**Official** October 2020 Check-in! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to DL for the first time this spring. We have plans to purchase the FlexPass and return for Spring Break 2021, but... I mean, that's good, but it's not the best value for a FlexPass, right? Like, we probably need to come at least ONE more time.....

So, right now softly contemplating October 14-17; a quick out-and-back over my son's fall break. Anyone want to talk me out of it? 😉

No way! I think you should start planning NOW on costumes!

I know, right?! Some of the rest of us already are! (BTW, Disneybounding outfits totally count!)
I have our Disneybounding costumes for March all ready to go, lol. My son always picks his Halloween costume waaaaaay in advance and I make it. For 2020, I've already been advised that he is going to be a Rebel Trooper, which is awesome because it's regular clothes except for the helmet I need to figure out. If I could come up with some good Star Wars Disneybounding costumes to go with it, I'm sure I could get my DH on board.

I have our Disneybounding costumes for March all ready to go, lol. My son always picks his Halloween costume waaaaaay in advance and I make it. For 2020, I've already been advised that he is going to be a Rebel Trooper, which is awesome because it's regular clothes except for the helmet I need to figure out. If I could come up with some good Star Wars Disneybounding costumes to go with it, I'm sure I could get my DH on board.
You're going to fit right in! One of the "themes" of Disney's Halloween parties is creative, made-not-bought costumes. This seemed to be more evident at MHP than at OBB, but hopefully this year will bring out more creativity costume-wise to the OBB. Some of the costumes people make are fantastic! They don't have to be complicated, just creative. We've seen people dressed as characters, themes from movies (e.g. theme is "Snow White" -- group dressed as animals from forest, poisoned apple, Magic Mirror, Snow White, Dwarves, Huntsman, etc.), rides (e.g. Storybookland Canal Boats, Tea Cups -- this was a group outfit), favorite park food (e.g. Dole Whip, Mickey Pretzel, Churro), etc. Two years ago, when SWGE was still under construction, we saw a man dressed as a construction worker pushing his wife in a wheelchair -- she was dressed (with the wheelchair) as a bulldozer -- both for GE! Whatever you choose, wear layers (the weather can be hot, warm, or cool, or even wet) and comfortable shoes!

Reactions: EmJ
Washoe County (NV- 2nd largest district in the state) fall break is October 5-9.

Me and my girls (will be ages 8 and 4) are going for a quick 2 night trip. October 6-8. Staying at our DVC home, Villas at Grand Californian. Hoping to catch a Halloween party one of those evenings but if not, we still plan on having a ton of Halloween time fun.

Last edited:
October 20-27th at best western park place! Our first Halloween trip. I am so excited! I’m a super planner. I can’t wait to buy Halloween party tickets. I’ve been reviewing everything I can about the 2019 party. It’s me and hubby and our son who will be 8 and daughter who will be 4!

October 20-27th at best western park place! Our first Halloween trip. I am so excited! I’m a super planner. I can’t wait to buy Halloween party tickets. I’ve been reviewing everything I can about the 2019 party. It’s me and hubby and our son who will be 8 and daughter who will be 4!
Wait a minute! You're coming to DLR, not WDW now? Yay! Or does that mean 2 trips?

Wait a minute! You're coming to DLR, not WDW now? Yay! Or does that mean 2 trips?
We changed our minds!! Disneyland! For two weeks I read all the things. Planned the world trip. Actually felt pretty confident. But the more I read the more I felt like it wasn’t the right fit for our family right now since my youngest will just have turned 4. Disneyland with her has been so easy to go do different things while big bro rides big rides. So we are putting off world for a bit longer.

We changed our minds!! Disneyland! For two weeks I read all the things. Planned the world trip. Actually felt pretty confident. But the more I read the more I felt like it wasn’t the right fit for our family right now since my youngest will just have turned 4. Disneyland with her has been so easy to go do different things while big bro rides big rides. So we are putting off world for a bit longer.
You're going to have so much fun! Can't wait to see your OBB photos in the Halloween Time Superthread!

We just make it for October. Hehe. We will be staying at Desert inn & suites again. October 31 - nov 4 or 7th (that is up in the air right now).

Can’t wait to start planning

We are coming! Our first ever trip to DL, October 6-10. October 2019 we did a Disney Cruise (Fantasy) and October 2018 we did WDW. So this is turning into our Halloween tradition!

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel and I am so excited for the history and charm. I am a die hard Disney resort fan (sometimes I just want to stay there all week and not even go to a park!) so I am glad we splurged there. However I actually wanted to come in summer to avoid the Halloween party. When we went to the one at WDW it was so crowded (and hot) and overall not our favorite. I may be in the minority but we felt the same about the Christmas party, too. If anyone has been to both and can convince me that the one at DL is better, I might purchase a ticket. Otherwise, I will be sad to have a shortened park day!

Can I post pics here? If so I will share our Halloween costumes from previous years! Excited to follow along and get to know you guys!

We are coming! Our first ever trip to DL, October 6-10... If anyone has been to both and can convince me that the one at DL is better, I might purchase a ticket. Otherwise, I will be sad to have a shortened park day!...
Look through last year's Halloween Time Superthread (Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information) -- especially the first page for descriptions of the OBB and the later pages for actual reviews of the party. Last year was the first time the party was held in DCA, so it was a little different for all of us who were used to MHP in DL. The reviews were predominantly positive -- most of us agreed we would attend this year. You can ask questions about the party in this year's Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogies back! and other Halloween Time Information.

We are currently booked October 12-17, traditionally a very busy week with nighttime entertainment. The break may be changing to the 20-25 of October. Will we still have the nighttime parades, fireworks and Fantasmic?

all of October is Halloween time... so there will be parties some nights that will close DCA early, WOC will be shown on the other nights. DL usually just does Fantasmic Fri, Sat, Sun... if there is a current parade that should run daily, and fireworks... well they did things differently last year for Halloween... but you could count on them on Fri, Sat, Sun for sure.

We are currently booked October 12-17, traditionally a very busy week with nighttime entertainment. The break may be changing to the 20-25 of October. Will we still have the nighttime parades, fireworks and Fantasmic?

May I ask which state? I’m trying to keep track of all the fall breaks so I can avoid Disneyland on those weeks in October!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter