*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Does anyone know when filming is likely to be for the TV special? Hoping to avoid it. Our party is 11/13 and wondering if I should be worrying about this.

According to Youtube, the last special was filmed from November 3 to 7. So they'll probably get everything done before you go.

Does anyone know when filming is likely to be for the TV special? Hoping to avoid it. Our party is 11/13 and wondering if I should be worrying about this.

We were in MK during one of the filming days in 2015 (Nov 11th). It really wasn't a big deal at all. They just had a stage area set up in front of the castle with some cameras, lights, and a small crowd of people watching. It didn't affect ride times or crowds in the park at all. Also, I don't believe they'd be filming during a party if that's what you're worried about.

DSCN1600.JPG

You know you're anxious about your first FP day/first WDW trip when you have nightmares about picking the right itinerary. Last night I dreamt that my mom (who's not even going on the trip) accidentally took us into Epcot the first day when it's supposed to be a MK day. So our FPs and ADR were wasted and we didn't hardly do anything.
I need a nap to recover from the nightmare. All of this planning is so much fun but so stressful!

Last edited:

You know you're anxious about your first FP day/first WDW trip when you have nightmares about picking the right itinerary. Last night I dreamt that my mom (who's not even going on the trip) accidentally took us into Epcot the first day when it's supposed to be a MK day. So our FPs and ADR were wasted and we didn't hardly do anything.
I need a nap to recover from the nightmare. All of this planning so much fun but so stressful!

Hilarious! I posted earlier that I just want Friday to be here so I can finally book my FP and be done with the obsessing, worrying and planning!

I need a nap to recover from the nightmare. All of this planning so much fun but so stressful!

Hilarious! I posted earlier that I just want Friday to be here so I can finally book my FP and be done with the obsessing, worrying and planning!

I think that's where I am too (except I had my FastPass day on the 11th). All of my stuff is paid for and planned, but I can't help checking to see if I can get a "better" time. I think I just need to lay off it for a while and just be happy with the times I have.

Planning is fun, but I think I've reached planning overload.

You don't even know how many similar nightmares I have had since planning our trip! Oddly enough, mine also usually involve extended family members (who are not coming with us) somehow being there and screwing everything up. :rotfl2:

So our FP+ day is Thursday and I am suddenly thinking of rearranging all our plans because I got a BOG reservation on a day that I wasn't planning to go to MK. This of course messes with the other reservations but I am thinking others might be easier to grab at the last minute!

The new plan is:
Magic Kingdom - Wed. 11/21
Epcot - Thurs (Thanksgiving) 11/22
AK - Fri 11/23
HS - Sat 11/24
with Saturday for whichever park we think we need more time in.

My original plan was to avoid the EMH because we are not early risers and rope drop will be a struggle but now we would be going on late EMH on Wed and early EMH on Thurs. Will those parks be crazy busy?

I need to stop over thinking and just get the FP and lock us into our days! HaHa.

So our FP+ day is Thursday and I am suddenly thinking of rearranging all our plans because I got a BOG reservation on a day that I wasn't planning to go to MK. This of course messes with the other reservations but I am thinking others might be easier to grab at the last minute!

The new plan is:
Magic Kingdom - Wed. 11/21
Epcot - Thurs (Thanksgiving) 11/22
AK - Fri 11/23
HS - Sat 11/24
with Saturday for whichever park we think we need more time in.

My original plan was to avoid the EMH because we are not early risers and rope drop will be a struggle but now we would be going on late EMH on Wed and early EMH on Thurs. Will those parks be crazy busy?

I need to stop over thinking and just get the FP and lock us into our days! HaHa.

I'm there the same days and have gone back and forth so many times. We too are not rope-droppers and I have changed my mind so many times. I think my FINAL plan is: 11/21- Epcot, 11/22 Resort Day, 11/23 HS, 11/24- AK, 11/25-MK MK closes early on 11/25 for MVMCP. I am hoping with lower crowd levels earlier in the day we can fit in what we want to do. I also have a ticket for our arrival day on 11/20 and we will likely go to MK in the late afternoon so will have some time in MK before the 25th.

Forgot to introduce my plans: My husband and I will be coming from Los Angeles and staying at Saratoga Springs from Nov 12-18! This is his first trip and my 5th, but my first trip doing all 4 parks. This trip is for our first wedding anniversary (although our actual anniversary is the day we leave WDW lol) so I'm so excited! Now that my FPs are done, I've been rearranging some ADRs, but overall feeling so ready to get out there and have fun :)

@Newsies figure I’ll throw my hat in the ring. Been lurking since April.

Staying at Pop Nov 2-9 for Wine and Dine 10k and Half Marathon.

Wife and I decided in March wanted to lose weight and go on a vacation, as we have never been on a week long vaca by ourselves. So two birds with one stone and signed up for the race and booked the room.

Looking forward to it as I have never been to WDW. Grew up going to Disneyland and haven’t been there in over 20 years.

Welcome both to the roll call!

Today was FP+ day for my family, it went well!

We (thankfully) didn't encounter any technical problems this morning, which was my biggest fear. I encountered technical problems with the DVC website last week when I tried to book our August 2019 trip, though!

Our trip dates are Nov 18-24. We didn't get SDD for our Hollywood Studios day, but we were able to book it for later in the week when we didn't really have any plans, so we're feeling really grateful! My whole family is really excited to do SDD and I really didn't want to disappoint them this morning. We were able to book Alien SS for our DHS day, so we'll get to do both this trip (knock on wood) which is great!

We did not get FOP for DAK day. It's fine, we've seen Pandora before and my parents weren't gonna go on it, anyway.

We also struggled finding Mine Train FP+ for our arrival day, but we booked one for Thanksgiving day, which is good.

In short: Barring SDD, FOP and 7DMT, we were able to get everything we wanted exactly when we wanted it for Thanksgiving Week.

Today was FP+ day for my family, it went well!

We (thankfully) didn't encounter any technical problems this morning, which was my biggest fear. I encountered technical problems with the DVC website last week when I tried to book our August 2019 trip, though!

Our trip dates are Nov 18-24. We didn't get SDD for our Hollywood Studios day, but we were able to book it for later in the week when we didn't really have any plans, so we're feeling really grateful! My whole family is really excited to do SDD and I really didn't want to disappoint them this morning. We were able to book Alien SS for our DHS day, so we'll get to do both this trip (knock on wood) which is great!

We did not get FOP for DAK day. It's fine, we've seen Pandora before and my parents weren't gonna go on it, anyway.

We also struggled finding Mine Train FP+ for our arrival day, but we booked one for Thanksgiving day, which is good.

In short: Barring SDD, FOP and 7DMT, we were able to get everything we wanted exactly when we wanted it for Thanksgiving Week.

I booked our FP two weeks ago and I had difficulty getting 7DMT on arrival day. The earliest they had was 7 pm but we have a dessert party that evening. We also booked it for another day.

I booked our FP two weeks ago and I had difficulty getting 7DMT on arrival day. The earliest they had was 7 pm but we have a dessert party that evening. We also booked it for another day.

I'm glad that you were also able to book it for another day!

Hey, heads up to any DVC members that are going to be around for Thanksgiving-- they quietly opened up booking for the DVC Member Thanksgiving Fest yesterday morning. It might be sold out already, but if you didn't know it was on sale and you really want to go, I'd definitely call Member Services ASAP!

45 days to go! I came so close to buying 1 day park tickets for our pre-cruise stay but changed my mind at the last minute. I just couldn't pull the trigger even with DH being on board. We have gone 3 times this past year and are planning a trip for August so we'll be fine without going this time. 1 day tickets are just so much $$$. It was strange not booking fast passes 60 days out.

I'm sorry for any of you that have had problems with the MDE system or app. I know the DCL site has been having a lot of issues too. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from now on.

I'm glad that you were also able to book it for another day!

Funny enough after typing that out, I went to check FP+ for my arrival day and they had a few 7DMT openings so I grabbed one! At a perfect time too.

I hit 44 days today. Maybe people are cancelling and dropping their FP+. I've seen some BOG dinners open up too.

Last edited:
Okay my kiddos have been back to school for a couple of weeks and now I can start planning again, LOL. I just realized FP+ day is next Wednesday so I better get going!:scared: We have the Canadian discounted tickets I bought last year but I am afraid to link them right now because everyone seems to be having so many problems with tickets disappearing! I am hoping IT gets everything figured out soon because a 2 hour wait to call Disney from Canada might cost more then our trip.:teeth:

I went to my parents house the other night to call and get the Canadian ticket prices and I was on hold for over 2 hours- but at least I used their free long distance!

I too have the Disney dreams where we miss all our fast passes or sleep until noon and go to the wrong park. Mine usually start closer to the trip though.

I really need to do some more planning. I did my FP+ almost 10 days ago, but aside from those and a couple of dining reservations, I have done nothing. I need some sort of a plan to make sure we get everything in - not that we always follow the plan. It just makes me feel better so we are using our time more wisely and not running all over the park.

My FP day is Friday, and I keep panicking thinking that I have missed my day!! And of course, I am worried about the system shutting down, so I have been compulsively checking My Reservations and Tickets a few times a day. And I'm not even trying to get the most difficult FPs! I just want my times and days to work out. With a 4 day trip, when I have been used to going for a week or more, there is not a lot of wiggle room. Wishing everyone who is in the same boat the best of luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter