*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

November 4-10 for us - frequent travelers to WDW in early November! Celebrating our 10 year anniversary and staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time!

We haven't booked yet - waiting for my sister to get back from vacation. But I think our dates are 11/27-12/1. It'll depend on the Southwest flight schedule. We're planning two or three days at Disney and a day at Universal. I'm hoping to stay at POR or POFQ, but CBR or POP are also options. It'll be me, my 5yo DS, and my new baby DS - he'll be 10 months when we go.

@Newsies Please add me to rollcall. We just booked our trip Nov 6-13 at CR. I’m trying to nail down which restaurants to make our ADR’s for. Coming up on 30 day countdown for that!:tigger:

Frontier just released flights. To come home to Philly is $266 on 11/11. Holy cow! I'm hoping Southwest isn't so high but gotta wait until May 31.

November 4-10 for us - frequent travelers to WDW in early November! Celebrating our 10 year anniversary and staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time!

I could have sworn I added you to the Roll Call when I saw your post last week! Oops! Welcome aboard!

@Newsies Please add me to rollcall. We just booked our trip Nov 6-13 at CR. I’m trying to nail down which restaurants to make our ADR’s for. Coming up on 30 day countdown for that!:tigger:

Welcome aboard!

Hey! Sign me up for the roll call please! Nov has become our usual due to it being only time we can make it work with school schedules that isn't crazy hot! Plus the decorations are beautiful! Currently the plan is ASM Nov 15 thru 25. I'm such a "planning geek" & stoked to find this thread!

Is anyone else having problems trying to pick which day to go where? I am trying to figure out ADR and just get stuck. I have never had this happen before! I probably am trying to figure it out to early, I still have 54 days until ADR day.

Is anyone else having problems trying to pick which day to go where? I am trying to figure out ADR and just get stuck. I have never had this happen before! I probably am trying to figure it out to early, I still have 54 days until ADR day.
When was the last time you've been to Disney? Are there restaurants that you didn't eat at that you would like to? Do you know what days you are going to what parks?

As a first timer, this step was/is so hard for me. I can't tell you how much time I have put into this. I've been to Disney twice, but not for many, many years. First we decided what parks we wanted to visit and where we were staying. After a lot of reading, I tried to gear it down to one restaurant (TS) per park. What meal do you want to use? Are you on the Dining Plan? How many character meals are you wanting to do?

I created a spreadsheet and it is helping SO much! On my spreadsheet I've listed the QS places in the park where we are at so that'll help us when we want a QS meal. This is where we are eating; all restaurants require little to no travel time.

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace (maybe one or the other)
1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Tusker House
Hoop-De-Doo
Be Our Guest

We are still deciding between Epcot or Hollywood Studios, so will probably do QS meals on those days. Good luck!

I used to do the whole DDP and an ADR everyday and it all had to align with park days. Next trip I'm making 3 ADR's for a 9 night trip. BOG lunch, HDDR and CG dinner. From there we will just do same day ADR's, QS or lounges. I feel so much freer this trip!!!

Last edited:
I should add that two of my ADR (3 TS credits) will be on a resort/water park day. I didn't want to be a slave to a reservation on my vacation!

When was the last time you've been to Disney? Are there restaurants that you didn't eat at that you would like to? Do you know what days you are going to what parks?

As a first timer, this step was/is so hard for me. I can't tell you how much time I have put into this. I've been to Disney twice, but not for many, many years. First we decided what parks we wanted to visit and where we were staying. After a lot of reading, I tried to gear it down to one restaurant (TS) per park. What meal do you want to use? Are you on the Dining Plan? How many character meals are you wanting to do?

I created a spreadsheet and it is helping SO much! On my spreadsheet I've listed the QS places in the park where we are at so that'll help us when we want a QS meal. This is where we are eating; all restaurants require little to no travel time.

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace (maybe one or the other)
1900 Park Fare
Ohana
Tusker House
Hoop-De-Doo
Be Our Guest

We are still deciding between Epcot or Hollywood Studios, so will probably do QS meals on those days. Good luck!

I used to do the whole DDP and an ADR everyday and it all had to align with park days. Next trip I'm making 3 ADR's for a 9 night trip. BOG lunch, HDDR and CG dinner. From there we will just do same day ADR's, QS or lounges. I feel so much freer this trip!!!

Thanks for all the advice. The problem isn't picking where to eat, it is what day to be at what park. I know the travel agent calendars are not offered anymore so what parks have emh and I know sometimes the cast party at MK will affect hours too.

Thanks for all the advice. The problem isn't picking where to eat, it is what day to be at what park. I know the travel agent calendars are not offered anymore so what parks have emh and I know sometimes the cast party at MK will affect hours too.

I forget where I found calendars for last year, but I did, maybe Touring Plans.com? Either way, I bought a membership there for $14.99 for the year. It provides estimated park times and EMH based on previous years calculations. Of course everything can change up to the week you go. It's SO hard to decide which day to go to which park, but you got to go with what fits with what you want to do.

Are you going to the Christmas party, MVMCP? I heard MK days are less crowded on those days. Here's the list of dates when the party's are. http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/...party-and-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/ The park will be more crowded from 4-6:00 though. I don't even know if I'm allowed to put links to other boards?

I’m using last years calendar. Kenny the Pirate should release November’s hours by mid April. They’ll extend hours but you’ll have the EMH down.

I forget where I found calendars for last year, but I did, maybe Touring Plans.com? Either way, I bought a membership there for $14.99 for the year. It provides estimated park times and EMH based on previous years calculations. Of course everything can change up to the week you go. It's SO hard to decide which day to go to which park, but you got to go with what fits with what you want to do.

Are you going to the Christmas party, MVMCP? I heard MK days are less crowded on those days. Here's the list of dates when the party's are. http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/...party-and-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party/ The park will be more crowded from 4-6:00 though. I don't even know if I'm allowed to put links to other boards?

I’m using last years calendar. Kenny the Pirate should release November’s hours by mid April. They’ll extend hours but you’ll have the EMH down.

Thanks. I was looking at Kenny the Pirates site, looks like he is the best.

Hi! We are planning to be at Disney the last week of November. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a date for the night one of the parks (I think usually MK) closes early for the cast member Christmas party. Last year it was November 30th while we were down there. I haven’t seen any dates for it yay this year but was wondering if it would be that same week again.

Hi! We are planning to be at Disney the last week of November. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about a date for the night one of the parks (I think usually MK) closes early for the cast member Christmas party. Last year it was November 30th while we were down there. I haven’t seen any dates for it yay this year but was wondering if it would be that same week again.
We are there that same week. I am thinking it will not be that week, or not at MK at least. Touring Plans seemed to be expecting it to be that last Thursday again (29th) and had tentative park hours with MK closing at 4 (I think). But now that is a party date. TP adjusted their expected hours in line with other party dates (6 pm). There are 4 parties that week. If they close early another night...well, I’d be surprised.

We are going 11/17 - 11/23 and staying ay the Poly!!

for ADR's we will be choosing our normal breakfast buffets; Crystal Palace, Tuskers, Garden Grill, and Ohana.. then 50's or Sci-Fi for a lunch or dinner when we are at HS.. I'm not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving dinner yet.

Hey! Sign me up for the roll call please! Nov has become our usual due to it being only time we can make it work with school schedules that isn't crazy hot! Plus the decorations are beautiful! Currently the plan is ASM Nov 15 thru 25. I'm such a "planning geek" & stoked to find this thread!

We are going 11/17 - 11/23 and staying ay the Poly!!

for ADR's we will be choosing our normal breakfast buffets; Crystal Palace, Tuskers, Garden Grill, and Ohana.. then 50's or Sci-Fi for a lunch or dinner when we are at HS.. I'm not sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving dinner yet.

Welcome to the roll call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter