***Official September 2020 Thread***

We are now two months away from making our adrs/extras reservations, that's when we really start to get excited about going. I went ahead and booked free dining the other day, even though we had to move resorts to do it. Only hopped over to Boardwalk though which is another favorite resort for us. Hated leaving the Poly, but Did like knocking over 1000$ off the cost of our trip. 😆 Would have preferred Beach Club, but that's another near impossible resort to snag a deal on/with.

I'm interested to see what kind of feedback you get on this.

Personally, I see a problem with the 3 EPCOT meals. I mean, you're going to have to leave where ever you're at and shlep back over to EPCOT at least twice. With all of the construction, I can't imagine EPCOT being a full day park, for the time being at least. What I'm saying is, you'll probably spend a half day at another park, then head over to EPCOT for dinner and the evening. I can't imagine you being there all day. Then go back over there for two more meals two other days. In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say EPCOT has always been my least favorite park, so I might be biased. I do want to see the new nighttime show they'll have on the lake, though. But that's about it for me and EPCOT. Maybe do a lunch and dinner there the same day?

So you're going to brave the skyliner, huh? Sure hope you don't wind up eating dinner on that thing! I wouldn't ride that thing on a bet. It has nothing to do with heights. I have no problem with heights. What I do have a problem with is being trapped in a flying toaster oven in September heat that's prone to break down at any time. I do get the attraction of it, though. You just won't catch me on it.

You're doing the droid thing and not the lightsaber, huh? I'm so torn! The lightsaber looks so cool! But I don't know what I'd do with it when I got home. LOL I'm with you on RotR. Dang I hope we don't have to get up at 5 in the morning hoping we can get a boarding group! But, if I have to, I'll do it. I'll do it every day if I have to. I won't be happy about it, but I'll do it. The main reason for this trip is Galaxie's Edge, and that's the biggest attraction there. Everybody says it's mind blowing. I have to ride it! LOL

You're trying to pack a whole lotta planned dinner reservations into your vacation! I hope it doesn't turn into more of a headache than a vacation. Good luck!

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts as well. I like to get different perspectives

We love Epcot, but haven't had a chance to fully explore world showcase cuz DD13 isn't a fan lol

I can't wait to ride the skyliner...we do joke that we need to make sure and go to the restroom before we go on though.

Same on the lightsaber, at least with the droids we can set them up somewhere.

I think it'll turn out ok, we want to try new places and when we have the little one with us we're kinda limited. Worst case, we can always cancel if it's too much.

So many restaurants in Epcot that we want to do every trip it is hard to pick just two for our park days. HS has been a half day park for the past couple of trips so it made it easier to hop and eat somewhere else. This trip we will plan to be there all day probably but we will see. We make our ADR's in HS for lunch so that leaves us open to hop later if we decide to.

This makes me wonder if doing HS early, then hitting Big River on the way back to our resort would be better than doing it the other way around.

Maybe once I get my park days figured out, it'll be easier to figure out the rest

I haven't been to Disney in September since 2017. The crowds were probably low to moderate until the hurricane started emptying everything out. In 2018, we went in mid-August. It was considerably busier (moderate crowds), but not totally insane. In 2019, we went at the beginning of June on a bounceback. I thought the crowds, while still busy, were much less crowded than August, and the weather was a lot nicer. We are returning to Disney this year in September again because of free dining. With Labor Day being later this year (7th), what kind of crowds might there be September 1 to 7 - still low compared to other parts of the year, moderate, or high? What about after the 7th? I'm used to Disney being busy most trips (thankfully never been during crowds like Christmas), but it's a little bit harder to tolerate when you are melting into the pavement.

I haven't been to Disney in September since 2017. The crowds were probably low to moderate until the hurricane started emptying everything out. In 2018, we went in mid-August. It was considerably busier (moderate crowds), but not totally insane. In 2019, we went at the beginning of June on a bounceback. I thought the crowds, while still busy, were much less crowded than August, and the weather was a lot nicer. We are returning to Disney this year in September again because of free dining. With Labor Day being later this year (7th), what kind of crowds might there be September 1 to 7 - still low compared to other parts of the year, moderate, or high? What about after the 7th? I'm used to Disney being busy most trips (thankfully never been during crowds like Christmas), but it's a little bit harder to tolerate when you are melting into the pavement.

I only have last year to compare September to and honestly that wouldn't be a fair comparison. (extra-extra magic hours made touring a dream!) But all the current deals would indicate that the month isn't filling up as fast as they would like it to, so that's a good thing. I have heard that September is one of the less traveled months in general, but being someone who usually tours in the summer...I guess any "less traveled month" would be a big + for us.

I only have last year to compare September to and honestly that wouldn't be a fair comparison. (extra-extra magic hours made touring a dream!) But all the current deals would indicate that the month isn't filling up as fast as they would like it to, so that's a good thing. I have heard that September is one of the less traveled months in general, but being someone who usually tours in the summer...I guess any "less traveled month" would be a big + for us.

Any report you read says that September is one of if not the least attended months, which makes sense. The kiddos just went back to school. You really don't have any major "holidays" between Labor Day and Halloween. We went in 2017 and the crowds were next to nothing. With that said, that was the week after Hurricane Irma, so I don't know how much that affected the crowds. I'm still hoping they come out with some discounts for the end of September. I'm really surprised they came out with something for Labor Day. That tells me reservations are down. Which, again, doesn't really surprise me since the 50th anniversary is just a couple of months after that. I'm hoping the attendance and discount gods shine down on me for the end of September.

Since 2006 we have gone around Labor Day (either leaving the weekend before and staying 10 nights or arriving on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend and staying 10 nights) and have had free dining every trip so that is normal over Labor Day. The first few year's crowds were great. We didn't need fast passes for hardly anything. A lot of things were walk-ons or at most a 15-minute wait. It has gradually gotten busier over the years. This past trip wasn't as bad but there was also the threat of the hurricane which also sent us home 3 days early.

Can I join? We just booked 8/30-9/5 in an all start music family suite. We have booked this trip but always end up cancelling bc I always end up 🤰 and have a history of complicated pregnancies, so no traveling. But this time my youngest will stop be nursing, so I'm not anticipating being knocked up 🤣

We did snag the free delicious offer, which is really the only reason I booked. It'll be myself (32), my husband (32), our three boys (5, 2, ~9 months). It will be all of it first times. We have both of my sisters on our reservation as well, they're both up in the air, but figured it'd be easier to remove if they can't come than add it they can. We also currently have a sixvday ph ticket, which we will like change, and I'll probably upgrade to the ddp from our free qsdp.

I'm kinda an over planner. I'm planning to take daily breaks, but hubby is a t1 diabetic, and with the heat, I think we're going to look in to das pass as well.

Last edited:
@Rusty2rules I was curious after we talked about the number of restaurants, and went back to look at the plans for our Sept '15 and Aug '18 trips, and we had a TS meal every day on those trips. I was a little surprised because i didn't think we did since nothing seemed rushed, but we did :) this makes me happy and a little less anxious about what i'm planning for this year. The crazy part is, we went to MNSSHP on both of those trips (i did remember that part lol) and it still wasn't too bad.

ETA: I just told DF that we had TS every day of our '18 trip and he was shocked also. I showed him the spreadsheet and he said oh yeah, now I remember...so it must not have been too hateful 😂😁

We did decide that we're going to figure out our park days and take another look at the food part of it. We may switch out one of the Epcot area restaurants

Last edited:
We always have one TS per day when we go. We do tend to switch up which meal it is though. Sometimes it's nice to start out with a sit down breakfast. (Especially if it's a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill/Be our Guest.) I do think we will skip one day this year though. One of my saddest moments in Epcot was when I realized I was to full to eat anymore of the food and wine booth offerings. 😆 Might just take one day and do nothing but munch the booths!

We are only 2 months out from making our 180 day reservations so I'm starting to get our plans together. Definitely intend to do BBB for Molli again. Planning to do the Aurora signature dress this time. Also Hubby wants to build a lightsaber. (I did it last year with our oldest while he built a droid with our youngest) Might do a desert party and a EMM event. We are Going to be doing MNSSHP for sure. Ah, decisions, decisions. I love planning trips!

I think switching it up is part of why it didn't seem like it was a lot. When I checked the old plans there was a healthy mix of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Lucky for me, DF is the one that likes the F of F&W and I like the W lol and he said he'll be fine with having a TS on our Epcot days so we're good.

I remember BBB, it was the best and DD had so much fun. My favorite part was when they put the shield up for the hairspray and she was acting 10 shades of goofy :):)

I'm also adding KttK back to our plans, it's something i've always wanted to do so we're doing it.

I can't believe our 180 days is coming up so fast!

Welcome everyone that has joined us recently! I think I have the list updated with everyone but if I missed you please let me know.

Just found this today! After some back and forth due to DDP release, we will be staying at AKL September 8-12. Last time we were at Disney was 5 years ago, we've been Universal passholders for the last few years, but decided this year to head back to Disney this trip.

I haven't see Pandora or (of course) GE yet and I love both of those so I am super excited to visit. And AKL has always been a dream of mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter