*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

Is there any chance they will change park hours for MK on October 13? Right now it's 9am-9pm. I have an 8am BOG reservation, with the intention of going straight to 7DMT before rope drop then to Peter Pan. If they change the park hours to open at 8am that would definitely change my touring plan since I didn't get FP for either ride. Thanks!
Yes, it’s possible. I would just keep checking every day. If they do change the opening time to 8 am you could try getting a fp for 7dmt or pp. They should add some for both rides when they extend the hours. Then you could rope drop the other and get rid of your bog adr.

Checking in for the October 2018 team, as we're just 34 days from departure. We'll be at CR from 10/22-10/26, with a late arrival night at ASM on 10/21.

Our slate includes an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table and Fireworks Dessert Party, Early Magic Hours, MNSSHP, and we've even scored FP+'s for Slinky Dog Dash and Flight of Passage! We booked our stay nearly a year ago, and it's exciting to see it all coming up so soon!::MickeyMo

Hi all! I have a FP for FOP on Oct 1st for four people 10:45am-11:45am that I will be cancelling soon. Please pm me if you are interested and i will try to drop it when you are available.

Mod- so sorry if i am posting this in the wrong spot!

Is anyone else expecting serious issues with MDE during their trip on 10/16 when the new ticketing system is rolled out? With the way the site and app have been lately, I’m expecting a hot mess. :(

Yeah, I'm suddenly really worried about this too...heading down 10/21, so not as much as people there on 10/16, but this current DME issue has lasted two freaking weeks so I'm pretty pessimistic.

I guess I shouldn't worry, since 1) I've made good FP's and everything and 2) there's literally nothing I can do. But yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be a mess. I just rely so much on "walking up" FP's and getting 4ths to maximize my time.

I might be in the Tiki Room a lot! :)

Yeah, I'm suddenly really worried about this too...heading down 10/21, so not as much as people there on 10/16, but this current DME issue has lasted two freaking weeks so I'm pretty pessimistic.

I guess I shouldn't worry, since 1) I've made good FP's and everything and 2) there's literally nothing I can do. But yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be a mess. I just rely so much on "walking up" FP's and getting 4ths to maximize my time.

I might be in the Tiki Room a lot! :)
We head down 10/23. I’m taking screen shots of absolutely everything so at least I know when things are. My account has had trouble lately with modifying FPS and even just viewing them.

I had canceled ADRs back on my account for at least a week. They finally disappeared yesterday. We will be there on the 16th, I have printouts of all my ADRs, I’m going to screen shoot my FPs, I have actual tickets for MNSSHP in case our MBs don’t work. The only issue I see being a problem is dining plan credits not being able to be used.
It’s ridiculous all the problems with MDE lately.

We head down 10/23. I’m taking screen shots of absolutely everything so at least I know when things are. My account has had trouble lately with modifying FPS and even just viewing them.

Yup. My park tickets disappeared for a time so I immediately screen-shotted those once they came back. Plus FP's, ADR's, and even my Memory Maker confirmation just for the heck of it. I won't be denied!

Yup. My park tickets disappeared for a time so I immediately screen-shotted those once they came back. Plus FP's, ADR's, and even my Memory Maker confirmation just for the heck of it. I won't be denied!
I have the email from my MM so that should be good. We had tickets comped to us and those were the only ones that disappeared. I was really worried because I didn’t keep the email saying they were giving us those tickets. They were very helpful getting them to show up again though and I kept the email this time!

We are going with a group of 16, my parents and 2 of my nephews magic bands just didnt show up with ours, it was like their reservation didnt exist :scared: Thank goodness our TA could see it on her end and was able to take care of it quickly and their bands showed up within 4 days of ours! 16 days!!!

List updated 9/25!

Is anyone else expecting serious issues with MDE during their trip on 10/16 when the new ticketing system is rolled out? With the way the site and app have been lately, I’m expecting a hot mess. :(
Yeah I have actually already posted about this on a couple of other threads. We get there on October 14, our first park day in October 15 and we leave on the 20th....I am really hoping this doesn't screw things up.

We got our bands on Monday, now just waiting on our DME mail. 23 days to go! I was really pleased with how well our FP day went (got everything but a decent SDMT time which was expected, including 2 for FOP) and the only thing I’m really second guessing at this point are an ADR or two.

We’re supposed to have dinner at California Grill on 10/21 since it’s a party night but we’re seriously considering dropping that and hanging out at our resort that night. We really want to try the Ohana room service and were originally going to do it before our actual party night but we don’t want to be too rushed. I figure we do it this night instead and then waddle down to the beach for Hallowishes.

We are also on the fence about 50s Primetime dinner on our DHS day and may nix that in favor of hopping over to Epcot for more Food and Wine grazing. My only concern would be getting back in time for Fantasmic.

28 Days!!! Waiting for ME tags! Magic Bands have shipped!
Tweeting ADR’s and FP plans!

AKL CL here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter