Official October 2020 Thread!

We are jumping onto this board now. We were booked for May 10-16 and are now October 25-31st! We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I love Halloween and have only ever been to Disney World in spring and summer. This is a whole new experience for me!

We booked a trip for the first week of August, but we aren't very optimistic about it - waiting to see how things go in the next month or two. If it doesn't work out, we have booked a backup trip for the first week of October. We've never been to Disney in the fall and we plan to attend MNSSHP if we go, so that makes it pretty exciting.

I also did my ADRs. I’m scared to get too excited because I’m afraid they’ll still be closed. My little will be crushed if her trip is canceled. 😭

we’ve got ‘Ohana on our arrival night
Story book with Snow White on our MK night
Kona for breakfast on our pool day.
I have a single dinner at Citricos. Little would play with a babysitter while I go.

I think we’d save money with the DDP, but I’m not pulling the trigger until I hear how the summer goes.

Booked our first trip with our Little One for his second birthday! My husband and I have been many times, but this will definitely be a new experience for us! We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter from October 30 to November 7th. I am also participating in the 5K on that Friday, God Willing!!!!

Crossing our fingers for success!!! Happy to see everyone booking for this time frame. I also booked rooms for March 2021 in case something happens to this vacation :sunny:

Sad news, we made the decision yesterday not to go this October. There is too many unknowns and no vaccine available. Luckily we had only paid for our airfare, reserved the timeshare and car rental. We are going to push it to next year for the 50th.

I work for an health science university in the Development department and based on science and research, the likely hood of the virus coming back in the fall is high. We may not even be able to travel come October. sigh.... 🙄

Sad news, we made the decision yesterday not to go this October. There is too many unknowns and no vaccine available. Luckily we had only paid for our airfare, reserved the timeshare and car rental. We are going to push it to next year for the 50th.

I work for an health science university in the Development department and based on science and research, the likely hood of the virus coming back in the fall is high. We may not even be able to travel come October. sigh.... 🙄

Who did you book your air fare through? Just wondering how easy they were to deal with for cancellation/refund?

Who did you book your air fare through? Just wondering how easy they were to deal with for cancellation/refund?

Hello, we booked with Southwest on March 12, 2020, so right now our flights are still sitting there because their policy at the moment states this:

Canceling your Southwest flight – Updated April 16, 2020 at 11:30 a.m. CT.
If you decide not to travel, as long as you cancel your flight at least 10 minutes before its scheduled departure, the funds used to pay for a nonrefundable ticket (Wanna Get Away® fares) are normally valid for one year from the date of purchase.
However, in recognition of the current travel environment, we are extending the expiration date of some travel funds:
  • Customers’ funds that have expired or will expire between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020, will now expire September 7, 2022.
  • Any travel funds created because you cancel a flight between March 1 – September 7, 2020, will expire September 7, 2022.

Right now as the policy stands, we can rebook and have to travel by March 12, 2021. So we plan on doing that. We have (Wanna Get Away fares) so we can't receive a refund only travel fund credit.

If SWA cancels their flights due to travel restrictions and Covid-19 and our October dates fall within those parameters, then we can get a refund per DOT policy. https://www.transportation.gov/brie...orcement-notice-clarifying-air-carrier-refund

Last edited:
We have cancelled our October trip, and I just cancelled my ADRs. Since this board has been so helpful for me, I thought I'd let you know the dates and times in case anyone wanted to snag them.

Saturday, October 10:
  • 6:25 at Cape May Restaurant
Sunday, October 11:
  • 8:10 at Be Our Guest
  • 11:30 at Be Our Guest
  • 5:00 at Crystal Palace
Monday, October 12:
  • 4:50 at Tusker House with River of Light dining package
Tuesday, October 13
  • 9:30 at Ravello (Four Seasons)

We have cancelled our October trip, and I just cancelled my ADRs. Since this board has been so helpful for me, I thought I'd let you know the dates and times in case anyone wanted to snag them.

Saturday, October 10:
  • 6:25 at Cape May Restaurant
Sunday, October 11:
  • 8:10 at Be Our Guest
  • 11:30 at Be Our Guest
  • 5:00 at Crystal Palace
Monday, October 12:
  • 4:50 at Tusker House with River of Light dining package
Tuesday, October 13
  • 9:30 at Ravello (Four Seasons)
That’s very kind of you to share. I’m so sorry you had to cancel. I hope you and your family can rebook soon and enjoy!! I hope this for all of us. I know there are a lot of terrible things going on in the world. But this is our little magical world and we miss it so much!!

Moved our trip from July to October. We are now "supposed" to be going Oct 17-26 not 100 percent sure where we are staying... thinking AS Music or Port Orleans.

Is there a cancelled ADR thread yet for October? We book tomorrow morning. Only one day in October (31st) but there isn’t an official November thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter