**Official** October 2020 Check-in! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvaohana808

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!! I know October is about 9 months away but I am so excited that I've already started to plan! I'm so excited to see who else is going in October. I'm new to this so any suggestions and any updates are greatly appreciated!

We will be visiting October 12-19, 2020 and are still debating between two hotels, Desert Inns & Suites and Desert Palms.

10/3-10/11: Beck & the Beast - Camelot Inn
10/4-10/7: MikeRx - VGC
10/6-10/8: nikerbokers - VGC
10/6-10/10: ambula603 - DLH
10/8-10/9: jotemo87 - Anaheim Maingate Inn
10/8-10/11: Ladyslug - Courtyard Marriott Themepark Entrance
10/9-10/16: kirstyfly
10/10-10/11: hjgaus - VGC
10/12-10/19: silvaohana808- DI&S or DP
10/14-10/21: Tulles- DLH, PPH, GCH
10/15-10/19: Canadian Harmony- Clarion
10/18-10/23: pennym - Homewood Suites
10/19-10/23: Carolwoodpr
10/19-10/23: CalSea12 - Red Lion
10/20-10/27: katyringo - BWPPI
10/22-10/25: sharksfinatic17 - BWPPI
10/23-11/4: Cedric Rose - BWPPI
10/27-11/2: Venoma
10/29-11/3: scunnin3 - DLH or DVC?
10/31-11/4: ticdoula - DI&S

SPECIAL EVENTS AND INFORMATION

Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogies back! and other Halloween Time Information

(For comparison and reference, here is the 2019 superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information)

Holidays, Conventions, and Fall Breaks for October 2020:
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
Monday, October 12: Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day -- this 3 day weekend is usually very busy at DLR!
Saturday, October 31: Halloween -- expect this OBB to sell out FAST! If you are planning to attend the party on this day, be prepared to purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. And remember that OBB tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale! So be sure about your party date and the number of tickets you want.
Gay Days Convention (unofficial): October 2-4, 2020 -- a very large convention that happens the first weekend in October every year. The OBB for that weekend always sells out.

There are quite a few Fall Breaks that affect crowds at DLR. If your Fall Break isn't listed, please post!
October 2020
  • Oct 5-9: Fall Break for Mesa (AZ), Washoe County (NV), Reno/Sparks (NV)
  • Oct 15-18: Fall Break for Granite (UT)
  • Oct 15-19: Fall Break for Alpine and Jordan (UT)
  • Oct 30: Nevada Day

FYI (2/12/20): Price increase -- It's Here! (2/11/20)

I also want to keep this updated with any events, refurbishments, etc. Let me know what you know! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
we are going in October, I don't think one has been started yet.

We arrive on the 9th of October and leave on the 16th.

First family trip to Disneyland.

We're going October 8-11. It will be my (going to be 5-year-old) son's first time to Disney!

Oh — we’ll be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance. Maybe it will still be water park weather!

Looking forward to Halloweentime, but I don’t expect we’ll try to go to an Oogie Boogie Bash. Also hoping to miss the crowds on Columbus Indigenous Peoples Day proper.

Last edited:

If this is going to be the "official" October Check In Thread, then someone has to agree to start it and be in charge of it. (Look at some of the other Check In threads like March/April/May to get an idea of what to do. It's a bit more involved than just starting a list of people visiting in a particular month.) Any takers?

If this is going to be the "official" October Check In Thread, then someone has to agree to start it and be in charge of it. (Look at some of the other Check In threads like March/April/May to get an idea of what to do. It's a bit more involved than just starting a list of people visiting in a particular month.) Any takers?

Just browsed the other check ins and I think I can do it! it may not be perfect but I would love to!

We're going to DL for the first time this spring. We have plans to purchase the FlexPass and return for Spring Break 2021, but... I mean, that's good, but it's not the best value for a FlexPass, right? Like, we probably need to come at least ONE more time.....

So, right now softly contemplating October 14-17; a quick out-and-back over my son's fall break. Anyone want to talk me out of it? 😉

We're going to DL for the first time this spring. We have plans to purchase the FlexPass and return for Spring Break 2021, but... I mean, that's good, but it's not the best value for a FlexPass, right? Like, we probably need to come at least ONE more time.....

So, right now softly contemplating October 14-17; a quick out-and-back over my son's fall break. Anyone want to talk me out of it? 😉
You're asking DISers to talk you OUT of a trip to DLR??? Uh huh... Well, I'm going to post the superthread for Halloween Time and the upcoming OBB (such a fun time!). So either that will repel you like garlic to a vampire or you will be immediately and irreparably attracted and have to plan your trip. I'm guessing the latter. ;)

Here 'tis! This year's Halloween Time and OBB Superthread:
Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information

Keep following this thread for all updates on Halloween Time events and food offerings, special merchandise, OBB tickets and sales dates, etc. :)

For those who want to have a reference for party dates and when tickets sold out, when/which events were offered, crowds, etc., here is last year's superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information
See the first page for OBB ticket information -- but remember that we don't have any information yet for this year's dates or when tickets will go on sale.

... We will be visiting October 12-19, 2020 and are still debating between two hotels, Desert Inns & Suites and Desert Palms....
Have you already booked your hotels? If not and if there is a no penalty cancellation policy, go ahead and book now. Then, if you find a better rate before your trip, call the hotel to rebook at the lower rate. October is a very busy month at DLR, so don't wait!

Here 'tis! This year's Halloween Time and OBB Superthread:
Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information

Keep following this thread for all updates on Halloween Time events and food offerings, special merchandise, OBB tickets and sales dates, etc. :)

For those who want to have a reference for party dates and when tickets sold out, when/which events were offered, crowds, etc., here is last year's superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information
See the first page for OBB ticket information -- but remember that we don't have any information yet for this year's dates or when tickets will go on sale.

you are amazing!! i'll be sure to put this year's link in the first post. thank you so much!

Have you already booked your hotels? If not and if there is a no penalty cancellation policy, go ahead and book now. Then, if you find a better rate before your trip, call the hotel to rebook at the lower rate. October is a very busy month at DLR, so don't wait!

Yes! I have a reservation at both locations...under military rate (my mom). Thanks for the advice! This is our first time going in October so not really sure what to expect...I know about all of the Halloween decorations but I'm only now learning about the special events. Thanks again!

I'll be there! My annual birthday trip with girlfriends. 15-19 October. Right now we're at the Clarion, but if more join in, then it'll be moved to the Castle Inn probably. Definitely closer to the gates if there's more of us.

OP: Please add this to the first post! TIA!

Monday, October 12: Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day -- this 3 day weekend is usually very busy at DLR!
Saturday, October 31: Halloween -- expect this OBB to sell out FAST! If you are planning to attend the party on this day, be prepared to purchase your tickets as soon as they become available. And remember that OBB tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale! So be sure about your party date and the number of tickets you want.
Gay Days Convention (unofficial): October 2-4, 2020 -- a very large convention that happens the first weekend in October every year. The OBB for that weekend always sells out.

There are quite a few Fall Breaks that affect crowds at DLR. If your Fall Break isn't listed, please post!
October 2020
  • Oct 5-9: Fall Break for Mesa (AZ)
  • Oct 15-19: Fall Break for Alpine (UT)

Reactions: EmJ
I booked a “placeholder” hotel for October 14-17! The final determinator will be flight costs, but those won’t be available until March. But one step closer!

I booked a “placeholder” hotel for October 14-17! The final determinator will be flight costs, but those won’t be available until March. But one step closer!
Keep looking for deals. October is a busy and pricey month, so book one or two more stays if you find good rates. Then keep checking as your dates get closer. If you find better deals, book them and cancel the old ones. Wash, rinse, repeat until your trip is close. Then choose the best deal and cancel the rest. Any savings on hotel rates can be spent on OBB tickets!

Keep looking for deals. October is a busy and pricey month, so book one or two more stays if you find good rates. Then keep checking as your dates get closer. If you find better deals, book them and cancel the old ones. Wash, rinse, repeat until your trip is close. Then choose the best deal and cancel the rest. Any savings on hotel rates can be spent on OBB tickets!
Thank you! I booked at BWPPI for the same rate as we got for this March ($188). I’ll keep an eye on it over the coming months. A hot breakfast and proximity are probably our two highest priorities in a hotel, lol.

OP: Please add this to the first post! TIA!

October 2020
  • Oct 5-9: Fall Break for Mesa (AZ)
  • Oct 15-19: Fall Break for Alpine (UT)

thanks so much for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!