***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been like this over in Universal Studios for Forbidden Journey for ages (or at least during the whole time I had an annual pass - May 2015 to 2016). If you were at the front of the crowd for early entry, it was a walk on. If you miss that by 10 mins (we did one morning), you're looking at about a 45 min wait (after 20 mins, we just made it to the greenhouse!) and the lines just climb after that. After 2pm or so, I would notice a dip in the wait times. The last 1-2 hours of the night, the ride is usually a walk-on.
A tip for Forbidden Journey next time you're there, do the single rider. It is literally a 5 minute wait even if the normal line is 2 hours. I've never seen it more than a couple people deep. Gringotts is a different story they close the single rider a lot because it gets longer than the normal line.

It seems that yes, now this is becoming the norm. At first it wasn't but the more recent reports are 3 day and less trips are not getting FP
I really hope this isn't a long-term thing. Will likely go in early March (really, it depends on the D23 announcements- would like to know when TSL opens before booking), and probably only for 3 nights for a solo trip. I guess I'll do RD if I have to....

Regarding PPF... for me it is just so damn charming. I love the instrumental music. Really feels "magical" and nostalgic to me. I wouldn't wait in a long line for it (nor would I for ANY ride), but it is one of my favorite rides. Favorite strategy is to do EMM/BOG PPO and ride it right at RD. No wait because everyone is going to 7DMT and you get to see the amazing queue. :)

I really hope this isn't a long-term thing. Will likely go in early March (really, it depends on the D23 announcements- would like to know when TSL opens before booking), and probably only for 3 nights for a solo trip. I guess I'll do RD if I have to....
I think it will temper out a bit, just like 7DMT and FEA have. It will still be a high priority for the foreseable future but it won't be quite the hottest ticket at Disney that it is now.

Regarding PPF... for me it is just so damn charming. I love the instrumental music. Really feels "magical" and nostalgic to me. I wouldn't wait in a long line for it (nor would I for ANY ride), but it is one of my favorite rides. Favorite strategy is to do EMM/BOG PPO and ride it right at RD. No wait because everyone is going to 7DMT and you get to see the amazing queue. :)
I think when Toy Story and Star Wars lands open Pandora will be a walk on lol.

I think it will calm down a little bit but Flight of Passage really is their most advanced ride so I think it will keep a pretty long line and high demand for FP probably until Star Wars Land opens. I suspect the waits for the river ride will come down a lot though

Our summer plans got changed up and now we are planning a last minute trip to Orlando. WDW wasn't even on my radar for this summer and now I'm trying to determine if we should attempt AK on not? If so, we would be there in 20 days.
Our kids are 22 and 16 so we can get up early if needed.
Can we do it, or should we wait for another trip when I can plan ahead better?

Just my opinion but if I were you AK would be on my to do list and I would be stalking MDE for a FP to FoP.

Just got back from a great trip. Spent one AM and two PM's at AK.

Pandora at night was fantastic, we really enjoyed it. It was quite crowded at night, but the 11-1 EMH hours were much less crowded.

We rode FOP x3 and the River ride x1. We did the regular queue for FOP x1 it was 90min. The outside of the queue has fans and was quite comfortable, the inside had no fans and it seemed like no air conditioning either. It was hot and stuffy, not a great queue for those that are sensitive to heat. We want to go through the regular queue just once as it really is quite amazing, lots to look at. The FP+ line, skips the cool stuff and you go through an industrial looking area. Super quick, but really quite boring.

I am a pooh size gal, 5'6" and 230 lbs. I had no problems fitting on the banshee, my weight is in the middle and chest area. I did not even feel the calf restraints and my calves are not small. The back restraint was tightish, but not uncomfortable.

FOP is our new favorite ride at WDW!

Loved the new eatery, we each had a different meal and they were all very good.

Are there any rumors of the park hours being extended past sundown in October? I'm really hoping to see Pandora at night but the party line when you use the chat or call is that there are no plans at this time to extend the hours but that they are always subject to change. (Sorry if this has already been asked and answered a thousand times.)

Are there any rumors of the park hours being extended past sundown in October? I'm really hoping to see Pandora at night but the party line when you use the chat or call is that there are no plans at this time to extend the hours but that they are always subject to change. (Sorry if this has already been asked and answered a thousand times.)

I think Pandora will have a couple of nights per week EMH. Depending really on the Month.

October kind of slow month. But I suspect Nov and Dec definitely couple of night per week during the Holiday rush.

I was able to get 2 FP's for FOP mid August at 60 days out for 2 different days and also switched times on one last week.
There were several time slots that popped up when they changed the closing times and added EMH.
I checked later in the evening and there was only one time slot left, so they went fast.

I got on my touring plans app, scrolled down to FP availability, selected AK park, then at the top i just kept clicking the next day while keeping count of the days as I clicked. Day 64 from today was the first day of any availability and the time starting is 5:10-6:10 on day 65 availability starts at 11:55 am-12:55 pm and so on. IDK if thats helpful and many probably knew to do that but it just gives me an idea of on what day I can expect there to be availability when my 60 day window opens.

Our summer plans got changed up and now we are planning a last minute trip to Orlando. WDW wasn't even on my radar for this summer and now I'm trying to determine if we should attempt AK on not? If so, we would be there in 20 days.
Our kids are 22 and 16 so we can get up early if needed.
Can we do it, or should we wait for another trip when I can plan ahead better?
Unless you absolutely detest Avatar and/or crowded Disney parks, to me it is a no-brainer to go to AK at rope drop and do Flight of Passage and hope for the best on NRJ. Keep on eye out for FPs and you might get those for NRJ before or day of.

:wizard:

I was able to get 8:05pm to 9:05pm FP for FOP 60 days out

I was able to get 2 FP's for FOP mid August at 60 days out for 2 different days and also switched times on one last week.
There were several time slots that popped up when they changed the closing times and added EMH.
I checked later in the evening and there was only one time slot left, so they went fast.

It would be a great help to others tracking if when you say you find FP at day 60 if you include how far in to your trip you found them too

For example, on day 60 the earliest FP you found was for day 64 in the PM or on day 63 in the AM, that type of thing. I'm wondering has anyone actually found one on day 60, for the first day of their trip recently.

I think Pandora will have a couple of nights per week EMH. Depending really on the Month.

October kind of slow month. But I suspect Nov and Dec definitely couple of night per week during the Holiday rush.
October is no longer slow at all. The first half is Fall break and now is as busy as Spring break

What disney does with AK hours is anybody's guess. As with all hours any more, one thing we know for sure, they will change.

I was able to get NRJ and ROL both, at 30 days right at 7 a.m. Within an hour, both are unavailable. FOP doesn't even show up on the list. What is nice is mostly everything else at the other parks are open for FP+, whereas in the past we couldn't get certain rides at 60 days. Looks like waiting in standby line for FOP is going to happen.

I was able to get NRJ and ROL both, at 30 days right at 7 a.m. Within an hour, both are unavailable. FOP doesn't even show up on the list. What is nice is mostly everything else at the other parks are open for FP+, whereas in the past we couldn't get certain rides at 60 days. Looks like waiting in standby line for FOP is going to happen.

Glad you were able to get those two. Are you going to try to rope drop FoP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter