Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

Hey Jets, that your cart? Looks just like that one I got from Kenny last October.

That's ours. We rented from Kenny a couple of times and had good experiences. The DW found this on Craigslist and we got it for a good price. A couple weeks rent for a Disney cart would have paid for this one. We decided to invest in one since Kentucky state parks allow them and of course to use at the Fort.

Here was our site in June, 1408. Also..I just learned of an app called fort sites...it has pictures of almost all the sites, tells where the hook ups are and the back in difficulty rating

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.5 KB · Views: 117
tells where the hook ups are and the back in difficulty rating
Can't help to wonder if there are specific "Criteria" to determine the "Difficulty rating" or if it's completely subjective (as I suspect).

The funny thing about "backing" a trailer (camper, car, boat or whatever) is there are so many factors that impact it BEYOND a persons ability to actually perform the task. The funny thing is that someone might think a smaller trailer is easier then a larger one. Certainly in clearances it probably is but control is a different issue altogether.

Used to have a Yamaha Wave runner. It's trailer was SMALL. Trying to back it up into the boat launch was much harder then one could really imagine. Then we ended up with 2 Wave Runners. Got a "Double" trailer and it was a 1000 times easier to control. (Can't help to think of that old Pontiac commercial with the saying "Wider is better". So true too.)

Can't help to wonder if there are specific "Criteria" to determine the "Difficulty rating" or if it's completely subjective (as I suspect).

The funny thing about "backing" a trailer (camper, car, boat or whatever) is there are so many factors that impact it BEYOND a persons ability to actually perform the task. The funny thing is that someone might think a smaller trailer is easier then a larger one. Certainly in clearances it probably is but control is a different issue altogether.

Used to have a Yamaha Wave runner. It's trailer was SMALL. Trying to back it up into the boat launch was much harder then one could really imagine. Then we ended up with 2 Wave Runners. Got a "Double" trailer and it was a 1000 times easier to control. (Can't help to think of that old Pontiac commercial with the saying "Wider is better". So true too.)
This is all true. I don't know what the criteria is....but I liked all the Pics and that it tell you where the hook ups are. And how wide they are....so it knocked out a couple of premium loops for us as they aren't wide enough for the opposing slides

When we were there in August, our first site was big enough for our 37' TT but the angles to negotiate to get it INTO that site (without a real large shoe horn) were just impossible and we had to get another site. It would be nicer if the roads through the loops were about 2 feet wider. I think that would make a HUGE difference for many.

When we were there in August, our first site was big enough for our 37' TT but the angles to negotiate to get it INTO that site (without a real large shoe horn) were just impossible and we had to get another site. It would be nicer if the roads through the loops were about 2 feet wider. I think that would make a HUGE difference for many.
I agree, they are narrow. And then there are trash cans, posts, and other peoples cars/trucks to worry about.....and of course all the squirrels

I see on your countdown iit says homeschool days, does Disney do some kind of homeschool thing?

There are two ways to do homeschool classes at Disney. One is with a homeschool group. Your local group can organize a trip through Disney and you have an assigned class or two to pick from (you can also join another homeschool group like CarolinaHomeschooler - membership ISN'T required). Through a homeschool group everyone in the immediate family can get discounted tickets. Our tickets for 5 days with Park Hopper and Water Parks and More through the homeschool were cheaper than the regular base tickets. The kids have to go to the homeschool class which is one day for about 3 hours or you have to pay the difference in ticket price.

Our group had two classes: the younger kids were to go to How Things Move and the older kids had Energy and Waves Physics Lab. Both in the Magic Kingdom. I gather the classes were sort of like something hands on/science center/summer camp sort of class.

Disney also has homeschool classes families can sign up for individually. These are only offered at certain times of year. I haven't looked into this one for a couple of years, but I think I remember hearing that only the kids enrolled in the Disney YES (Youth Education Series) class get the discounted tickets now.

Unfortunately not enough kids in our homeschool area signed up for the trip. We're still going :teeth:, but our kids don't get to do the class :(

I see on your countdown iit says homeschool days, does Disney do some kind of homeschool thing?
We've done the YES program several times. If you Google it will show the upcoming programs. They are only offered at certain times of the year for individual sign ups. The classes were really neat and since my kids were younger I was allowed to attend with them. One of the classes we got to go behind the scenes at the Haunted Mansion and another one we got to go in one of the private lounges at the Sea pavilion. I highly recommend the classes even if you aren't home schooling if they are offered during your planned trip. It's something different that is fun and educational.

1421 last week. A fantastic spot that backed up to the canal with the 600 loop on the other side. Our back patio slightly extended out over the canal. Really cool to watch the occasional canoe come cruising by.

Only real problem was the squirrels. I love squirrels. But that live oak tree beside the camper was full of acorns. Every morning at the crack of dawn, those squirrels were up getting breakfast. 6:00 am and all you hear is acorns hitting the roof of the camper. By the time we were ready to leave, the roof and slideouts were covered in acorns and leaves.

But still a great spot.

A couple years ago I questioned the difficulty ratings for the FortFriends app. I thought sites on the outside of the curve would be ranked easy since it was an almost straight back in. They were rated difficult because the turn backing in was on the passenger side, not the drivers side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter