. I still don’t think it’s a good value using credits. We pay oop, but we also do breakfast. Going into the castle is part of the magic for us.

I can't make ADRs until Saturday, but I plan on contacting Poly IPO this week. Right now my dinner plans are...

Narcoossee's first night
Cape May buffet
Ohana
Le Cellier
Kona Island
Buffet at Germany
California Grill last night

Breakfasts...
Chef Mickey's
1900 Park Faire
Trail's End
Tusker house
Kona
Ohana

Considered going deluxe dining but decided against it.

We didn’t get a printed photo, only the one uploaded in our memory maker. Hmm. I still don’t think it’s a good value using credits. We pay oop, but we also do breakfast. Going into the castle is part of the magic for us.

Absolutely gutted that I didn’t get even a sniff of a reservation for CRT. I was on there early ready and waiting, not a single slot for the day I need nor for any other time in my holiday. And it was already 180 days + 6. I could cry

Absolutely gutted that I didn’t get even a sniff of a reservation for CRT. I was on there early ready and waiting, not a single slot for the day I need nor for any other time in my holiday. And it was already 180 days + 6. I could cry

That doesn’t make sense. Did you look online? It’s not available through the app. There’s still availability for dats during my trip. What day are you oooking for?

And you don’t have to tip on top with using the credits which would probably bring the total up to the amount of 2 credits? Ahhh this is such a hard decision

Just wanted to make sure you knew that tips aren’t covered by the dining plan.. it kind of sounds like that may be your thought process here for justifying the 2 credit use on CRT. You would still need to tip. Also, if you aren’t seeing any availability for CRT you could try calling. Seems like online booking is hit or miss with that one for some reason. Good luck!

Just wanted to make sure you knew that tips aren’t covered by the dining plan.. it kind of sounds like that may be your thought process here for justifying the 2 credit use on CRT. You would still need to tip. Also, if you aren’t seeing any availability for CRT you could try calling. Seems like online booking is hit or miss with that one for some reason. Good luck!

CRT is actually one of the only ones that tax and tip are included.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that tips aren’t covered by the dining plan..

As Daniela Rose says, it’s one of the only restaurants that does include it.

And guys, I GOT MY ADR!!! Waaaahoooooo! I had never read that I couldn’t book it on the app so that explains why I was having such trouble. I thought I’d geared myself up for every scenario but apparently not. All great here now though, got every one that I wanted! The countdown continues!

Earlier in the thread I had said we were moving our trip to August, but we're back to May again (12-22 for now). ADR date is tomorrow. Zzzzzz - hoping I can roll myself out of bed early enough to get everything. I can't stand using the app for stuff like this so I'll definitely want to be at my laptop. I don't have many difficult ADR's to book, but we're a party of 7 so that could make it a bit more challenging.

Sounds like ADRs are going well... atleast now that CRT came through for you crazy_cremello.

I remember our first trip after they started the requirement of having a credit card on file to reserve and I forgot to add my card to my profile and there was much flailing that morning as I ran to get my card. Thankfully this ADR day I was on top of it and it all went well.

Of course now it’s just waiting for fast passes in March. Atleast we have Christmas/holidays to distract us. Not sure what will happen come January though lol.

Earlier in the thread I had said we were moving our trip to August, but we're back to May again (12-22 for now). ADR date is tomorrow. Zzzzzz - hoping I can roll myself out of bed early enough to get everything. I can't stand using the app for stuff like this so I'll definitely want to be at my laptop. I don't have many difficult ADR's to book, but we're a party of 7 so that could make it a bit more challenging.

I would book them for you lol. Is it sad how much I like the planing and booking.

ADR SUCCESS!!!! Whoop! I have to call later, as I’m planning a little surprise for my daughter. I’ll fill you all in later. But other than that, we got all our must haves for this trip.

Oh... we also needed one more night. Our reservation at Boardwalk Villas is same and we’ve added the night of the 17th at Port Orleans Riverside.

I love the ADR milestone. Feeling very real!!!!!

Did my ADRs this morning and got pretty much everything I wanted! So glad to cross one more thing off my list lol. Here are my picks

1900 park faire dinner
Garden grill breakfast
CRT lunch
Trattoria al forno breakfast
Sci fi dinner
Tusker house breakfast
BOG lunch

Lots of character meals but this is our first trip and my girls are 8,6,3 so I'm sure they'll love it!

Character meals are fun at ALL ages. One of my 21yo must haves was Crystal Palace!!! Glad I got it. Don’t want a sulky adult on my hands. Haha.

Joining in! Doing an EPIC DisMeet with some Disers, as well as an adults only trip with my DH. Its quick and dirty. Flying in early, early Friday May 3rd, back home Sunday May 5th. Currently booked at POFQ but waiting for AP rates to come out to see if we will be switching to another resort, but just really hoping for a better deal at POFQ. Can't wait to check out Flower & Garden!

I still have almost 2 weeks to wait before ADRs, but we just made a quick shift to our plans. So although I'm anxious for the day to come, I'm glad to have a little more time.

It's a surprise trip but DD saw a pic of SDD online the other day & thought it was so cool! So we moved our HS day to the end of our trip to increase the chance of getting that coveted FP. Naturally, that caused a chain reaction....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter