*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

We also fly out of Philly and I will be jumping onto SW the day the fares are released. They tend to be the cheapest that day for any time around Jersey Week. Then they just go way up from there. If not I'm willing to drive to Baltimore for cheaper rates. I'm in South Jersey so it's a good 2 hour drive so it would have to be a big savings. Since it's only DD and myself it may not be worth it but I will have my eyes open for it.

I'm so anxious for our Southwest window to open! We are closest to Philly airport too, but it seems like we find better deals to Orlando out of Baltimore more often so we drive down there the night before and stay at a hotel with extended parking included. It works out pretty well. The hard part is the late night drive home at the end of trip!

I'm so anxious for our Southwest window to open! We are closest to Philly airport too, but it seems like we find better deals to Orlando out of Baltimore more often so we drive down there the night before and stay at a hotel with extended parking included. It works out pretty well. The hard part is the late night drive home at the end of trip!

On March 8 southwest opens up theirs schedule through November 2. My trip is 11/2-11/11. I really don’t want to buy one half of my airfare without seeing prices for the return. It would be a pain to fly out of Philly and back into Baltimore. Ugh. I’ll have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

On March 8 southwest opens up theirs schedule through November 2. My trip is 11/2-11/11. I really don’t want to buy one half of my airfare without seeing prices for the return. It would be a pain to fly out of Philly and back into Baltimore. Ugh. I’ll have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

I’m glad I saw this. I wasn’t expecting flights to come out until April. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi all! So we are heavily debating end of November vs after Labor day for our 2018 trip. We did September in 2016 and even though it was H-O-T the crowd level was great. Tell me, what do you like about November. Is it crowds? Weather?

Hi all! So we are heavily debating end of November vs after Labor day for our 2018 trip. We did September in 2016 and even though it was H-O-T the crowd level was great. Tell me, what do you like about November. Is it crowds? Weather?

Went in Sept/Oct in 2011. It was both hot & wet. Last time I went in November was 1988 (yes, I was there on Mickey's 60th birthday and now we'll be there on his 90th! I'm insanely excited) - and the weather was fantastic the whole week... but no clue what the crowds or weather will be like now! Figure it's got to be better than September (after Sept in Disney and early Oct at US, my family said NO WAY to ever going back in early fall again).

I’ve necer done September but just did November. End of November after Thanksgiving, weather was nice. A couple of days of 80s & we swam a little. Crowds were higher than I thought they would be. We went last 4th of July & I felt crowds in November were comparable. But very manageable. We’re early risers so we would get a lot done in the morning.

I'm in central PA so can fly out of Harrisburg, Philly or Baltimore. Baltimore is definitely where I find the best deals!

Historically I've gotten better deals out of Baltimore so I normally buy my flight out (this year will be 11/1) and then buy my return when it opens up.

Woo Hoo!

Just started planning our first November trip!!

Planning Nov 25 - Dec 3rd -- Not sure where we're staying! Hoping to book a bounce back during our March trip! Likely will be one of the All Stars or Pop Century.
We'll be at ASMu Nov 25-30!

Hello! I stepped away for awhile after our Nov/Dec trip. I had a Disney dream last night so I came back to see if their was an official Nov 2018 thread yet. We are doing a shorter girls only trip with my MIL, daughter and myself. Staying at POP 11/13-11/17. Ready to start planning, but not much can be done right now. Planning on doing MVMCP probably our last night. This will be my first time NOT doing park hopper and also staying pretty far out so I am anxious for park hours and party dates!

I don’t want to jinx anything but we visit every few years during either Thanksgiving Week or beginning of Dec and we have been so fortunate with good weather. The crowds have been pretty manageable. I would say go this time to experience all of the holiday stuff.

@Newsies

274 days until our wonderful Thanksgiving trip! We are a family of 8 staying in a grand villa at OKW. My brother is coming as well and hopefully my parents to make us a party of 11. We are planning on doing the MVMCP on Sunday the 25th. We have 9 day park hoppers and just need to book flights. Hoping for CRT for my middle daughters birthday. Thanks for letting me be part of this thread!

Room booked! We’re staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge before cruising on the Dream. I’m so excited! It’s our first time staying at AKL.

AKL is beautiful! We stayed there in September 2015, loved every minute of it.

@Newsies We will be there November 10-17 for our Honeymoon, and BOTH of our Birthdays!! We are staying at Pop Century. We were going to rent DVC points this trip but my fiancee really liked Pop Century, so we decided to stay there again because we are familiar with it and spend most of our time out and about anyways!! LOVE those renovated rooms! I always go the second week of October so I am so excited to experience November! We are planning on two special dinners on our birthdays (had BOG last trip, I know I want CRT for my birthday), MVMCP, and Keys to the Kingdom! Anyone have any November advice they want to share?? I am hoping it isnt as hot and humid as October, but I will take what I can get.

260 days to go!!

We have 3 rooms booked for 11/10-11/18 and we staying at Port Orleans Riverside!

So excited to be staying at POR again and very excited to be going in November again, to see some Christmas decorations. We have gone Labor Day week the last 2 years and while the crowds are amazing, the weather is so iffy - hot, rainy and we had to cut our trip short due to Irma. So we are looking forward to better weather.

@Newsies

DH and I will be at WDW 11/4 - 11/12 and staying at Fort Wilderness Campground. This will be our 15th trip to The Fort bringing our home on wheels i.e. 30' TT Shasta Flyte.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the Christmas decorations. We usually go in October when the Halloween/ Fall decorations are amazing at FWC. I understand Christmas decorations are pretty great too.
IMG_20180206_174531488~3.jpg

For those going Jersey Week, or any busy week in November, what is your FP+ strategy??

We've gone the last two trips at the end of August when it's pretty slow. Last trip we made our FP+ for our PM park and never pulled additional FP+. We would hit an AM park, midday break by the pool and then PM park with our FP+. We never pulled additional ones since it was 2015 and you had to wait in line at the kiosk to get more. The lines were short enough at the rides that it didn't make sense to stand in the massive kiosk lines just to avoid the ride line. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride.

I'm thinking for Jersey Week it may be better to start booking FP+ around 10-11 am and then try getting additional ones. Or should I do my usual plan??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!