*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

For those there now or this past week, have wait times really been high? We were there 9/30 and 10/1 and I know 10/1 at MK was a different kind of day for the rides but on 9/30 we had very low wait times in the other 3 parks with hopping around. Now looking it seems a lot busier when looking at the times app and I am curious if wait times are matching up, if anyone has noticed, or if maybe they are being inflated the past few days to encourage purchasing Genie next week.
This is a tough post to answer. I try to always be positive and give the benefit of the doubt. Soooo….at MK on Oct13 almost all ride lines were severely inflated. And I mean frustratingly inflated. I have tried to stay neutral on the paid FP+ service; but for Disney to have such insane wait time discrepancy at MK; I sadly felt they were doing exactly what you mentioned. Many were double the time. Some were nearly walk-on later in the night; but still posted 20 min wait time.

At HS on Oct14 it was better in relation to accuracy. I don’t truly understand why MK was so off while HS was close. I felt HS was over about 10min in most cases. For example: RnR posted 70, our walk time included (from MMRR); we were off the ride within 60 minutes. Overall HS was crazy busy for me. With no FP+ options, it was a disappointing day from an accomplished perspective. But I always remind the fam…. No matter what; we are at Disney World and have to be thankful for that.

This time next week, we will be driving down I-95 to get to the Auto Train station in Lorton VA, beginning our first Disney trip since 2015, and our first trip anywhere (other than day trips) since 2019! SO EXCITED!

How our the October folks doing with the rollout of Genie+?

I got back yesterday from my trip. I was there 10/13-10/24 so Genie+ launched in the middle. I used ILL for Rise of the Resistance, which I honestly never thought I would do, but it was down multiple times on our first HS day so I went ahead and caved. I used Genie+ on my last day, Saturday at Magic Kingdom. I didn't really want to use it, not knowing all the rules and strategies, but I went for it. I know there were things I could have done better to maximize, but our party of 7 was able to use it for 7 rides at Magic Kingdom, which I felt was not too bad.

Today was our Hollywood Studios day. It worked out better than expected. I bought ILL$ for RotR and MMRR and did standby for Slinky Dog, TSM, Smugglers Run, and Frozen Sing Along. We did all the rides that we wanted to do and were out of there by 1:30. If it hadn't rained it would have been perfect. :)

@ItsMEH - sounds like a good day! We did a 5 day trip (normally do 10) and my kids were saying how short it felt. So glad you did 10+ days!

@Wood Nymph - good to see your morning was great! that Florida rain just doesn't care we are on vacation! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!