OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I have a few questions and I don't know where to ask them so I figured I'd start here since someone is bound to know a lot about November.

We are going this November, the week after Thanksgiving. My husband, myself and my daughter. Our MDE is in my husband's name. I am hoping to book possibly a bounceback offer to return in November 2018, but not bringing my husband, instead bringing my mother in law. It would be a short weekend trip. Probably flying in on a Thursday as early as possible, but not doing a park (maybe a fun dinner show). Then doing just MK Friday and Saturday. Flying home Sunday. No park hopping planned at this time. Dates could change a little, but right now I am looking at the weekend before Thanksgiving week starts.

First questions: Could we possibly book bounceback on our account that is in my husbands name if he would not be on the trip? And yes, I know this year the bounceback excluded November, but also wondering if we can book a trip at all on our MDE if husband would not be on the trip. Not counting on a bounceback to make the trip happen, just hoping.

Next question: Is there anything that goes on that particular weekend? My main goal is low crowds since it will be a very fast trip. I could possible change to the first week of October, but would rather do November since it'll be a little less hot.

Any other guidance would help. Very early planning stages.

First questions: Could we possibly book bounceback on our account that is in my husbands name if he would not be on the trip? And yes, I know this year the bounceback excluded November, but also wondering if we can book a trip at all on our MDE if husband would not be on the trip. Not counting on a bounceback to make the trip happen, just hoping.
Any adult staying in the room can book a bounceback. Both our adult daughter and my sister have done it. :)

Next question: Is there anything that goes on that particular weekend? My main goal is low crowds since it will be a very fast trip. I could possible change to the first week of October, but would rather do November since it'll be a little less hot.
If you are referring to the weekend after Thanksgiving - Nov 25th would be the Saturday after Thanksgiving, then that is when the Candlelight Processional and the special Christmas activities begin at Epcot.

Any adult staying in the room can book a bounceback. Both our adult daughter and my sister have done it. :)

If you are referring to the weekend after Thanksgiving - Nov 25th would be the Saturday after Thanksgiving, then that is when the Candlelight Processional and the special Christmas activities begin at Epcot.

We are going the week after Thanksgiving this year but I am looking into a different week for 2018. Sorry if that was confusing because of my ticker! Haven't even gone this year and I'm already trying to plan another trip! LOL. I am actually thinking of the weekend before Thanksgiving 2018. So the dates of Thursday through Sunday would be 11/15-18. Looking at crowd calendars for this year it seems the crowds pick up that Sunday a lot, but we would be leaving that day and not entering a park. Good to know anyone can book a bounceback, although it seems we probably won't be offered anything for November based on history. Possibly could wait on a room or package discount. Then maybe we could use that trip to bounceback in 2019 with my husband for a long trip!

Reactions: ARS

I am seeking opinions on what to do about our AK day. We have a 1:00pm lunch at Sanaa booked and I think we should plan to head to AK after it to try and catch the night time stuff. I'm not a huge fan of AK, but I wouldn't miss Safari or FOTLK for anything. What time should we plan to get there? is 2 hours enough time for Sanaa and travel? We have never been to AKL and really can't wait to see it! I don't want to rush us around.

I am seeking opinions on what to do about our AK day. We have a 1:00pm lunch at Sanaa booked and I think we should plan to head to AK after it to try and catch the night time stuff. I'm not a huge fan of AK, but I wouldn't miss Safari or FOTLK for anything. What time should we plan to get there? is 2 hours enough time for Sanaa and travel? We have never been to AKL and really can't wait to see it! I don't want to rush us around.
I think that two hours is a good guess, although another 1/2 hour wouldn't hurt. . The AKL buses to AK aren't any faster at showing up at the resort than the buses for the other parks, although the ride to the park is short.

I think that two hours is a good guess, although another 1/2 hour wouldn't hurt. . The AKL buses to AK aren't any faster at showing up at the resort than the buses for the other parks, although the ride to the park is short.

Thanks for the reply! We'll have our car, so that probably helps. I think we'll go to AKL early to walk around before lunch.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Couldn't find a thread for November 2017 and I'm soooo ready to get to talking to others about Disney even if we're over a year a way!

EDIT-Needing to update the Pre Trip Report so it will be gone for a bit :)

We are 448 days from the start of our trip. party:

Official Trips Dates November 23rd-Dec 3rd. (Nov 23rd driving check in to Disney Nov 24th and check out Dec 2nd and driving on the 3rd)

We are booked at Port Orleans Riverside!:banana:

So please come on in and share with us what your plans are!!!

Whoo-hoo! Enjoy!
Im Nov 7th to NOV 14th !!!
Thanks for the thread!!!

So happy to have found this thread!! :)
We're going back for Thanksgiving week 2017! Not sure of the exact dates yet- but definitely Thanksgiving week. We went over Thanksgiving last year ans loved it!! We were planning on the Poly but am not sure now- considering a split stay between the WL and Grand Floridian.
We have to plan around ds's school schedule so the only time we can go is either easter or thanksgiving- Thanksgiving won out. We'll be booking as soon as I get our dates set and settle on a resort.
Looking forward to planning along with everyone here! :flower1: Will check out your trip report too. pixiedust:

Whoo-hoo!
Happy Planning.
I'm November 7th to November 14th!!!

We are going Nov 25th-Dec2nd and can't wait!! Hoping for low crowds but it looks like the hotels are booked up that week. I'm also working hard at getting the ADR's I didn't get like BOG lunch and Ohana's dinner. Hopefully something will open up!

We are going Nov 25th-Dec2nd and can't wait!! Hoping for low crowds but it looks like the hotels are booked up that week. I'm also working hard at getting the ADR's I didn't get like BOG lunch and Ohana's dinner. Hopefully something will open up!
We are going to be there Nov 21 to Dec 4th. I, too, am working hard to get my ADRS.

Originally I booked Nov 29 to Dec 10 and had all my ADRS booked, having gotten up at 3 am PT at 180 days out. I got ALL that I wanted, including BOG and Ohana. A few weeks later my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD in a basketball tournament at the same time. Soooooo, it's back to the drawing board. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

This is our 25th Anniversary Celebration and I want EVERYTHING to be perfect. I am spending more on this trip than I did on the wedding! Having to go during Thanksgiving isn't helping the budget much either. Staying at AKL/FWC Cabins/YC and flying First Class, all of which are a secret to DHS. He thinks we are staying at ASMO and have the extra legroom behind first class. LOL

pixiedust:

We are going to be there Nov 21 to Dec 4th. I, too, am working hard to get my ADRS.

Originally I booked Nov 29 to Dec 10 and had all my ADRS booked, having gotten up at 3 am PT at 180 days out. I got ALL that I wanted, including BOG and Ohana. A few weeks later my boss changed her mind about going to Hawaii to watch her GD in a basketball tournament at the same time. Soooooo, it's back to the drawing board. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper.

This is our 25th Anniversary Celebration and I want EVERYTHING to be perfect. I am spending more on this trip than I did on the wedding! Having to go during Thanksgiving isn't helping the budget much either. Staying at AKL/FWC Cabins/YC and flying First Class, all of which are a secret to DHS. He thinks we are staying at ASMO and have the extra legroom behind first class. LOL

pixiedust:

Wow!! That is something! You've got your work cut out for you. Have you tried the reservation finders on touring plans and mouse dining? Congrats on your anniversary!

Wow!! That is something! You've got your work cut out for you. Have you tried the reservation finders on touring plans and mouse dining? Congrats on your anniversary!
Thank you. I consider my marriage my greatest accomplishment in life along with my two beautiful, adult, highly productive daughters.

I currently have two ressies plugged into TP, including a BOG early dinner on the day of our MVMCP. I dont know about mouse dining. I will have to check it out. Regardless of where we eat we will have a FANTASTIC time!

Thank you. I consider my marriage my greatest accomplishment in life along with my two beautiful, adult, highly productive daughters.

I currently have two ressies plugged into TP, including a BOG early dinner on the day of our MVMCP. I dont know about mouse dining. I will have to check it out. Regardless of where we eat we will have a FANTASTIC

Hi all
We are joining you all in November 24th to 28th
Got our ADRs with 1 exception.
Havent been since JAN 1st 2010!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter