***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you were able to get those two. Are you going to try to rope drop FoP?
No, thanks for asking. We are going to try the afternoon. It seems the wait times are better. I have bad knees and from what I'm reading unless you are the Road Runner, the waits could end up being longer....LOL!

My FP day was this past Thursday, 6/22, for park dates 8/21 - 8/25. The only FoP available was for 7:50 pm on the last day, 8/25. It just doesn't work for our plans. I'll keep checking, but worst case we'll see how stand-by looks at the end of our AK night (8/23). Otherwise we'll save it for a future trip.

It would be a great help to others tracking if when you say you find FP at day 60 if you include how far in to your trip you found them too

For example, on day 60 the earliest FP you found was for day 64 in the PM or on day 63 in the AM, that type of thing. I'm wondering has anyone actually found one on day 60, for the first day of their trip recently.
When we booked at 60 days out I booked FOP on the 5th and 6th day of our vacation or 65 and 66th days both were in the PM

Sorry if this was asked/covered already. I was keeping up then I got behind on this thread.

For those who have seen Pandora during the day and at night, any opinion on which way you should experience it first? Do you think it matters?

Just thought I would share my experience making FP+ at 60 days this morning. We are staying onsite 8/23 - 8/28 - 2 guests. I was really hoping for FoP FP+ for days 2 and/or 3 but there was zero availability even when I tried to make overlapping FP+ for 1 person at a time. The earliest FoP was available was day 5 starting at 3:30 pm (that slowly crept up to 5:30 pm as today wore on and I kept checking). We have a HEA dessert party that night which I don't want to switch around at this point. My planning mistake was, obviously, putting AK at the beginning of our trip. As far as other rides at other parks, I had no problem booking Nav'i River Journey, Frozen (on day 1) and 7DMT (on day 4).

Sorry if this was asked/covered already. I was keeping up then I got behind on this thread.

For those who have seen Pandora during the day and at night, any opinion on which way you should experience it first? Do you think it matters?
Believe it or not, I don't believe this has come up. And I hadn't given it any thought yet.
But now that you ask and after giving it some thought, I don't think it matters greatly. I saw it daytime first. I think that's how I would pick if all things are equal but if it fits a schedule better to see it at night first then do.

Just thought I would share my experience making FP+ at 60 days this morning. We are staying onsite 8/23 - 8/28 - 2 guests. I was really hoping for FoP FP+ for days 2 and/or 3 but there was zero availability even when I tried to make overlapping FP+ for 1 person at a time. The earliest FoP was available was day 5 starting at 3:30 pm (that slowly crept up to 5:30 pm as today wore on and I kept checking). We have a HEA dessert party that night which I don't want to switch around at this point. My planning mistake was, obviously, putting AK at the beginning of our trip. As far as other rides at other parks, I had no problem booking Nav'i River Journey, Frozen (on day 1) and 7DMT (on day 4).
I make ours tomorrow and I'm going to start on our last day and work backwards. It's only a 5 day trip so I don't expect to get many options

Believe it or not, I don't believe this has come up. And I hadn't given it any thought yet.
But now that you ask and after giving it some thought, I don't think it matters greatly. I saw it daytime first. I think that's how I would pick if all things are equal but if it fits a schedule better to see it at night first then do.

That is good to know. I am starting to try and figure out potential ADRs and touring plans, so thought I would ask. We are not going until Spring 2018 so I have some time to figure it out. Thanks!

I prefer daytime for a few reasons, after experiencing both.

First, the nighttime effects are cool, but unless they've fixed it, the entire land gets very dark and it's difficult to see where you're going/where strollers are.

Also, if you want to see the same effects, going on the Navi River Journey and the queue for FOP have very similar bioluminescent effects, so you won't totally miss out in the daytime.

Hi everyone! I can't seem to find an answer on this but for those who have been to Pandora during EMH, is the Satu’li Canteen still open? We are getting in late our first night and would love to see Pandora all lit up and maybe catch a bite to eat at the Satu’li Canteen if possible. Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone! I can't seem to find an answer on this but for those who have been to Pandora during EMH, is the Satu’li Canteen still open? We are getting in late our first night and would love to see Pandora all lit up and maybe catch a bite to eat at the Satu’li Canteen if possible. Thanks for your help!
It was during our trip. But that was the first week and so much can change from that week to future dates

Wait. Now that I think, I think it close at 11, not 1. So I'm going to hope someone with a younger memory than me can chime in

Actually, that's a very good question and honestly I think it comes down to what you think would interest you more.

Since I never sleep well the first night I ever stay anywhere, I went on EMH evening on the night we arrived and really enjoyed the experience. I basically spent 2+ hours exploring and taking photos (using a tripod). I also got to walk right on Na'vi River Journey at about 12:40am.

If I was able to redo it though, I think I would have wanted to go during the day first. Since my primary reason of going at night was to shoot photos, It would have allowed me to get a better lay of the land. Like others have stated, it is fairly had to see at night and While I was happy with my shots, I would have been able to take more, if I had known where things were.

Can someone tell me if the wait to get into Pandora is backed up like it was opening week or is that all a bit calmed down now? I was able to book FP+ for FOP at night for our August trip, and wondering if we can head over to Pandora when our window opens, or if I need to allow queue time to even get to the attraction. Thank you!

Can someone tell me if the wait to get into Pandora is backed up like it was opening week or is that all a bit calmed down now? I was able to book FP+ for FOP at night for our August trip, and wondering if we can head over to Pandora when our window opens, or if I need to allow queue time to even get to the attraction. Thank you!
There have been no more waits to enter Pandora since the second day of operation. And it's been open at night since about the 5th day

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter