*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

You guys think the park hours will change and if so when? I really can’t see MK closing at 8pm on a Saturday...hoping for a later close!

So my dates changed a bit...I extended it a day to be from Sunday 10/21 through Friday 10/26. Plus it's no longer a solo trip! My mom hasn't been to Disney in about 14 years and I guess has been wanting to ask to join my solo trips...so hopefully she can get off work and we can make it a mother/daughter trip!

With the latest Magical Holiday promo to come out a few days ago I finally set our plans in stone and will be now staying at AKL the last week in October.

Anyone else notice how quite this thread is compared to other months?? Hoping that’s a good sign for lower crowds!

After running the June thread I wouldn't take that as anything other than people aren't engaged just yet. People will get more chatty as time goes along. Many of us are between that 180 and 60 day mark so not a lot going on. I will say that now I'm rested up from my trip earlier this month I'm ready to get back into it again. I just bought our Halloween Party tickets and I'm trying to figure out a general idea of when to do each park. That being said I don't feel like October is super-duper busy it's just that you can feel it a lot more when MK has hard-ticket events 4 nights a week.

Anyone else notice how quite this thread is compared to other months?? Hoping that’s a good sign for lower crowds!

That would be nice...I think we were saying that same thing in the April 2018 post I was in.

I don't have a ton to say regarding my trip right now. I guess my biggest conundrum is which MNSSHP to attend. Should I do it my arrival day, when I'll likely have been up since 3am getting to the airport, but will have been able to take a nap and relax before? Or should I leave it for my last evening (10/25), and just hope that nothing gets rained out and that I have enough time to eat all of the things I want?

Leaning toward 10/25...but I figure I have a bit of time to make up my mind.

Double Digit Day!! We leave in 99 days! Leaving around 7pm and driving through the night, so 100 days til we arrive!

I guess my biggest conundrum is which MNSSHP to attend. Should I do it my arrival day, when I'll likely have been up since 3am getting to the airport, but will have been able to take a nap and relax before? Or should I leave it for my last evening (10/25), and just hope that nothing gets rained out and that I have enough time to eat all of the things I want?

Leaning toward 10/25...but I figure I have a bit of time to make up my mind.
Not on arrival day. Even after a nap and break beforehand, it's still too exhausting for the arrival day.

Not on arrival day. Even after a nap and break beforehand, it's still too exhausting for the arrival day.

Yes, I'm leaning toward that conclusion too. Tuesday 10/23 is the perfect day, but that's the only Epcot EMH day and I love late night Epcot. I think Thursday it is! I'm sure there will be so many reviews out about the pastries/food that I will have more than enough time to get everything in.

I wouldn't put money on that haha. I used to run these threads and the FB groups when I was able to go more often. Usually things will really pick up once FPs are made and plans are more set in stone. In fact, I just found this thread today having forgotten to look for it!

My best friend and I are heading down 9/30 to 10/5 and staying at POFQ. We are celebrating her college graduation this year and will also be doing an early birthday for me.

With the new wreck in Ralph coming out in November do you think we’ll see some cool wreck in Ralph stuff in the parks??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!