Official October 2020 Thread!

Joining the October party! Moved our May trip to 10/25 - 10/29 staying at Gran Destino. Went from 39 days to 209. Silver lining, DH let me add another night to the trip since I'm missing out on F&G. Let the planning start all over :)

Joining the October party! Moved our May trip to 10/25 - 10/29 staying at Gran Destino. Went from 39 days to 209. Silver lining, DH let me add another night to the trip since I'm missing out on F&G. Let the planning start all over :)

Welcome aboard! I'll be there with wife and three daughters 10/24 to 11/2. I'm trying to figure out which days to do our ADR's in correlation with what most likely will be our fastpasses/which park for each day.

Last edited:
Hi All! I just found this group! We are heading to Poly 10/28-11/3! Can't wait! We've never been in October and we are super excited to experience MNSSHP on 10/31! Yea, we are crazy :earboy2:

Welcome! I've never stayed at the Poly. Definitely one of my Disney bucket list to do! We've also never been in October and we will also be going to MNSSHP on 10/31! If you see a guy in his early 40's being dragged around by 3 young daughters, it's probably me!

got a full refund from Delta for our 5 tickets. I have a big credit on my Delta Amex. I hope I can use that card to book a different airline with that card if fares are lower. Happy to get the refund rather than a credit for a future flight. couple more weeks and I can make ADRs.

Welcome all! I'm currently updating everyone on the main page :)

For those of you going to MNSSHP, are you planning on doing a costume? If so, what?

I'm unfortunately not going this year - we get in too late on our first night and leave too early on our last day and those are the only days they're holding the party during our trip this year.

Joining too! Praying all is right in the world by then!

Welcome! Have you planned when you're heading down yet?

2020 is too weird. I activated an AP on Jan 1, has a great 8-day trip, and hoped to return with a girlfriend for May the Fourth Be With You. Now she's been laid off, the Force has left the parks, and who knows when we can go back.
Except that I am daring to dream. I found out today that my university is going to try out a Fall Break in October (Oct 12-16, when the entire planet will be there for Canadian Thanksgiving and U.S. Columbus Day), so I now have a week where it's OK to be gone. I could only find two nights where I could book a non-suite CL room big enough for the six of us during that week, and I grabbed them. I had to add two other nights at the Cabins at FW for some MK-area fun. We're driving, so a split stay is that much easier. We're trying out the new DDP+ as we are a character-meal family, and I love getting an adult beverage at every meal.
The wonderful CM who took my reservation was working from home, their kid's bedroom to be precise.
Weird.
Fingers crossed for a beautiful, healthy October for everyone near and far!

For those of you going in October, how did your ADR's go so far?

I'm actually about to do mine today. Since we only have a couple of ADRs to make for our short trip I'm hopeful we'll be okay, since we normally don't choose the most popular places.

Hello everyone! I am another reschedule from May and coming over from the UK. We are booked in to the POFQ from Sept 28th to Oct 9th.

We were disappointed that we'll now miss flower and garden but we have food and wine to look forward too. Managed to rebook all our ADRs and will be doing a dessert party and MNSSHP!

We are still looking out at the news and ongoing situation as we are international travellers but I look forward to planning our trip for this time of year! :)

Made our ADR's
Sun 10/4 Wolfgang Puck
Mon 10/5 Liberty Tree Tavern
Tues 10/6 Coral Reef
Wed 10/7 Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen
Thurs 10/8 Ale & Compass Restaurant
Fri 10/9 Sci-Fi

Thinking about swapping Coral Reef for Mama Melrose's (can't decide). Didn't make ADR's for arrival day, still trying to decide what to do. Maybe quick service and stay in a park.

Made our ADRs today, only doing 1 TS, wanted 1900PF for 6PM on 10/12 (Columbus Day), got 4:40; will keep trying for a better time. Busy week, did not expect it would be easy.
also made PPO BOG, lunch BOG and dinner ABC and PizzaFari Family dinner; all QS, but like knowing we have an ADR and won't have to wait for a table....

Inside of 12 months:

Nov 3-5, 2019: Disneyland and California Adventure (our first visit)
June 9-14, 2020: Aulani (hopefully...also our first visit to Hawaii, period)
Oct 24-27, 2020: WDW (probably our 20th+ visit)

Looking forward to it all!

We booked our ADRs for our October trip! We're still deliberating between off-site and on-site (will largely depend on whether we get lucky with a free dining promo announced between now and the cancellation date), but we booked the ADRs as though we're getting free dining. :)

Cape May's for dinner on arrival day
Be Our Guest pre-park opening breakfast AND for lunch
Crystal Palace Dinner
Tusker House River of Lights package dinner
Ravello character breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!