*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Been here for three days now. What. A. Cluster. I've never seen crowds like this in my entire life, and I worked Peter Pan's Flight all throughout the 2016 holiday season.

Despite huge crowds, I was able to do all three rides at TSL today, meet Buzz, and eat at Woody's Lunchbox all before 2 PM today. Bring your patience, and even though I'm preaching to the choir here, PLEASE be kind and thank all of the CMs you see this trip-- especially if you notice they've got a college in their name tag, they're most likely away from their families over the holidays for the very first time and dealing with some of the worst crowds Disney has seen resort-wide in a long time.

Arrived home from our magical vacation late Sunday (early Monday?) and we all hustled off to the last 2 days of school before break. Exhausted but we pulled it off! Kids didn't figure it out until we took the luggage out of the trunk in the parking garage at the airport. Then Friday turned out to be a snow day so they didn't even miss any school! We did MVMCP with the Tony's dessert party, EMM, hit the opening of Festival of the Holidays & our first FOP ride. Totally successful trip!

Wishing everyone who is there now and leaving soon a wonderful trip!!
Arrived home a few days ago, I was there 11/6-11/15. It was hot and humid most days but it really cooled off on 11/15. The weather predictions kept changing until a day or two before the actual day. All of the CM's commented on the heat and one said it had been that way since march. We stayed at AoA and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus. The food court lines were long but went quickly and with a good plan the park crowds weren't completely awful. That said, those were the worst crowds. The lines still weren't too bad and we refreshed the app to get fp (I think Slinky was 90 minutes and AS2 was 40). There was one point where we couldn't walk in fantasyland, but other than that they were manageable. The crowds eventually died down in the evenings. Mobile order was my best friend when it came to food!
One of my lyft drivers was from South America and said they were on school break that time, so that added with the end of jersey week, veterans day weekend, and people trickling in for thanksgiving made for higher crowds. But I was in WDW so no crowd was too bad!! And I'll probably return at this time of year. The decorations were absolutely stunning! I don't even know how long I stood there in awe of the dream lights on the castle!!

Been here for three days now. What. A. Cluster. I've never seen crowds like this in my entire life, and I worked Peter Pan's Flight all throughout the 2016 holiday season.

Despite huge crowds, I was able to do all three rides at TSL today, meet Buzz, and eat at Woody's Lunchbox all before 2 PM today. Bring your patience, and even though I'm preaching to the choir here, PLEASE be kind and thank all of the CMs you see this trip-- especially if you notice they've got a college in their name tag, they're most likely away from their families over the holidays for the very first time and dealing with some of the worst crowds Disney has seen resort-wide in a long time.

I started wondering if it was just me seeing more people or if my summer and Columbus day weekend trips had been fluke things with low crowds. I guess it was really just that bad this year. CM's even said it was more crowded than expected.

Yeah it’s crazy crowded. We gave up or fast passes for tomorrow and just hanging at our resort till our dinner adr. I’m debating going back to Epcot Friday or just go on home early. Thankfully this wasn’t our first trip ever and we’ve been a few times this year. We are still having fun but we’ve done things we don’t normally do to beat the crowd. Mini golf and the movies and just people watching.

We are back home. Had a pretty amazing trip. Unfortunately I caught a cold halfway through plus my DM took a fall and got pretty banged up so some evenings we were not up to staying at the parks past a certain time and missed JBJB and HEA but got to see Illuminations for the last time. Thankfully my DH was fine. We really liked POR.

Got home Sunday night from our first ever Mom Daughter Trip. ( I am in my 60's, she is in her early 30's) We had a wonderful trip. Loved POFQ! Just the right size for anyone with physical limitations of any kind (arthritis, bad back etc.) The weather was perfect! We really lucked out. In the 70's and low humidity early in the trip ( 11/21-23) On the 24th it got a bit humid and temps creeped up to upper 70's and by the 25th it was sunny and low 80's. Just a sweatshirt jacket in the evenings was all we needed. We changed our plans a few times to suit our energy levels, or deciding that we'd rather spend an evening visiting our beloved WL and it's wonderful decorations than go to DS. We are far from commando visitors and my DD was quite adamant about not riding any rides I couldn't ride. ( although I did talk her into doing a few without me) The only insanely crowded day was Saturday in MK, which we expected. We had FPs and an ADR at Skipper Canteen, so we mostly enjoyed ourselves doing those and taking pictures of the holiday decorations. We had gone to MK after Thanksgiving dinner at Boma's, (instead of DS or HS, our original plan) so we had already done some of our Must Do's with much lower crowds. The wait times were insane every day and we were very thankful for our FPs and not having to wait in line for food! We didn't get to try Andy's Lunchbox, but there was no way we were going to stand that long. We also never went back to HS to see TSL at night because I couldn't face that insanely long walk from the bus stop to the park entrance! I felt bad for any first-timers that may not have planned well. It looked far from magical for many people, especially Saturday in MK. But, for us, it really was a magical 4.5 days, with much shared love of Disney and not one fight!

We are back home. Had a pretty amazing trip. Unfortunately I caught a cold halfway through plus my DM took a fall and got pretty banged up so some evenings we were not up to staying at the parks past a certain time and missed JBJB and HEA but got to see Illuminations for the last time. Thankfully my DH was fine. We really liked POR.
Sorry about your DM. Hope she's ok!
I noticed in the airport on our trip down that so many people were coughing. Then, I noticed that so many people were coughing at WDW too! I'm glad it was a short trip for us, because by Saturday I was starting to feel a tickle in the back of my throat. I'm not feeling too great now at home. A combination of trying to keep the cold I came home with from turning into bronchitis, and my ears reacting badly on the flight home. Very painful and they are still popping. I had no trouble on the way there, but we flew a little lower on that trip. Feel better soon!
P.S. Did you enjoy Boma's on Thanksgiving? We got seated almost right away, our ADR was at 5:55 and it was packed. The line on the meat side was pretty long, but I mostly ate soups and salads. Delicious, as usual! We hadn't been there for a few years, so we were glad to go back.

Sorry about your DM. Hope she's ok!
I noticed in the airport on our trip down that so many people were coughing. Then, I noticed that so many people were coughing at WDW too! I'm glad it was a short trip for us, because by Saturday I was starting to feel a tickle in the back of my throat. I'm not feeling too great now at home. A combination of trying to keep the cold I came home with from turning into bronchitis, and my ears reacting badly on the flight home. Very painful and they are still popping. I had no trouble on the way there, but we flew a little lower on that trip. Feel better soon!
P.S. Did you enjoy Boma's on Thanksgiving? We got seated almost right away, our ADR was at 5:55 and it was packed. The line on the meat side was pretty long, but I mostly ate soups and salads. Delicious, as usual! We hadn't been there for a few years, so we were glad to go back.

Our last trip a few years ago a stomach bug was going around. We were so lucky to not have caught it but kept seeing people get sick or the cleanup after someone did so I would rather have this cold than that. Our ears hurt on the return flight as well. It was a smaller plane so we weren’t sure if that had anything to do with it or not. We loved Boma again! Our ADR was 4:05 and were seated right away. It was not too crowded yet. Unfortunately that was one of the worst days with my cold so my appetite was not great. Thanks for asking about DM. She saw her doc yesterday and it does not appear that anything is broken she is very bruised and just needs time to heal.

Our last trip a few years ago a stomach bug was going around. We were so lucky to not have caught it but kept seeing people get sick or the cleanup after someone did so I would rather have this cold than that. Our ears hurt on the return flight as well. It was a smaller plane so we weren’t sure if that had anything to do with it or not. We loved Boma again! Our ADR was 4:05 and were seated right away. It was not too crowded yet. Unfortunately that was one of the worst days with my cold so my appetite was not great. Thanks for asking about DM. She saw her doc yesterday and it does not appear that anything is broken she is very bruised and just needs time to heal.
I am very glad we didn't have to deal with a stomach bug!! I'll take this annoying cold any day.

Spent 10 days over thanksgiving. Crowds were insane, not sure we’ll be returning again during this time. It was nice to see Christmas decor, and it hardly rained, but the parks were way too packed. Mickeys Christmas party was super busy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter