***Official September 2020 Thread***

Has anyone read or seen anything about pools at resorts opening up once resorts open up? Just wondering everyone's thoughts on that. Initially we were booked in April at YC and upon re-booking to Sept. it wasn't available so we switched to CSR. We planned a down day/pool day, and now I'm wondering if that's even going to be a possibility. I wouldn't want to keep calling to try to get YC availability if Stormalong Bay wasn't going to even be open- I'd just save YC for another trip. Thought?

Has anyone read or seen anything about pools at resorts opening up once resorts open up? Just wondering everyone's thoughts on that. Initially we were booked in April at YC and upon re-booking to Sept. it wasn't available so we switched to CSR. We planned a down day/pool day, and now I'm wondering if that's even going to be a possibility. I wouldn't want to keep calling to try to get YC availability if Stormalong Bay wasn't going to even be open- I'd just save YC for another trip. Thought?
No word yet, just need to keep playing the waiting game :) There are thoughts and theories but nothing at all regarding what will be open/closed including pools, and of course even if they don't open pools when they first reopen that could change by September! I will say though that when our kids were younger they really enjoyed the main pool at CSR so if you end up staying there and can do a pool day it's not a bad resort to do it at. Not SAB for sure but the slide is fun!

To be honest, not so confident. I have no doubt that they'll be open in some capacity by then, but travelling all the way from UK I don't want to get half of the experience. I'm covered to change my trip but I'll wait it out to see what happens before cancelling. If I do cancel we won't be going until September 2021 as my wife and I will be going on a final "adult only" Orlando trip and want to do HHN and Food and Wine as we likely won't get the chance to do that for a long time.

Jordan - I have a Sept trip booked from 28th for 2 weeks and although I have been 15+ times, I am taking a friend who this will be her first time to any Disney park and of course I want her to have the full Disney experience. Travelling from the UK too, I am considering pushing our trip out by a few weeks as we still want to attend F&W Fest. Did you book directly with Disney? If so, have you asked them about moving your trip due to the restrictions which may/may not be in place and if so, what did they say? Interested to see if it will cost me any extra etc. Thx - Sophie

Jordan - I have a Sept trip booked from 28th for 2 weeks and although I have been 15+ times, I am taking a friend who this will be her first time to any Disney park and of course I want her to have the full Disney experience. Travelling from the UK too, I am considering pushing our trip out by a few weeks as we still want to attend F&W Fest. Did you book directly with Disney? If so, have you asked them about moving your trip due to the restrictions which may/may not be in place and if so, what did they say? Interested to see if it will cost me any extra etc. Thx - Sophie
Hey Sophie, no I'm staying offsite so have everything booked separately but fortunately with free cancellation for most things. I've heard a lot of people saying that Disney have been really understanding about moving reservations and would imagine they would be for the rest of the year if certain restrictions stay in place.

No word yet, just need to keep playing the waiting game :) There are thoughts and theories but nothing at all regarding what will be open/closed including pools, and of course even if they don't open pools when they first reopen that could change by September! I will say though that when our kids were younger they really enjoyed the main pool at CSR so if you end up staying there and can do a pool day it's not a bad resort to do it at. Not SAB for sure but the slide is fun!
Oh yea, we love the Dig Site pool too (I still remember my kids' faces when they first saw it!) , but I figured if we stay at YC or BC I want it to be when SAB is open to get to take advantage of it. Well, if we can't actually swim we can at least relax at the resort that day. I think just to be safe we'll stick with CSR this trip and save YC for another time.

Still anxiously awaiting all the details of how Disney will reopen. I'm wondering if and what park capacity will be allowed come September. In order to maintain crowds will they only be allowing on property guest, Florida residents or annual pass holders to enter the parks? Will there be any sign of Food and Wine Festival going on at that time? So many unknowns!

Feeling cautiously optimistic that our trip at the end of September will still happen, though a little less than last week as two of the custom bands that the Wife ordered have now been cancelled due to the department being furloughed. Definitely wondering about crowd levels in September, though I'd have to think at least single day admission won't be available.

I think crowds will be lower. See a lot of people that have canceled or postponed trips. We ordered our custom bands prior to all of this so we have ours just hope we get to use them since I got the 2020 dated one :( Wondering about MNSSHP also - can't see them doing that if they don't have the parades and fireworks by then.

Wondering about MNSSHP also - can't see them doing that if they don't have the parades and fireworks by then.

We're wondering about this too. We haven't bought tickets yet but would like to given that we really enjoyed the experience when we went in 2018 and figured DD would get a fun "first" trick or treating experience since we didn't take her out last year. I'm really curious as to what character meet and greets are going to look like, since those are likely going be a bigger part of this trip with it being DD's first. I don't know that I'll be able to get an 18 month old to not hug Mickey when she meets him for the first time.

We're wondering about this too. We haven't bought tickets yet but would like to given that we really enjoyed the experience when we went in 2018 and figured DD would get a fun "first" trick or treating experience since we didn't take her out last year. I'm really curious as to what character meet and greets are going to look like, since those are likely going be a bigger part of this trip with it being DD's first. I don't know that I'll be able to get an 18 month old to not hug Mickey when she meets him for the first time.
Yes, that does sound difficult, lol!
Im guessing with the presentation soon of reopening plans including expected reopen date, you’ll either hear specific info about after hours events or you’ll hear enough details of the plans to make an educated guess as to whether they have the events or not and if you’d even want to do it.
Halloween with Mickey sure would be fun though! Good luck.

I think crowds will be lower. See a lot of people that have canceled or postponed trips. We ordered our custom bands prior to all of this so we have ours just hope we get to use them since I got the 2020 dated one :( Wondering about MNSSHP also - can't see them doing that if they don't have the parades and fireworks by then.

Those might be collector items in a couple of years. LOL

Well since our April trip was cancelled we added on to our September trip. We are now at POP 9/12-9/21, and at the POLY 9/21-9/25. This trip better happen. It’s a big family trip.

Fingers crossed for all of us! With the way things are shaping up it seems like the parks should at least be *open* by then. I'm also lightly considering extending our visit by a couple of days just to ensure we have enough time to do everything given we don't know what crowd levels will look like - I hope they're lower than years past but I have a feeling that once a reopening date is announced, to say it's sometime in July (just a guess), all the eager beavers who couldn't take their May/June trips but want to see how things shake out first will be booking for Sept.

I am leaning towards lower than normal crowds as well because of International and wondering if there will still be some caps to attendance still in place.

Agreed, they won't be able to have crowded parks until a vaccine or effective treatment is developed. I am concerned about the second wave predicted for this fall and winter to coincide with flu season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter