*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We are doing the dessert party on 11/2 which is arrival day. We are very excited. We leave on 11/11. :(
That'll be a nice way to start off the week! I was going to do it on our first day at MK, but now I'm wondering if we should even go that day since it's going to be a very busy day. I can't decide if I want to plan around the crowd calendar or when I'll be better of getting my ADR's and FP's.

I'll have a week to be able to track how the HS TSL FP are going before I have to finalize my plans for ADR's. Are you going to HS @mi*vida*loca?

Yes I have us going to DHS 3 separate times. It's DD's favorite park and we are staying at BWV. We will do the morning on 11/3 which is an AM EMH day, 11/4 in the evening and 11/9 in the afternoon and evening. We are doing MVMCP on 11/8 so we will sleep in and go to DHS around 12 on 11/9, I'm guessing. I'm hoping to see Jingle Ball Jingle Jam this night. That's the reason we are doing 2 evenings there.

On 11/3 I'm hoping to get SDC, RnRC and ToT FP+.

On 11/4 we are doing Epcot in the morning and I'm only going to book Soarin FP. Once we tap into that I'm going to book two FP+ for DHS in the evening.

On 11/5 I'm hoping to get TSMM, RnRC and ToT.

My plan for the Mater ride is to ride it at RD on 11/3 or really late one of the nights. Or hopefully get a same day FP+ for it!

I've never been to HS (please don't cry) and we're going for the first time this year. I was expecting Jingle Ball, Jingle Jam to be the evening show there but it's not popping up on Kenny. Is it just that times haven't been announced yet?

Yes I have us going to DHS 3 separate times. It's DD's favorite park and we are staying at BWV. We will do the morning on 11/3 which is an AM EMH day, 11/4 in the evening and 11/9 in the afternoon and evening. We are doing MVMCP on 11/8 so we will sleep in and go to DHS around 12 on 11/9, I'm guessing. I'm hoping to see Jingle Ball Jingle Jam this night. That's the reason we are doing 2 evenings there.

On 11/3 I'm hoping to get SDC, RnRC and ToT FP+.

On 11/4 we are doing Epcot in the morning and I'm only going to book Soarin FP. Once we tap into that I'm going to book two FP+ for DHS in the evening.

On 11/5 I'm hoping to get TSMM, RnRC and ToT.

My plan for the Mater ride is to ride it at RD on 11/3 or really late one of the nights. Or hopefully get a same day FP+ for it!
You should try to get FP for TSL FP for each day you go! I haven't been since 2002 when is was MGM! This is our first trip so we will only go one day. Have fun!!

@Sarah_B It's ok. I haven't been to Disney in over 15 years! I say this is our one and only time we will go, but hoping the kids will fall in love and beg Dad to go back. :earboy2:

You should try to get FP for TSL FP for each day you go! I haven't been since 2002 when is was MGM! This is our first trip so we will only go one day. Have fun!!

@Sarah_B It's ok. I haven't been to Disney in over 15 years! I say this is our one and only time we will go, but hoping the kids will fall in love and beg Dad to go back. :earboy2:

I may change our FP on 11/4 to DHS. But then that would leave no FP+ days for Epcot. I think we can manage Epcot at RD with no FP+. Or get additional FP in the evening since there's just two of us.

I've never been to HS (please don't cry) and we're going for the first time this year. I was expecting Jingle Ball, Jingle Jam to be the evening show there but it's not popping up on Kenny. Is it just that times haven't been announced yet?

We don't go to Disney very often. About every 2-3 years or more. I think JBJB just hasn't been announced yet. It's still pretty early.

We have about 2.5 weeks under our ADR date! It feels a little anti-climatic this trip for me. I am not sure why, but I am very indecisive about ADRs. We are staying at the Grand this trip and want to try some new restaurants, but have decided not to do any signature restaurants. So far I am thinking:

Thursday, 11/1: The Wave (arrival/race expo day)
Friday, 11/2: So undecided! Doing DAK this day. Maybe Kona Cafe, maybe Tusker House if we stay in DAK, maybe Grand Floridian Cafe. We have to do an early dinner since we have the 10K the next morning.
Saturday, 11/3: DHS day. Via Napoli or Trattoria al Forno before the half on Sun
Sunday, 11/4: Epcot day. Thinking lunch at Rose & Crown after a post half marathon nap!
Monday, 11/5: This is our MK day and normally we'd do BOG, but we are not feeling the change to a signature dinner, so looking at maybe the Plaza or Skipper Canteen or could eat a monorail resort.
Tuesday, 11/6: Last hurrah at F&W festival. Probably won't do an ADR. Might skip a MK ADR and do breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or Grand Floridian.

The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe and Skipper Canteen are new options for us. I've done dinner at Rose & Crown and 1900 Park Fare, but lunch or breakfast would be new options for us.

We have about 2.5 weeks under our ADR date! It feels a little anti-climatic this trip for me. I am not sure why, but I am very indecisive about ADRs. We are staying at the Grand this trip and want to try some new restaurants, but have decided not to do any signature restaurants. So far I am thinking:

Friday, 11/2: So undecided! Doing DAK this day. Maybe Kona Cafe, maybe Tusker House if we stay in DAK, maybe Grand Floridian Cafe. We have to do an early dinner since we have the 10K the next morning.
Saturday, 11/3: DHS day. Via Napoli or Trattoria al Forno before the half on Sun
Sunday, 11/4: Epcot day. Thinking lunch at Rose & Crown after a post half marathon nap!
Monday, 11/5: This is our MK day and normally we'd do BOG, but we are not feeling the change to a signature dinner, so looking at maybe the Plaza or Skipper Canteen or could eat a monorail resort.
Tuesday, 11/6: Last hurrah at F&W festival. Probably won't do an ADR. Might skip a MK ADR and do breakfast at 1900 Park Fare or Grand Floridian.

The Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe and Skipper Canteen are new options for us. I've done dinner at Rose & Crown and 1900 Park Fare, but lunch or breakfast would be new options for us.

I've read good reviews on Skipper Canteen. I'm a newbie and haven't been to DW in 15 years though. Good luck on your 10k! That will be fun.

Kenny the Pirate has posted hours for November 2018. MK closes at 4:30 pm on 11/5.

Kenny the Pirate has posted hours for November 2018. MK closes at 4:30 pm on 11/5.

I did read that earlier today. Kind of annoys me that they'd do it on a race weekend, but I'll wait for official confirmation from Disney before I change my plans. (Kenny is a good trusted source, but before rearranging I'd rather have it straight from the horses mouth.) Could switch our MK and DHS days or DAK days. But DHS is normally a light walking day for me which works for after the 10K before the half. Ugh, between cast parties and Christmas party tapings they're killing W&D weekend!

Does anyone who was at Disney last year during MVMCP remember when the latest you could book an ADR at MK on a party day without a party ticket was?

Got together with my sister and her family last night to plan out our dining. Our ADR date is Memorial Day and softball season gets into full swing next weekend so we figured we’d better get it settled at least somewhat. We came to a general game plan that I’m sure will be tweaked. There are 7 of us total. Our kids are 16 and 14 and my niece will be 2 1/2. We have hoppers as she’ll nap each day and we prefer to go back to the resort in the afternoon too. We’re at the Poly and they are at the GF. All on the regular Dining Plan

Sat 11/24 — arrival day. They’ll be flying in and we’ll likely be switching from an off-site hotel (planning SeaWorld and Discovery Cove on Thanksgiving and Friday). Lunch at Captain Cook’s. Check in and unpack.
4 pm Hoop De Doo Revue show
Magic Kingdom for the night. Should be open late. Will likely be quite crowded but we figure we’ll do our 3 FP’s and soak in the atmosphere!

Sun 11/25 - Magic Kingdom morning. It’s a party day so hoping for somewhat lower crowds. Lunch at Be our Guest.
Evening at DHS. Dinner at H&V for Minnie’s Holiday Dine (new restaurant for us but the characters are perfect for my niece and in holiday attire!)

Mon 11/26- Epcot morning. Lunch in the WS. I want Mexican!
Ohana dinner for the 4 adults. My crazy kids don’t want to go here again (it’s a favorite for the rest of us). So the plan is they will take their little cousin to Captain Cook’s and “babysit” her for awhile. Maybe do the splash play area,etc
Might do MK tonight (us at least) since it’s likely to be EMH until midnight

Tues 11/27- DHS morning. Lunch will be quick service there or our family might go over to Disney springs to Earl of Sandwich which we love.
Epcot evening for EMH. Dinner at Tutto Italia

Wed 11/28- Animal Kingdom morning. Quick service lunch there. I want to try Sau’uli Canteen
Dinner at Big River Grille. This is a new one for us. My DH specifically requested a ribeye. But didn’t want another 2 TS restaurant. Oooookay, lol. So we searched the menus and came up with this. Seems to have a good variety for all of us and we’ve never visited the Boardwalk area.
Maybe Disney Springs tonight for some shopping

Thurs 11/29- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast. The rest of the day is undecided. If it’s really warm, we may go to Aquatica since we’ll have access still.

Fri 11/30 - whatever everyone wants. No ADR’s. Probably lunch at Columbia Harbor House as this is on my BIL’s must-do list.

Saturday 12/1- departure. We’re driving so we may stay for the morning if there’s anything we really want to do yet. We’ll be splitting the drive into 2 days regardless.

We like to leave the last couple days open for repeats of favorites, catch things we missed, etc. We’ll make FP+ for those days but haven’t decided where yet. And they may be changed.

Our family will have 2 extra TS since the kids aren’t doing Ohana. We plan to do an in-room pizza with those most likely. Maybe on our 1900 breakfast day or on Friday when we have no reservations. The pizzas are pretty big and you get 2 desserts and 2 drinks. Includes gratuity. Likely will supplement with 1 or 2 QS maybe from the Oasis bar to feed the 4 of us.

We plan to eat breakfasts in the room or on our way to parks. We’ll bring light stuff from home and sometimes we use Snack credits from Captain Cook’s for pastries. We should just need to pay OOP for one QS meal for 3-4 of us. Probably Earl of Sandwich if we go there as it’s not as pricey. I have over $300 in Rewards on my Visa and that should be about $400 by trip time. We plan to use that for tips at the 5 TS it’s not included, extra alcoholic drinks, those OOP QS meals and maybe a souvenir or two. We’re not big shoppers so looking to have the trip basically paid in full before we go with very little actual OOP expense.

Sorry so long! I’d love to hear any input on our plans. The one thing I am still considering is possibly doing the CP package at Tutto. I don’t think my sister would since my niece is so little. If we did this we’d drop the in room pizza plan. We’d use 6 TS credits and pay OOP for one of us. I’m still not really sure though. We may just wing it and if we want to see it...we just wait in standby

Got together with my sister and her family last night to plan out our dining. Our ADR date is Memorial Day and softball season gets into full swing next weekend so we figured we’d better get it settled at least somewhat. We came to a general game plan that I’m sure will be tweaked. There are 7 of us total. Our kids are 16 and 14 and my niece will be 2 1/2. We have hoppers as she’ll nap each day and we prefer to go back to the resort in the afternoon too. We’re at the Poly and they are at the GF. All on the regular Dining Plan

Sat 11/24 — arrival day. They’ll be flying in and we’ll likely be switching from an off-site hotel (planning SeaWorld and Discovery Cove on Thanksgiving and Friday). Lunch at Captain Cook’s. Check in and unpack.
4 pm Hoop De Doo Revue show
Magic Kingdom for the night. Should be open late. Will likely be quite crowded but we figure we’ll do our 3 FP’s and soak in the atmosphere!

Sun 11/25 - Magic Kingdom morning. It’s a party day so hoping for somewhat lower crowds. Lunch at Be our Guest.
Evening at DHS. Dinner at H&V for Minnie’s Holiday Dine (new restaurant for us but the characters are perfect for my niece and in holiday attire!)

Mon 11/26- Epcot morning. Lunch in the WS. I want Mexican!
Ohana dinner for the 4 adults. My crazy kids don’t want to go here again (it’s a favorite for the rest of us). So the plan is they will take their little cousin to Captain Cook’s and “babysit” her for awhile. Maybe do the splash play area,etc
Might do MK tonight (us at least) since it’s likely to be EMH until midnight

Tues 11/27- DHS morning. Lunch will be quick service there or our family might go over to Disney springs to Earl of Sandwich which we love.
Epcot evening for EMH. Dinner at Tutto Italia

Wed 11/28- Animal Kingdom morning. Quick service lunch there. I want to try Sau’uli Canteen
Dinner at Big River Grille. This is a new one for us. My DH specifically requested a ribeye. But didn’t want another 2 TS restaurant. Oooookay, lol. So we searched the menus and came up with this. Seems to have a good variety for all of us and we’ve never visited the Boardwalk area.
Maybe Disney Springs tonight for some shopping

Thurs 11/29- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast. The rest of the day is undecided. If it’s really warm, we may go to Aquatica since we’ll have access still.

Fri 11/30 - whatever everyone wants. No ADR’s. Probably lunch at Columbia Harbor House as this is on my BIL’s must-do list.

Saturday 12/1- departure. We’re driving so we may stay for the morning if there’s anything we really want to do yet. We’ll be splitting the drive into 2 days regardless.

We like to leave the last couple days open for repeats of favorites, catch things we missed, etc. We’ll make FP+ for those days but haven’t decided where yet. And they may be changed.

Our family will have 2 extra TS since the kids aren’t doing Ohana. We plan to do an in-room pizza with those most likely. Maybe on our 1900 breakfast day or on Friday when we have no reservations. The pizzas are pretty big and you get 2 desserts and 2 drinks. Includes gratuity. Likely will supplement with 1 or 2 QS maybe from the Oasis bar to feed the 4 of us.

We plan to eat breakfasts in the room or on our way to parks. We’ll bring light stuff from home and sometimes we use Snack credits from Captain Cook’s for pastries. We should just need to pay OOP for one QS meal for 3-4 of us. Probably Earl of Sandwich if we go there as it’s not as pricey. I have over $300 in Rewards on my Visa and that should be about $400 by trip time. We plan to use that for tips at the 5 TS it’s not included, extra alcoholic drinks, those OOP QS meals and maybe a souvenir or two. We’re not big shoppers so looking to have the trip basically paid in full before we go with very little actual OOP expense.

Sorry so long! I’d love to hear any input on our plans. The one thing I am still considering is possibly doing the CP package at Tutto. I don’t think my sister would since my niece is so little. If we did this we’d drop the in room pizza plan. We’d use 6 TS credits and pay OOP for one of us. I’m still not really sure though. We may just wing it and if we want to see it...we just wait in standby

Great plans! I love the BW area at night. You need to try the ice cream at Ample Hills. The Oooey Gooey butter cake ice cream is soooo good.

And what? Your kids don’t want to eat at Ohana? Crazy kids indeed! I had to cancel our ADR last trip because dd5 was sick. I was really bummed because I was really looking forward to it & hoping the kids would like it. DH & I have eaten there but it would’ve been the kids’ first time.

Great plans! I love the BW area at night. You need to try the ice cream at Ample Hills. The Oooey Gooey butter cake ice cream is soooo good.

And what? Your kids don’t want to eat at Ohana? Crazy kids indeed! I had to cancel our ADR last trip because dd5 was sick. I was really bummed because I was really looking forward to it & hoping the kids would like it. DH & I have eaten there but it would’ve been the kids’ first time.

I really want to try Ample Hills!
I don’t understand my kids at all. Well, my daughter is not a big meat eater so that I get. But a 16 year old meat eater not wanting Ohana??? Nuts! I think part of it is after they said a few times they didn’t really want to go, we said fine. You’re old enough. You can do your own thing. I think they are more excited about just doing some things separate from us this trip.

I don't know if it has been announced yet, but it is showing up on my TP plans for 8:00.

I'm having a hard time getting motivated to plan :( My son is having his Bar Mitzvah on 11/10 and we head to WDW 11/20. Right now I am in the middle of trying to plan everything for the Bar Mitzvah and feel overwhelmed to think about WDW planning as well. And of course we are going the busiest week of the year. I got rid of the dining plan which helped alleviate significant stress, and plan on only making a couple of Table ADRs ahead of time. Maybe once Summer hits and I have a few weeks away from work I will feel more ready to plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!